Ladies Short | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short

woshisunnya

Rinkside
I think the result is OK.
I like Mao sp although it's wayyyyy apart from her best performance. I remembered that Mao got around 59 in last year's GPF with a mistake on 3-3 and aborted the 3 Lutz, so about 58 with the mistakes today is ok for me and by the way I think her Lutz is a Lutz this time, but I am not good at this.

I am happy that Joannie is in the first place ,maybe she was little overscored, but her and Mao should be very close though.And, aside the mistake on 3 filp, the quality of her other elements are very good esp the 2A. however, it is a very small gap between her and Mao and Mao's LP always be very good so a very interesting game tomorrow. Good luck for both of them.

By the way, I feel sad for Zhang, her TES even lower than two french ladies. But the 3-3 seems UR for me even maybe for both the triples.

Last edited:

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Very disappointed all around, a complete splat fest. I did not appreciate Joannie getting held up, and she truly was, Skate Canada was a gift and this is just icing on the cake. I feel so bad for Elene G, and I sincerely believe that after this competition Emily Hughes will retire from skating for good and just go back to school, or at least after nationals.
I can't speak for Joannie here, but at Skate Canada... she was NOT held up. If you aren't a fan of hers, fine... but she deserved that title and likely deserved to be first in the short also... if Mao deserved to be first, the judges wouldn't have held back... they have no problem any other time putting her first.

WTG Joannie!! :clap:

woodenkey

Rinkside
Mao had some jump issues, but her skating is GORGEOUS!!! She's improved so much under TAT, such light, elegant skating! Never really liked her before, but she won me over at worlds last year, and now I am definitely a fan!

I totally agree :yes:
Mao usually does better in FS. I hope she will come back strong tomorrow.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
ITA. TRAxel. I can't comment on her performance at TEBC but Joannie was brilliant at Skate Canada.

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Poor Joannie. [People will criticize] her now, because she dared to make one less mistake than Mao did and beat her by a hair that way.
How dare she! Like it's her fault the judges put her first... that always makes me laugh when fans hate on skaters for how the judges mark them :disagree:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Time to add to/update my "bot" ignore list. :rock::bow:;)

How dare she! Like it's her fault the judges put her first... that always makes me laugh when fans hate on skaters for how the judges mark them :disagree:

I know! You'd think the way haters are overreacting that she would be 10 points ahead of Mao when it's only a 1.42 difference. Plus, Mao had 3 MISTAKES in 2 jumping passes! If Mao had done a true 2Lutz, they would likely be tied right now, but Mao's flutz gave Joannie some change in points.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andalusia

Final Flight
Name me one post in this thread that has showered hate on Joannie herself. The only complaining being done is about the scoring. Get a bloody grip, for goodness' sake.

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Name me one post in this thread that has showered hate on Joannie herself. The only complaining being done is about the scoring. Get a bloody grip, for goodness' sake.
If this is directed at me... my grip is just fine.

Hate being the fact that Joannie is being picked on with all the sarcasm about her marks... don't hate the skater, hate the judges! :biggrin:

Andalusia

Final Flight
;) TRAxel Good call!

I smell hatred/anger from the particular poster!

Oh well, hatred is probably too strong a word to use. Irritation is more like it.

I'd be fine with Joannie being first if she had even done a 3-2 instead of a 3-3. As it is, I think her mistakes are about on par with Mao's, who I'm not a 100% sure flutzed - let's wait to see the protocols before we make a call on that. It might even be palatable if Joannie was first, but with not such a high score. Nearly 60 points with a fall is a bit much to me.

And it's absolutely not Joannie's fault if she's being overscored for whatever reason. Good grief. And I say overscored only IMO, which I'm free to express.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Oh well, hatred is probably too strong a word to use. Irritation is more like it.

I'd be fine with Joannie being first if she had even done a 3-2 instead of a 3-3. As it is, I think her mistakes are about on par with Mao's, who I'm not a 100% sure flutzed - let's wait to see the protocols before we make a call on that. It might even be palatable if Joannie was first, but with not such a high score. Nearly 60 points with a fall is a bit much to me.

And it's absolutely not Joannie's fault if she's being overscored for whatever reason. Good grief. And I say overscored only IMO, which I'm free to express.

I'm really trying here to understand how Joannie was overscored in comparision to Mao......Mao probably got 2 points for her flip, and 0 points for her double lutz because I believe it's -3 GOE when you miss an element, by doing a double lutz Mao missed an element. Since the requirment is a triple.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Yes, you have your freedom of expression. But, in my humble opinion, you definitely crossed the line when you linked Joannie's marks to Olympics. Last thing we need on this forum is another conspiracy theory. One thing about the web forum is once you hit "submit post" button is for thousands others to read. So in a sense, we all should learn to take on some responsibility for what we say on the forum. It is a bit different from gossiping between a few people in a privage setting.

How low can we get collectively as a forum group? And I admit that I'm guilty of gossiping here to some extent.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish Joannie would take a note from Laura Lepisto and attempt a 3toe+3toe in the SP. That, along with her much improved 3Lutz and 2Axel and PCS improvements could make for a great, secure SP, which is what she needs the most. I trust her stability with that 3+3 more so than the flip+toe. These continued mistakes in the SP are really going to cost her in the major events if she and Manon don't rethink their strategy. Just some thoughts because I really want her to do well.:love:

Last edited:

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Of course you are free to express, as we all are here... and you know what? It wasn't you that I was addressing about the hate to begin with. So calm down ;):p

Andalusia

Final Flight
Of course you are free to express, as we all are here... and you know what? It wasn't you that I was addressing about the hate to begin with. So calm down ;):p

Um, ok, if it wasn't me, then that's fine.

::blushes:: :p

But I still see no hate directed at Joannie herself in any of the posts in this thread thus far.