Ina Bauer move | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ina Bauer move

Meoima

Match Penalty
She's good, but her ina bauer is no where near as flawless as Shizuka Arakawa's full back bend. She's more on Yuna's half back bend level.
Shizuka is, no doubt, the best when it comes to Ina Bauer. :love: what I like about this move is, it can be both elegant ( for ladies) and graceful yet strong (for men) at the same time. :yay:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
So many lovely ones. I can't choose a favorite:

Shizuka: that position is beautiful insanity
Yu-Na: just lovely
Sasha: that girl had so many gorgeous moves
Mirai: another beauty
Caroline: back in the day, hers was beautiful
Rachael: very effective use in her programs
Julia: another great one

And finally, my favorite ina bauer moment from the Kween:agree:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Missing Olympia after reviewing the above post...:(

Were there any other great Ina Bauers from this past season that you can think of?

mrrice

Record Breaker
Rachael Flatt is not my favorite skater. HOWEVER, Nobody could do a better or more musically timed Ina Bauer than she. I might also add. The girl could do a spread eagle better than anybody. Beautiful turnout and most of all. ( I know this sounds weird ) She kept her butt tucked to give a perfect line. Odd yes, but crucial for a great body line. The girl had skills and I hope she coaches some day. I think she'd have a lot of good advice about how to prepare for life after skating while still being competitive.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
My inner Dick Button just thinks simple is better. contortionistic moves are popular these days but I prefer pure lines and extension.

Ina Bauer shows how its done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUbl7-6t3mc

That was so pretty...the whole performance.:cheer: --Though I'm sure there were those who said "The Beilman spin is contortionistic and not as beautiful as the classic lines a simple upright spin produces" when it first began to be used. ;)

krispy

Rinkside
That was so pretty...the whole performance.:cheer: --Though I'm sure there were those who said "The Beilman spin is contortionistic and not as beautiful as the classic lines a simple upright spin produces" when it first began to be used. ;)
yes a lot of people still say so... although I actually like the Beilman (If its done well)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I could never really tell for sure if this was an Ina Bauer or a spread eagle. Regardless....I used it as the "ender" in the video I made for Elizabet. I love the way she uses her arms!

https://youtu.be/9dp6yiG78k4?t=3m45s

Good luck in Detroit!!

Last edited: