Jackson skate size? | Golden Skate

Jackson skate size?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Is this your current Jackson boots? Is that a brand new Jackson 200/Elle?? We told you that those are not stiff enough for you and your skating at this point. Also, I thought you were going to try Riedell for your new boots/blades??!

Last edited:

High Carbon

Skate technician
Rinkside
Country
United-States
That is indeed a Jackson Elle size 5 regular! 5 is the length of the boot and R just means it comes with a standard width instead of having a wider toe box. Wider boots are marked with a W for wide. I couldn't tell you without all my measuring tools by me what foot length in inches would be equal to a size 5. Most brands have their own sizing metrics and I'm not sure how they all create them, but the American companies use pretty much the same metric, Jackson has it's own metric as it's a Canadian brand, and Risport and Edea use their own metric as they're both Italian and use the same ones. I'm not sure about Graff as I haven't worked with those boots yet. I do presume the Canadian and European boots use some kind of centimeter based metric while the American brands use an Imperial metric, but I'm not positive. No idea if this information answers your question, but hopefully you'll find it useful!
And of course, please find a knowledgeable figure skate tech and dealer to help you to find the best equipment for you! Because the brand sizes are all so different, it can be very risky buying boots online if you don't know exactly what you're looking for. Cheers! :)

Letoneskoro

Rinkside
Is this your current Jackson boots? Is that a brand new Jackson 200/Elle?? We told you that those are not stiff enough for you and your skating at this point. Also, I thought you were going to try Riedell for your new boots/blades??!
I'm considering different options in this case I'm interested in the length of the boot size 5
Yes, it is Jackson elle

Letoneskoro

Rinkside
Thanks you for detailed information 😊
Totally agree, buying skates online is pretty risky.
Considering this table, size 5 should be 9 inches?

High Carbon

Skate technician
Rinkside
Country
United-States
Thanks you for detailed information 😊
Totally agree, buying skates online is pretty risky.
Considering this table, size 5 should be 9 inches?

So long as the chart comes from the Jackson website it should be trustworthy enough. The only other sizing piece to question is ball with. If she has a wider foot then a regular width boot will need some punching an stretching. If not then it should be fine. It'll still be good to find a figure skate tech close to you because often enough factory fresh boots can still have hot spots at the ankle bones for some people and then need punching out. It's not always the case and for all we know the boot will fit perfectly snug, but just to have a person to go to just in case is always good :)