Let's jump the gun! What improvements would you like to see next year | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Let's jump the gun! What improvements would you like to see next year

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I think you went comparatively easy on the men there :laugh:

It's actually the discipline I watch the least, so I only have a few favorites. I just hate watching so much falling! But most of my favorites are hot messes anyway, it's a struggle but that goes without saying. :cry:

I just have a lot of feelings :drama:

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
What opportunities? Where? Where from? What comps?

Calm down o. o I mean like the current system for Worlds and Olympic spots are determined by... who knew, worlds. Same with euros, only euros will determine the amount of spots they get for euros.

Bonnie F

On the Ice
1. I would like to see Max Aaron work on his lines and flexibility and then have the USFSA support him with better PCSs.
2. I would like to see Brown either get a quad or stop being over scored by USFSA at the expense of others with more difficult and artistic programs (yes I said it, if I had scored nationals he would have been in third behind Adam and Josh). USFSA needs to support those who can compete for medals internationally. Even if he is inconsistent at first he needs to start competing them so he'll be in the running for a gold in 2018. Look at the US ladies, they are now doing 3x3 and are becoming very consistent but they had go through an inconsistent stage when they were learning. Now they can compete equally with the best in the world.
3. I would like to Gracie skate to something jazzy or contemporary. I used to love her and I still want to but every year I'm drawn to her less and less.
4. I would like to see Polina use Maia Shib's costume designer, longer length with less bulk around the hips.
5. I would like to see all of the US pairs stay with the same partner so the entire program can continue to improve.
6. I would like for USFSA to improve their scoring and assignments for Mariah Bell.
7. Improved choreography and confidence for Julia, she needs programs she likes and feels good about.
8. I agree with everyone who wants more unique music, I would say if more than 5 skaters on the GPS used a piece it should be avoided entirely during the next season.
9. I would like for the ISU to not score the third repeated jump only instead of wiping out the entire jump series, or maybe they could score a third repeated jump or series at 75 percent, wiping the entire thing out seems harsh.
10. I would like for an edge call to be a mandatory -1 or 2 on the GOE only.
11. I would like skate radio to be available at worlds in Boston!

Lenny318

On the Ice
uuggg at 30 years old?? I think he should have retired last year, he would have gone out on a high note.
I would be shocked if he decides to do another season.

Goodness my bad I meant Rippon I'm sorry you are correct about Abbott my brain quit on me there.

Globetrotter

Medalist
My wish list for 2015/2016 season

1. Separate technical GOE judges from PCS judges: ~5 judges per panel?
2. No more anonymous judging
3. Mistakes like falls or stepouts that are jarring / interrupt the overall programme flow be penalised accordingly in PCS - specifically the PE component
4. Let Gracie Gold skate to more upbeat, modern pop and stop trying to make her an American Disney Princess which is clearly not her
5. Liza Tuks will become the next 3A lady - not in black or kaftan like costume
6. More skaters can brush up basic skating skills and edge work that allow them flow and speed and skate big - missing the flow, deep edges and blade work of PChiddy, Yags, Caro K, Yuna Kim and Ito
7. Karen Chen becoming eligible for senior FS competitions - I changed my mind, watching her at US Nats, she has good basics, skates big and jumps big despite her small frame, hope the puberty monster dun hit hard
8. Javi will land two clean programmes and win a major
9. No more POTO, Carmen and no J Lo songs
10. Edge calls penalty - mandatory -1 GOE for !, -2 for e, BV drop to 80% (70% is too harsh IMHO)

hb2010

Rinkside
i also want Lambiel to make program for Hanyu (look at satoko FP), he can do SP and Buttle can do FP :love:

It's Tom Dickson who choreographed Satoko's FP "Miss Saigon", Lambiel made one of her Ex programs "Let her go"

r1kubu

Rinkside
Ricky Dornbush be finally consistent
Shoma Uno given an improved PCS
Serious contenders to break Russia/Japan dominance
Tuktamysheva lands fully rotated 3A
Nam Nguyen skates with more speed and spice
Hold an international event at Spain again

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ricky Dornbush be finally consistent
Shoma Uno given an improved PCS
Serious contenders to break Russia/Japan dominance
Tuktamysheva lands fully rotated 3A
Nam Nguyen skates with more speed and spice
Hold an international event at Spain again

I agree with the one where you said about Spain! Because I watched livestreaming of the JGPF and the announcer was SO hilarious! HE should get a medal for the most entertaining announcer!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Yes to more of Lion King like Denney & Frazer. Hairspray can be loads of fun with 60s costumes. I like the idea of Rent ... but mashed up with La Boheme for the contrast. And A Chorus Line was already used very famously by Oksana Baiul in 1994. ;) Great choices!

