KANAKO MURAKAMI : The Young Polished Gem | Page 2 | Golden Skate

KANAKO MURAKAMI : The Young Polished Gem

silverlake22

Record Breaker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxjTIhUriTA

Kanako is absolutely adorable. She'll be a great skater, but that flutz may hold her back.

True, but many skaters have done well with a flutz: Fumie, Mao, Ashley Wagner. As long as she keeps the 5 triples in her arsenal and continues to be able to land them I expect she will do well on the senior circuit. Her technique isn't as worrisome as Polina Shelepen's. I love Kanako's "Harispray" exhibition program, so cute :agree:!

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
Kanako is fantastic. She has all her jumps (some edge problems), but disregarding that since we have seen tons of young jumping beans plummet to the earth once they grow, Kanako has other things that many skaters don't... especially at her level.

The first I noticed is her beautifully centered spins... we still see plenty of Senior ladies traveling all over the ice when they spin.

The second main thing I noticed is her speed for a Junior skater. So many young skaters just slowly glide across the ice... the great ones like Yu-Na have speed (something she even lacked a bit at 14).

The only thing Kanako really needs now is more expression in her skating. Her exhibition piece for the GPF was great, but there was no smile on her face when there should have been. I expect great things from her.

It also might be noteworthy to say that Kanako's GPF LP score would have put her in 4th place at the Senior level... and that is without the extra element added to Senior ladies programs.