Marshall's On NOW! | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Marshall's On NOW!

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
76olympics said:
I just saw a clip of Lysacek's number. He was really great in that! Technically, he was very fine and the charisma just jumped out at you. I think he is going places; I like him more and more. ( I sort've get the Bowman comparison though Evan is on an entirely different level. Bowman definitely had a charismatic quality that he never lived up to; I think Evan has the charisma AND the discipline.)

I picked Evan up as a veeeery interesting skater the moment I saw his skating from Junior Worlds (or was it Junior GPF?) years ago, and waited eagerly for him to become a senior skater and participate in international events. Anyway, he got silver medals in those junior competitions. I liked his skating style immediately and came later to the conclusion that to me besides his own skating personality he also seems to be in some measure a mix of Ilia Kulik and Robin Cousins.

Last edited:

Vash01

Medalist
Jaana said:
I picked Evan up as a veeeery interesting skater the moment I saw his skating from Junior Worlds (or was it Junior GPF?). Anyway, he got a silver medal in those. I liked his skating style immediately and later came to the conclusion that besides his own personality he also is some kind of a mix of Ilia Kulik and Robin Cousins.

They both are tall like Evan.

Evan did remind me a bit of Robin Cousins in that number.

Vash

harmonie

Rinkside
Evan is great!

I have seen a clip of Evan's performance too, and I agree with all the good things that have been said about him. He is absolutely amazing :rock:
What a performance! I SO wish I could see him live!

Thank god they made Marshall's a non-competitive cheezefest and an exhibition instead. Nothing worse after a long competitive season, especially an Olympic one, than to have skaters try to get it back up for an ISU required competition.

I don't care what Kimmie does, she's got the body and musculature of a modern day figure skater and having seen her live, I'm happy to see her skate anytime. I agree with Dick Button that Sasha has the "it" factor. I just don't know if her body has the "it" factor in terms of serious injuries. And thank god Celine Dion isn't Kate Smith--bleh!

Though I still wish Kimmie would skate to Judy Garland's "Over the Rainbow." :love:

Rgirl

R.D.

Record Breaker
Rgirl said:
Thank god they made Marshall's a non-competitive cheezefest and an exhibition instead. Nothing worse after a long competitive season, especially an Olympic one, than to have skaters try to get it back up for an ISU required competition.

Anyone think they'll change it back to a competition in 07? Maybe that's exactly why they made it an exhibition instead.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Jaana said:
I picked Evan up as a veeeery interesting skater the moment I saw his skating from Junior Worlds (or was it Junior GPF?) years ago, and waited eagerly for him to become a senior skater and participate in international events. Anyway, he got silver medals in those junior competitions. I liked his skating style immediately and came later to the conclusion that to me besides his own skating personality he also seems to be in some measure a mix of Ilia Kulik and Robin Cousins.

I read your comment before I watched the tape last night, Jaana, and the Kulik/Cousins comparison made me a little nervous, wondering if the skate was going to live up to such glowing praise.
It DID. WOW! :bow: What a performance! I'm still blown away. And COI isn't coming here until AUGUST! Such a long wait! (insert pouting smiley here)
Rave

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Rgirl said:
Though I still wish Kimmie would skate to Judy Garland's "Over the Rainbow." :love:

Rgirl

ITA! Actually, I would like it required that anyone who skates to "Over the Rainbow" has to use the Judy Garland version.

nubka

Final Flight
Lucy25 said:
The dress they showed on tv was blue :).

According to a more recent thread, they are both purple...glad to know that I'm not going color blind just yet! For any of you Kwan fans out there (and I know there are many,) what color do you think she has worn most consistantly throughout her career?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
nubka said:
According to a more recent thread, they are both purple...glad to know that I'm not going color blind just yet! For any of you Kwan fans out there (and I know there are many,) what color do you think she has worn most consistantly throughout her career?
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
From going through the pics on Heather's site plus the one's I remember that weren't there.............
orange-1
acidyellow/lime-1
coral-1
silver-1
dusty rose-1
burgandy-2
beige-2
peachy beige-2
medium bright blue-2
light blue-2
lavender-3
navy-3
purple-5
gold-5
black-7
red-8
Navy and purple may be wrong but as best I could tell by the pics. Burgandy might also be purple in person. Also, I did not include COI costumes unless something that she wore for other performances (FOG and such).