Ladies FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS

krenseby

Final Flight
Miki fell 3 times. The 2nd fall seemed so painful, for a sec I though she wouldn't be able to continue. Is she OK????

Well... I do remember last year's GP final... I mean, I don't mean to be down on Miki, but I just want to point out that her results.. uhhm.. vary from perfect programs to meltdowns....

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Fell once and I think a couple of other minor points, but she'd medaling, at least! Possibly silver.
Edit: SHE'S WON!
Edit#2: Haven't quite checked the numbers yet, but I think Sarah Meier won the free skate by a hair. Two points in the short let Carolina win by another hair.

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
EEEEk at these results! I have no idea who's going to the final now! Takeda beats Ando! WTF!

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Carolina KOSTNER's won the whole thing. Congrets!
It's not the 1st time she's winning with a single axel in her program.

Miki still has a chance to go to GPF. She has the same resultes as Sarah, so far.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Carolina's going to Finale: gold here and bronze in China locks her.
Mathmatically thats:

Yu-Na Kim
Mao Asada
Kimmie Meissner
Carolina Kostner

I think Yukari and Caroline Zhang might be grabbing the last spots, but I'm not 100% certain.

gourry

Final Flight
OMG Miki!!!!! I hope she's okay. Those falls sure seemed painful.:cry: This means no final for her and CarolZ has the last spot, right? No?
Before LP, it was Caro that I worried, not Miki!! OMG OMG....

zigzig

Rinkside
Wow! I never would have guessed Nana Takeda would post the highest TES scores of everyone and Miki posting almost the lowest, beating last place finisher Yan Liu's TES by only 0.25 of a point! Crazy!

krenseby

Final Flight
OMG Miki!!!!! I hope she's okay. Those falls sure seemed painful.:cry: This means no final for her and CarolZ has the last spot, right? No?
Before LP, it was Caro that I worried, not Miki!! OMG OMG....

You know Miki reminds of Johnny Weir. I remember that he had a lot of skaters, especially early in his career that would start off really badly and degenerate into a falling frenzy - fall after fall after fall. Once he withdrew after literally hitting the wall. I felt so sorry for him. I really wonder whether starting out a program with a disastrous fall sometimes ruins the physical conditioning and the fighting spirit in a way that makes the skater totally give up.

BelleFilleYuna

On the Ice
This is just shocking.
What happened to Miki??

Give me something to blame.
I'm not happy with this result.
Miki should have won this thing....

So seems like two Caros are going to the final.
Congrats on Carolina and Caroline!!!:clap:
I think Caroline's been nail-biting until this moment.:biggrin:
Good for her!!

ks777

Record Breaker
Wow! I never would have guessed Nana Takeda would post the highest TES scores of everyone and Miki posting almost the lowest, beating last place finisher Yan Liu's TES by only 0.25 of a point! Crazy!

I know!! She only has loop and toe.. how could it be possible?

krenseby

Final Flight
This is just shocking.
What happened to Miki??

Give me something to blame.
I'm not happy with this result.
Miki should have won this thing....

So seems like two Caros are going to the final.
Congrats on Carolina and Caroline!!!:clap:
I think Caroline's been nail-biting until this moment.:biggrin:
Good for her!!

Blame the quad.... Whenever Miki gets obsessed with landing it, everything else falls by the side.. Well, not really true you know, but gives me something to blame!

oleada

Record Breaker
Mao and Miki have been so off the entire season, compared to last year. I hope it's not the insane media pressure that's getting to them.

On the positives...looks like Miki didn't lip her flip. But three of her triples were downgraded.
I hope she can regroup before Nationals and Worlds and hopefully skate well there.