Ladies Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
WOW!!!! A virtual three-way tie for first!! Yipee!!!!
Though of course Sasha usually has more problems with long than with short

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
With Sasha's consistency, I think first in the SP is not great going into the LP. She only barely edged out the other two who will have a reason to fight. I think she would have had a better LP if she were second or third going in. Well, good luck to her. I was happy to see Sasha smiling while she skated.It's a real three dog race now.

aviva_dawn

On the Ice
Sasha in first by .03!!!!!!!!! I am screaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:

All my skaters made it to the LP.....

Fleur! Tugba! Emily! Sasha!

I've never been happier!

rain

Record Breaker
Woohoooooo! Cohen into first! She's my personal fav of the favs here, if you couldn't tell. So excited for her. Joannie in 9th and only two points out of 6th place, 4 out of 5th - I think top 6 is really possible for her. Excellent. Well skated event. Gold is going to be a close battle.

CDMM1991

Medalist
It's so exciting to see such a competition at the top! And all three Americans in the top ten! That's pretty impressive. Emily proved herself beautifully. And Kimmie is fifth! Wow!

Last edited:

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
Sasha in 1st! Kimmie in the Top 5!! Emily in the Top 8!!! Sounds like the USA ladies rocked it up!!!!

SusanBeth

Final Flight
There's no tie. Sasha WON the short program. Go SASHA!!!!!!!!

(I do realize, it doesn't mean the same under COP, but give the girl her due.)

Last edited:

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Did anyone give a recap for Sasha? Clean, of course. The double axel landing was a little tight and scratchy. The bielman ending on the LB slowed the spin a little. By the footwork she really sold it with head movements and tons of facial expression. I've never seen Sasha emote like that and it paid off in the second mark.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
CDMM1991 said:
It's so exciting to see such a competition at the top! And all three Americans in the top ten! That's pretty impressive. Emily proved herself beautifully. Not sure Michelle could have handled the pressure that well! And Kimmie is fifth! Wow!

I was wondering when teh first Kwan mention would happen :laugh: never fails... but I doubt highly Michelle would have dropped out of the top 10 had she competed...

yeay team USA :rock

sk8m8

Final Flight
wow, instead of a default fight for silver and bronze we have the possiblitiy to have an all out skate-off for gold. Congrats to Shiz for her outstanding skate, to Kimmie for keeping it close, to Emily for showing her stuff (top 8 finish in the short, woo hoo, if she ends up in top 10 she's won her battle)

wow, that's just exciting!

shadymc

Rinkside
It's so exciting to see such a competition at the top! And all three Americans in the top ten! That's pretty impressive. Emily proved herself beautifully. Not sure Michelle could have handled the pressure that well! And Kimmie is fifth! Wow!

Huh?? Michelle was first after the short in both Olympics she participated in.

millie

Medalist
Nicks was so proud of Sasha. He led her away from the Kiss and Cry with her hand in the air. I thought that he was going to come out of his skin. GO SASHA. She was esthetic and it showed in her face.

Nmsis

On the Ice
I would have prefered Sasha to win by more than 0.03 points. She deserved a little bit more than Slutskaya tonight.

The real undermarked tonight is Elena Liaschenko. She ends up 13th with a nice program. I don't like the fact that the judges are trying to make her come out of the competition by the backdoor. That's pretty unfair.

bili

Rinkside
I am not a Sasha Cohen fan, but that was a brilliant performance!!:clap:

A bit sad about Carolina, though, she could have done better.

Question: what exactly happened with Sokolova? I didn't catch her program..