9. Zuzanna Babiakova (SVK)
10. Alisa Drei (FIN)

here is the link for the detailed SP-results with marks:
http://www.isufs.org/results/ec2004/seg007.htm

and another one with the Starting order for the Free Skate:
http://www.isufs.org/results/ec2004/seg008.htm

nokas

Rinkside
1-sebestyen (fantastic- 3lutz,2too; 2axel; 3flip)
2-liashenvo(very good-3lutz,2too; 2axel; 3flip)
3-pavuk(fantastic-3lutz,3too; 3flip; 2axel)
4-pokyo(good-3lutz,2too; 2axel; 3flip)
5-kostner( 3flip,3too; 2 axel; and crash in 3 loop)
6- sokolova(3lutz,2too; 2axel; 3flip (2 foot)
7-maniasenko(3lutz,2too; 2axel; crash in 3flip)
8-lautowa(3lutz,2too; 2axel; 2flip)
9-babiakova(3lutz,2too; 2axel; 3flip)
10-drei(2lutz,2too; 2axel; 3flip)
11-kopac(3lutz,2too; 2axel; 3too)
(...)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
sounds like the US ladies are going to have to be on their game to do well at worlds if the europeans skate like this and the Japanese remain so over whelming.

dpp

jesslily

Final Flight
Yea. Julia Sebestyen has huge lutz and flip. She has been keeping a high standard skating for so many years. Hopefully she will do well at worlds and not being undermaked.

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
DORISPULASKI said:
sounds like the US ladies are going to have to be on their game to do well at worlds if the europeans skate like this and the Japanese remain so over whelming.

dpp

Doris, interesting. My thoughts reading that was the opposite. All the US ladies are competitive with 3L/2T, 2A, and 3F. I had been worried reading practice reports of all the 3/3 being landed. Seeing the results of the actual competition made me feel a bit better about the US ladies chances. Of course, all that really matters is who does what during the competition in question.

I'm feeling cocky. I predicted Sebastyen. But it ain't over till it's over. However, it is the 6.0 system and Elena Sokolova has her work cut out.

Joe

Matt

On the Ice
Intersting. We were all paying attention to Kostner, but out of nowhere comes Pavuk with a good skate (ok, not out of nowhere, she was 3rd at JGP final and she is skating at home). I've been wondering when (or if) she was going to make a splash on the senior ranks.

Two ladies from Hungary? Must be good karma in old Budapest!

diver chick

On the Ice
I have to say. as good as Sebestian's program was, it didn't really do an awful lot for me, although I fully agree that she deserves to be in the lead.

Victoria skated a beautiful program. Her face when she landed the 2a just lit up, safe in the knowledge that she had completed her most difficult elements she really let go and cam alive in the last minute. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of everything in the program, jumps, spins, step sequence, expression, everything was spot on. I really hope that she can keep it together in the long tomorrow.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
tharrtell said:
I had been worried reading practice reports of all the 3/3 being landed. Seeing the results of the actual competition made me feel a bit better about the US ladies chances.
Last year, of the top European skaters, only Kostner and Sokolova planned and landed 3/3's in the SP. (I can't remember if Arakawa landed hers in the SP at '03 Worlds.) It's in the LP that the 3/3's will show, or not. Since there were no quali rounds this year, we'll have to wait for the LP to see who's attempting/landing them in competition.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I'm thrilled for Pokyo........4th going into the long is not bad....42

dewet

Final Flight
Things are looking good for Hungary. On the contrary, Russia is not so good. They'll probably lose spots for Europeans, which is suprising since they used to dominate Euros. As for worlds, Volchkova and Slutskaya better be ready or they won't have three spots for the Worlds in Moscow.

Evdokia

On the Ice
Re: sebestyen

thisthingcalledlove said:
who is the other hungarian in the mix?

Viktoria Pavuk placed 12th at 2003 JW and 3rd at this year's JGPF, so she should be a quite talented girl.:) And she skated really good yesterday, so her placement was no present to the Hungarian audience at all (just in case anyone is speculating about that), but well deserved.;)