I'm surprised no one has used Cats yet. "Memory" was made for a grand finale in figure skating. Although I recall Kavaguti / Smirnov trying it out and it was not met kindly?

It'd also be nice to see some Godspell, Dreamgirls and Into the Woods. Maybe the popularity of the new movie would stir some ideas? And why aren't more people using Mamma Mia / the ABBA catalogue, an obvious choice for skating?

Ooh a Rent/La Boheme mashup could be really cool.

Coaches and choreographers: find yourself a nice gay man who is a total Broadway addict. He will find you plenty of offbeat numbers from forgotten musicals that would make for some fine programs.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I love Rent. I've seen that musical on Broadway like 4 times. I'd definitely support a Rent/La Boheme mashup!

+1 on Godspell too! I <3 that musical.

Also, the James Bond song catalogue is more than Skyfall. Adele is awesome, but so is Duran Duran (A View to A Kill), Shirley Bassey (Diamonds are Forever; Goldfinger) etc. etc.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
It's Tom Dickson who choreographed Satoko's FP "Miss Saigon", Lambiel made one of her Ex programs "Let her go"

ohhh sorry i thought i heard one of the commentators said it was Lambiel, but i love her ex Let her go, in fact my favourite ex among ladies so fact remain (i also loved akiko's latest ex http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ffxx8_%E9%88%B4%E6%9C%A8%E6%98%8E%E5%AD%90-akiko-suzuki-soi-japan-tour-2015_sport choreographed by him), i want Lambiel to make program for yuzuru :laugh:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ooh a Rent/La Boheme mashup could be really cool.

Coaches and choreographers: find yourself a nice gay man who is a total Broadway addict. He will find you plenty of offbeat numbers from forgotten musicals that would make for some fine programs.

I support people who are homosexual or bisexual, but NOT ALL men who are addicted to Broadway are homosexual. That's a stereotype and I just don't like people using stereotypes. Sorry I had to say it.

starlight97

Final Flight
-Yulia Lipnitskaya: Back to her old, real self.

- Liza Tuk: LESS arms. MORE actual choreography. And remaining in the great form you are in now!

- Ashley Wagner: Try to correct your edge on the Lutz and work un fully rotating all jumps. I know this is a lot to ask but I want to see her win stuff and without perfect tech content she'll never have a chance against the Russian girls

-Polina Edmunds: PLEASE!! Her team needs to stop sabotaging her with these horrible music choices, costumes and packaging! She needs to stop incorporating the role of a 12 year old. I think Yulia showed that you don't have to play ten years older than you are to have the judges approval and programs with substance. But you need to have some substance to it and little fairy doesn't work.

-Gracie Gold: For the first time- Show YOUR skating, not Frank's or the American Girl's !

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I kinda already said it, but I'll say it more centrally (Don't know if that was the right word or not).

I kinda want to see the female skaters not wear necklaces, non-stud, or non-pearl-like earrings.

I don't know, it's just as a cheerleader, we're not allowed to wear those cause of safety hazards so me seeing those kinda makes me cringe in a way that I'm like, "That doesn't look safe."

Scovies

Final Flight
I kinda already said it, but I'll say it more centrally (Don't know if that was the right word or not).

I kinda want to see the female skaters not wear necklaces, non-stud, or non-pearl-like earrings.

I don't know, it's just as a cheerleader, we're not allowed to wear those cause of safety hazards so me seeing those kinda makes me cringe in a way that I'm like, "That doesn't look safe."

To be fair, singles skaters don't have to worry about getting their earrings ripped out during a basket toss. ;) (Ouch, that brings me waaaaay back.)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To be fair, singles skaters don't have to worry about getting their earrings ripped out during a basket toss. ;) (Ouch, that brings me waaaaay back.)

You were a cheerleader?! :D sweet! I know what that stunt is. I only have front spotted a basket toss. I've never based, backspotted, or flown in a basket toss.

Probably necklaces are bigger concerns.