Kim vs Asada, Virtue/Moir vs Davis/White | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Kim vs Asada, Virtue/Moir vs Davis/White

I love this quote!

Unfortunately, "anonymous" actually replied to your quote in a sarcastic manner in the comment section of a particular--erm--blog, Olympia, in which they said:

"Nothing can't compare?"

Sigh. I'd say their own analogy is the "worst analogy ever." If you're going to be a smart*** and a rude little **** at least try and do it properly.

Wow, my reputation spreads! Does this mean I'm now a Web personality? :) This is the part of fandom I'll never understand. Why it's necessary to prove that the rivals of one's favorite are worthless is beyond me.

There's a certain honor in being disparaged by someone who has no understanding of metaphoric language. Cubic zirconia, though...that's cold. I'm not completely confident in my finesse as a debater, but I am sure of Davis/White's quality, and it is nowhere near the likes of a manufactured rhinestone.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Except for the fact that D/W haven't been beaten since 2012 and agruably should have won the World's before that. V/M's Free Dance is not as good either, so unless D/W have a melt down, they should win the Olympics.

They do have the edge based on what we've seen, but I don't think it'll take a full-on meltdown for them to slip off the top. The teams' scores were quite close at GPF. Could easily come down to a small bobble, a lost level, a bit less energy...

Zoueva certainly believes it will not be an issue with the dancers. OTOH, if you really believe that peaking is important in training, something that several skaters,including Scott Moir, have mentioned, then there might be one. Chan feels that he needs a substantial recovery time.

If you watched Olympic gymnastics, you saw gymnasts who aced the team event and the all-around unable to hit their routines in the event finals. So some skaters may have problems - or not. It will be interesting to see.

Gabby Douglas at the 2012 games comes to mind. I don't think it's a general trend, though, that gymnasts are worn out by event finals. I'm not even convinced it's that common. You see hit routines and flawed routines in all phases of the competition. And when an athlete does miss, you never know for certain why that is, so you don't know if it's due to being drained from the rest of the competition. With Gabby, maybe it was all the attention and uproar after she won both team and AA gold that affected her. Or maybe she fed off her teammates or the crowd's energy during the team and AA competitions, and didn't do so well in the quieter, more focused atmosphere during EF. Maybe she was distracted...you just can't know.

I'm waiting to see how everyone skates before I decide whether this new addition to the competition is a good thing, but I'm predicting they won't be affected all that much. As others have pointed out elsewhere, athletes in other sports have been competing multiple times for ages.