Men - Free Program - Comments | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men - Free Program - Comments

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Funny thing is... at this point US is guaranteed a medal, as Johnny can only be pushed out of medal range by Evan!

nicole_l

Final Flight
aviva_dawn , totally.
Ptichka, this is what makes this competition completely awesome right now. I would die if Evan medalled his first time out.

I can't wait to see what happens next!
:love:

diver chick

On the Ice
I can't believe it!!!!

Brian having a disaster!! No quad and only four triples. from someone who is normally so secure on his jumps that was a shock!!

But what about Stephane, thought when he popped the first triple axel that there might be a bit of a melt down but no way!!! He wasn't going to give up that gold medal without a fight!!!!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
YES!!!! Evan medals his first trip to world!!!!! :rock: Good effort for the injured Johnny.

Also, depending on the exact marks we will know if Russia will have 1 or 2 spots next year (I am too lazy to calculate it on my own). Can you believe this? The country that produced 3 last Olympic champs can end up with one spot! :eek:

Hikaru

Final Flight
EVAN TAKES THE BRONZE!!!!

Like Terry Gannon said once, "If someone predicted this standings, I'm taking them to Vegas tomorrow!".

Congratulations to all the skaters for giving their best!

Frau Muller

Final Flight
One thing that we can say about Lambiel with great certainty: He led this competition from the very start & never let go. CLEAR WINNER. Wow - who would have thought, one month ago? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

guinevere

Final Flight
Holy $%@#!

What a crazy Worlds.

CONGRATULATIONS to all the first-time medallists. I am sad for all skaters who are injured and/or performed below their capability, but congratulations to Lambiel, Buttle, and Lysacek for stepping up to the plate.

I need a fainting emoticon.........

ps Go Johnny for improving your Worlds standing from last year! Wanted you on the podium, but you did good!!

Hikaru

Final Flight
Ptichka said:
YES!!!! Evan medals his first trip to world!!!!! :rock: Good effort for the injured Johnny.

Absolutely!! Johnny did a fantastic effort, having an injury, I'm proud of him for giving his all! :agree:

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Evan second in the Free Skate? Bronze medal? I'm incredulous. The guys on Eurosport think Johnny was screwed -- that he should have placed over Buttle. BUT Lambiel won and I am thrilled for him. Can't wait to see this on the tube tonight.

rain

Record Breaker
Wow, sounds like another error-filled competition (much like pairs) with Lambiel left as the only man standing.

Thrilled he won. Thrilled for Jeff winning the silver, but not so thrilled with the way he won - two falls? I'm sure that's not how he hoped to stand on the podium. And Lysecheck - well done. In a million years I would never have predicted the mens final to wind up Lambiel/Buttle/ Lysecheck.

Also good for Sandhu and Weir pulling up.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Johnny did fine, too but....jeepers creepers, imagine what a fingernail-biter will be next year's U.S. Nationals mens competition!!!

I hope that Timmy doesn't give up. He was world silver medalist just two years ago. So sorry for his current troubles.

Kasey

Medalist
Tatiana needs to bring back the sports psychologist for Griazev. Too much pressure. :( I'm pretty sure that they managed to save 2 spots for Russia though...

nicole_l

Final Flight
Oh my god!
This was complete awesome.
So proud of Stephane for never giving up, Jeff for being so awesome, Evan for medaling!, Johnny for pulling through and improving on last year, Emanuel for not having a crappy skate, and Kevin for skating well.
I'm sad for Plush, Honda, Timmy, and Stefan, though.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Are my eyes deceiving me???

yelyoh said:
Evan second in the Free Skate?
A few miutes ago, Evan was second in the free skate. But I hit refresh to get the final result, and it showed that Evan came in 4th!!!! Jeff was second and Eman was third!!!!! The overall standings did not change. Here are the links to the Free Skate results
http://www.isufs.org/results/wc2005/SEG004.HTM
and the Final Results
http://www.isufs.org/results/wc2005/CAT001RS.HTM

What happened??? Is this another 'minor' scoring error???? :scratch:

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Kasey said:
Tatiana needs to bring back the sports psychologist for Griazev. Too much pressure. :( I'm pretty sure that they managed to save 2 spots for Russia though...
They just squeezed it in. 11+17=28, which is the minimum for 2 spots. Had Lindemann had a less disastrous SP, it would have been 1 spot.

Linny

Final Flight
Results

One of the links is to the standings for just the Free Skate and the other is for the standings overall.
Linny

BittyBug

On the Ice
hrmsk8ngnutt said:
A few miutes ago, Evan was second in the free skate. But I hit refresh to get the final result, and it showed that Evan came in 4th!!!! Jeff was second and Eman was third!!!!! The overall standings did not change. Here are the links to the Free Skate results
http://www.isufs.org/results/wc2005/SEG004.HTM
and the Final Results
http://www.isufs.org/results/wc2005/CAT001RS.HTM

What happened??? Is this another 'minor' scoring error???? :scratch:

Herm (sk8ngnutt)
Very interesting - and yes, it would appear so because Evan's original score was something like 137. Hmmmm....