LA Times article on US Nationals (interesting Cohen info) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

LA Times article on US Nationals (interesting Cohen info)

lavender

Record Breaker
Michelle has hugged all her coaches. However I've never seen Michelle hug RA like she did at Nationals after her short program.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
In the case of Sasha, I am just hoping it is not for her falls. Coaches do not teach falls, they teach technique. Only skaters fall.
I don't think it's as simple as that. Think of the shrink TT hired for Yagudin before SLC after the disaster at the Goodwill Games, and the wonders that did. However, I think the key here is trust. If a skater trusts his/her coach, follows all exercise/ regiment/ diet instructions, etc., then it's one thing. When OTOH, as TT suggests in that interview the skater picks and chooses what to follow, then it's a whole different story.

soogar

Record Breaker
lavender said:
Michelle has hugged all her coaches. However I've never seen Michelle hug RA like she did at Nationals after her short program.

I thought MK and RA were kind of distant in the kiss and cry. Not in a bad way, but RA had a genuine smile on his handsome face and reached to touch MK but she kind of pulled away. I kind of took it more like keeping a respectful distance kind of thing. RA is extremely handsome and married so perhaps MK didn't want to tempt fate by getting too close (I'd be like that too :)).