Jason Brown`s future | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown`s future

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Um, great. A program's transitions are not judged just based upon the difficulty of transitions into your 3A. And, guess what, Jason's second 3A in his LP this year DOES have just as hard of a transition into it as Hanyu's.

umm... Jason is trying to do forward what Hanyu last year in SP was doing backwards at full speed and then turning forward straight into jump. What Jason is doing is not as hard what Hanyu was doing last year in SP

Tavi...

Record Breaker
AliaJ-

Thanks for your reply, and for the comments / video clips you provided. Just to be clear, I wasn't questioning the difficulty of Hanyu's jump entrances or his talent. Rather, I was challenging FlattFan's presenting his/her opinions as absolute fact, and arrogantly dismissing BOP's and others' opinions in the process.

In post #5, futurepupdoc stated the following:

"IMHO as a choreographer since the level of transitions and overall choreography is so high it will take him a bit longer to achieve a clean skate. The moves he does are leg and muscle killers in a 5 minute program."

That really sums it up for me. I personally think it's kind of silly for people to fixate on the difficulty of one jump entry in isolation because it's the program as a whole that the skater performs.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
The fact is this: Hanyu got the highest GOE for his 3A. Suffice to say it is the hardest and best 3a. Only people without eyes can't see it

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Um, great. A program's transitions are not judged just based upon the difficulty of transitions into your 3A. And, guess what, Jason's second 3A in his LP this year DOES have just as hard of a transition into it as Hanyu's.

LOL. Just as hard.

The contention point is this, Jason did has a really hard entrance to his triple lutz so his transitions are the same as Hanyu.

Keep this logic up, it will help you in normal day to day argument, NOT. Anyway, I'm done with this nonsense.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
The fact is this: Hanyu got the highest GOE for his 3A. Suffice to say it is the hardest and best 3a. Only people without eyes can't see it

I don't doubt that Hanyu frequently gets high GOE on his 3A - they're beautiful, and I do look at protocols. But if all you can do is restate a conclusory opinion without providing any support for it, and then top it off with an insult, you'll forgive me for not taking anything else you say too seriously.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Honestly, I think there's a bit of minutiae here. Jason's skating career doesn't lie in one transition into one jump. It's how his entire program measures up with the competition.

Right now because he doesn't have a quad, he is at an disadvantage with a handful of skaters, though he has done well enough to keep up with a good chunk of the field. If he gets the quad (which looks likely) into those programs, we'll see how things stacks up.

Last edited: