Kurt Browning's Gotta Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kurt Browning's Gotta Skate

tarotx

On the Ice
...she skated well too although sometimes it is hard to know if there were any retakes spliced into the tv version......

Sasha didn't have a retake at this show or so reports from those who attended have said. She did have a retake from the Christmas show.

I taped Kurt's show and will watch it when I can sit and relax through the whole thing. Looking forward to it.
My DH was watching the first few minutes of it as I was at the computer waiting for Skate Canada to come on. He wanted to know "who is the gorgeous blond Kurt is skating with?" I told him it was Shae Lynn and that he'd be seeing that gorgeous blond in person on Saturday when we attend Fashion On Ice. Now I just hope she doesn't have to back out for some reason. Angela Nikodinov has already been replaced by Joannie Rochette, which is fine with me as we've never seen Joannie live.

sillylionlove

Medalist
I have to admit that I found the show pretty boring!! I don't know why. Maybe it was seeing Sasha skating for the millionth time to Hurt. I sure hope she changes this program before Stars On Ice.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
How do I put this.....did anyone notice that Sasha seemed to be a bit more endowed than previously? Not that it matters and I hope this isn't offensive to anyone but I watched the DVR'd the show and watched a second time...its neither here nor there just wondering was it only some sort of optical illusion on my end.

Yes, I saw this. I don't care either way, but she has had implants. I think they look nice and natural - they fit her body (not to big/small). The only reason I noticed was because I've watched her skate the past few years and I think anyone who watches skating is familiar with the general body type of skaters. If Kwan gained 15lbs, we'd notice it, when Sarah lost weight during the Oly. season we noticed. Nothing wrong with these things, we just notice.

I wonder if this will hamper her jumping if she comes back for Vancouver...as a well endowed gal - I find my endowments are a real consideration when skating - i.e they get in the way and I can't wear certain clothes without certain support that tends to not go well with skating fashion.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I seriously doubt any kind of "come back" on her part. Remember when S. Hughes was talking about a "come back"? Hogwash. It's just TALK and nothing else.

But for this thread's sake, suppose she does. Then if any problems arise, unlike "natural" growth, she can just have the implants removed.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
I seriously doubt any kind of "come back" on her part. Remember when S. Hughes was talking about a "come back"? Hogwash. It's just TALK and nothing else.

But for this thread's sake, suppose she does. Then if any problems arise, unlike "natural" growth, she can just have the implants removed.

Normally I'd agree with you on the comeback....it almost never works but we're talking about Cohen who most certainly has the talent to be on top (not sure about the mentality and willingness to work for it). Sarah was not anywhere near as talented and besides, regardless of your take on her winning Oly - she'd reached what most would call the highest point in a skating career - what was left?. Her "comeback" I think really was unwise and only underscored that on the night of the Oly, she was the best but on any other night, most likely not. Sasha, despite her issues, was far more consistent than Hughes and I translate it into more talent and potential for a comeback. JMO.

Yes, the implants could be removed but it takes time to heal from surgery and time may be her enemy now....too far away from Vancouver to really start training (risk an injury or burnout) but if she waits to long, not enough time to train to get ready.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
After watching the show all I can say is please no more motown... at least not live performances. As much as I love those songs the music drained life out of alot of the show... it wasn't fresh... it was really a rehash in away of Star Skates does Motown IMHO just different faces and a couple different songs...

that being said it was nice to see the show... a good Pro show... but it didn't really meet the bar (at least TV wise) of Kurt's shows... it just seemed too generic... and it was pretty evident the musical guests weren't very into the skating aspect...

bring back BNL!!!!! :laugh:

discoduck

On the Ice
I don't have a problem with Motown as I actually enjoy that type of music. I guess though it's not the same when you don't have the original lead singer of the Temptations any more and only three out of four Boys To Men. I never really considered them Motown anyway though.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I was trying to watch Skate Canada, but it came on later than scheduled, because of basketball, so I gave up for a while, and turned to Gotta Skate, about halfway through Sasha's skate. She looked wonderful, and it was great to see her skate so beautifully. I like what Johar said: "Seeing Sasha skate again was like seeing a long lost friend." Yep. :clap:

Because Sasha worked in the pre-CoP era, it would be a big adjustment for her to compete as an eligible again. I think she could do it, but I wonder if it would be worth it; after all, she has an Olympic silver medal, already.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Because Sasha worked in the pre-CoP era, it would be a big adjustment for her to compete as an eligible again. I think she could do it, but I wonder if it would be worth it; after all, she has an Olympic silver medal, already.

Not really Sasha's first year as a senior was the 2002. The CoP was introduced in the GP series in 203 i belive. She won the silver at the olypics under CoP, and her National Gold!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

As TinyMavy said... CoP is not something Sasha hasn't worked in, she saw her big wins with it... and she had some of the highest scores in it for a long while (if not still?) I don't think that's what will hold her back if she were to return.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
gold is the most important, but it's not the only color medals come in... and a silver is nothing to sniff at

I'm sure Kurt would have taken a silver medal in 92 or 94 ;)