Knierims to be coached by Aljona Savchenko | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Knierims to be coached by Aljona Savchenko

perspicuosity

Rinkside
I'm late to the thread, but this is truly mind-bending. Good luck to everyone involved!

And JFB is supposed to be a great jump coach. Per Meagan, he fixed Aljona's salchow.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Good for them. I always support pairs with a long-term partnership (very rare for US pairs), not to mentioned a married couple.

charlotte14

Medalist
Interesting enough, the Knierims also have an amazing twist like Alyona and Bruno!
Now I hope they will start landing their SBS jumps more often.

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
They were stagnating under Delilah. I'm glad they decided to make a positive move elsewhere.
the proximity to the USFSA federation didnt help their skating to progress and grow to the point it stifled their potential

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They were stagnating under Delilah. I'm glad they decided to make a positive move elsewhere.

This. Exactly.

I don't know whether they'll flourish under Aliona, but they dang sure weren't in their current situation.

I said earlier that I was a bit surprised they weren't retiring. Given that they aren't, then they must believe they have more to show than what they have. They need a change to make that happen.

nguyhm

On the Ice
Aljona could be their jump coach. She was a great jumper and I imagine she has some personal tips that could really help them.

Just my guess but if Bruno's jumps improved with the help of Aljona then I hope she can do the same for Chris. The Knierims can carry on the "twist legacy" since they already have one of the best ones. I'm excited :yahoo:

libecha

Rinkside
I don’t know, Meagan Duhamel said she thought Aljona’s jumps got better (particularly the 3S) because of Bruno’s coach, not the other way around.

noskates

Record Breaker
Good move. I think it's really difficult when you've been with the same coach for so long and are such good friends. You may kind of lose sight of the steps needed to reach your goals. I love Chris and Alexa and think there's a lot more for them to accomplish. I'm glad they're still competing and I think this will be a fresh start for them.

asp11

Just a dedicated fan - not a skater
On the Ice
If Bruno moves, how will he and Aljona skate in shows??? Also, was that formally announced anywhere?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Knierims' quad twist was a thing of beauty. They had to take it out for awhile after Alexa's health problems, but I fully expect them to start going for it again. I'm really excited for them and think this change is going to do them a world of good.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have high hopes for this arrangement. I can only hope it works well. They were seen practicing at Glacier Ice Arena, and I hope they will continue there in the future, even if it's only occasionally.

asp11

On the Ice
Aljona's new goal for 2022: She and Bruno repeat as Gold medalists. Kneirims get silver. Her other team she picks up as a coach between now and then are bronze.

Ha! That would be something!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for this, but I opened a new thread with the icenetwork interview. Hope nobody feels slighted. No problem if these are going to be fused.

QuadThrow

Medalist
This interview is so nice.

Aljona´s plan was to try new throws and other new things after the Olympics. (3LoTh? (Aljona have never tried this element in competition) Quads? Aljona ruined her ancle last year. I thought she stopped trying Quads?!?). One year ago she posted a clip of her 3T+3T+3T. I answered that it might be time for her to try a 4T. She told me that there would be time for this after Pyoengchang:scratch:.

A bit sad that Bruno do not want to go on. Hope for 2020/21 and 2021/2022.:yahoo:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Ah, but Bruno has other things on his mind right now. And contrary to 4 years ago with Robin, she's not that crazy (her own words in the interview). Even Robin acknowledged at the time that they hardly talked. I have the feeling she and Bruno understand each other very well, they talk (and I mean real talk, not just small talk). Their partnership is the one in a lifetime combination that really works. I sincerely hope she, and the rest of the coaching team will be able to bring the Knierims further. And, let's not forget Delilah..It feels as if they're all on It, including the coach who brought them together in the first place!

asp11

On the Ice
Ah, but Bruno has other things on his mind right now. And contrary to 4 years ago with Robin, she's not that crazy (her own words in the interview). Even Robin acknowledged at the time that they hardly talked. I have the feeling she and Bruno understand each other very well, they talk (and I mean real talk, not just small talk). Their partnership is the one in a lifetime combination that really works. I sincerely hope she, and the rest of the coaching team will be able to bring the Knierims further. And, let's not forget Delilah..It feels as if they're all on It, including the coach who brought them together in the first place!

I agree; they seem to be friends.

asp11

On the Ice

I agree; they seem to be good friends.