Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
They really went for Adelina, I'm thinking that program isn't even beatable for Caro :(

Not for Caro, not for Julia.

With that score, the jugdes make Adelina to one of the favourites for the Olympics! Even YuNa and Mao will have to skate almost clean to beat her - especially as we will be in Russia!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Losing weight does add consistency to a skater, huh??? Considering Yuna has been very thin, especially recently.

there is something in the air about it recently...Adelina, Yuna, Gracie Gold look now extra thin/skinny and I don't know how to react to that tendency...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alena LEONOVA (RUS)

Music: Carmen by Rodion Shchedrin

Black and red dress. Red rose in hair.

3T+3T - very nice
3Lz - e
2Lo
FCSp
3F+2T
3F
3S+2T - stepout
CCoSp
StSq
ChSq - spiral, spread eagle
2A
FCCoSp

Strongest skate from Leonova in long time, 6 triples. If she could have done that in some previous Euros she could've medalled.

FS: 49.95+64.11 = 114.06 (SB), 178.15 (SB), 2nd (out of 20)

She's crying - because she's not going to Sochi, I wonder?

Panini

On the Ice
Decent skate for Alena but I think she knows she's probably not going to Sochi. She looked kind of sad/resigned when she started skating too.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Decent skate for Alena but I think she knows she's probably not going to Sochi. She looked kind of sad/resigned when she started skating too.

That she will not go was clear even before Russian Nationals.
Afterewards it was clear, that Julia and Adelina will go. Alena has no Chance. Especially with that terrible program!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
there is something in the air about it recently...Adelina, Yuna, Gracie Gold look now extra thin/skinny and I don't know how to react to that tendency...

It's hard because to me Gracie also looks too thin, but I imagine it is much easier to get up in the air and rotate if you aren't carrying extra weight.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Not for Caro, not for Julia.

With that score, the jugdes make Adelina to one of the favourites for the Olympics! Even YuNa and Mao will have to skate almost clean to beat her - especially as we will be in Russia!

It's good to keep in mind that it's hard to compare scores from competition to competition depending on who is competing in the event. Adelina is clearly one of the top 3 competitors in this field at this competition which means she's going to get higher PCS.

I seriously doubt she'll be getting close to 70 at the Olympics against a stacked field...

samson

Medalist
Well there is a lot of Vodka flowing with the score Adelina got. It was a very good skate but...

I do like the concept of her dress. I feel like the execution could have been stronger but the colors and overall idea is great.

Not sure why Alena seems to upset. I thought it was a strong skate for her this season, and by far her seasons best.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Gracie was saying something about skating being a lightweight sport when she was on Letterman (or was it Leno) and the host asked her about skating diet.

As much as I understand a skater should be light on ice, don't you also need strength and stamina? Can't have those two if you're hungry and light-headed from dieting.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
You know, no matter where Alena places, she can be really proud of her progress this season. She's nailed her 3-3 many times and has made it to Euros when people counted her out and might even get a top 5 out of it. If this happens to be her last major competition she can certainly hold her head high.