Kevin van der Perren's out | Golden Skate

Kevin van der Perren's out

Damn. I was looking forward to see if he could knock one the Americans off the podium. He's out of the Final, unless they find him another venue, and he does well in CoR

Buttercup

Record Breaker
That really sucks. The only positive is that apparently it's not related to the hip surgery he had in the spring. I'll keep my fingers crossed that he doesn't stay sidelined for too long.

Snowgirl

On the Ice
He is definitely out of the final, because since a skater withdraws from a Grand-Prix event, he can't get another one for replacement.

So it leaves the SA competition with 10 men only?

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
:cry: Ugh, I was hoping for this being a great year for Kevin and I was looking forward to seeing his programs. I hope he gets better soon.

lcd

Match Penalty
Ugh.... what a disappointment. You know, when you look at the injury/cancel rates, you'd think these events would start with larger rosters to begin with. At these rates, the fans will barely have two flights of athletes to watch!

Hope he's on the mend. Hope he doesn't decide to announce HIS retirement.... aaaargghh!!!

lmarie086

Medalist
Hope he's on the mend. Hope he doesn't decide to announce HIS retirement.... aaaargghh!!!

Noo don't say that! We can't lose another one!
Aw Kevin! I hope he has a speedy recovery and is able to return to the ice asap (without it risking another injury).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Actually, if he wins his other event (and if 15 is enough for the 6th highest score or more, he will get to go to the final). That happened once in ladies.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Actually, if he wins his other event (and if 15 is enough for the 6th highest score or more, he will get to go to the final). That happened once in ladies.
His other event is CoR. I think Kevin is wonderful, but against Joubert, Voronov and Verner, and possibly not 100% health-wise, I don't see it happening.

lcd said:
I really hope he doesn't retire before the Olympics.