Na naa na na naaa!
jalapeno-hot.gif

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
:hijacked:

A few years ago, likely on Christmas, my family decided to watch "Neverending Story" mostly because my son was like 10 or 11 then, so we thought it would be appropriate for him to watch it. My sister HATED it. She thought it was absolutely awful. They broadcasted it in two parts and she refused to watch the second part. Even days and weeks later she would bring up how much she HATED it. (She's actually usually an extremely nice person who also was a bit into fantasy in her teenage years.) She couldn't get over the "terrible animation", mostly the visible strings. It apparently destroyed the whole story for her, she was so agitated about it. 😮
She's younger than me and I think this is what happens when you grow up somewhere between Shrek and Avatar-level of animation. :rofl:
it was because of the horse? i can't still forgive them for the horse...

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Aerosmith might have something to say about that suggestion. They released it on their own in 1975.

CaroLiza_fan
I didn't know that this was an Aerosmith cover - I learned something new today! Another reason why I love the Goldenskate Forum is that I often learn something that's completely unrelated to figure skating!

Weathergal

Medalist
More 80s music from the stations I listened to, a super group from the era.

(I understand there was a recent documentary about DeBarge? Haven't seen it. I know of the unhappy life of some of the members after the fame subsided, but dear heavens what beautiful music when it was being made)

All This Love

I Like It

I also love I Call Your Name by. their predecessor group, Switch, with Bobby and Tommy DeBarge, but that is 79. So close....

Nothing like family harmony!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
A look at some of the 80s RD costumes so far from Dallas Classic!
i hope those costumes are just temporary because they're kind of a let down (seniors more than juniors). 80s are about bold choices, big volumes, big hair, shoulder pads, color contrast. i've seen more 80s fashion last year than in this pictures :biggrin: also there's nothing relevant for the new edition of the WTF costume award

theblade

On the Ice
Costume design-wise, there's a lot of good fit and stoning, but less of an understanding of the '80s conceptually. (I lived through that decade as well and have costume design experience.)

The hair crimping is translating more successfully than one might think it would. And yay to Barn Doors (old RPDR reference - referring to bright makeup on the eyelid).

icewhite

Record Breaker
Costume design-wise, there's a lot of good fit and stoning, but less of an understanding of the '80s conceptually. (I lived through that decade as well and have costume design experience.)

I don't have real 80s knowledge, since I was a pretty small child then, but yeah, that's what I thought, too. I usually like the sports bra-hot pants outfit and the Larson/Kapran RD outfit looks great to me, love the colour, but none of this really shouts 80s. Those costumes mostly look like they could be easily reworn for another program. Very environmentally friendly. :D