Men's 300+ Total Points Club | Golden Skate

Men's 300+ Total Points Club

Franklin99

Medalist
Javier just competed in the European National Championship this week. He went on to score 102.54 in SP, and 200.23 in his LP. For a total score of 302.77, making him only the second man (after Yuzuru) to score 100+ in his Sp, 200+ in his LP, and 300+ total in an ISU sanctioned event.

With 2 men now in the rare 100-200-300 points club, who do guys see as the next member to Join?

Here are some of the names of guys with the potential to join:

Patrick Chan(as much as he complains about too much quad, he needs them to catch up to the top 2)
Shoma Uno
Boyang Jin (after scoring 95+ SP in only his second senior event, he's the most likely to score a 100 SP)
Denis Ten
Nathan Chen
Maxim Kovtun
Han Yan
Daisuke Murukami
Max Aaron
(There are more that I can't remember off the top of my head)

Who do you guys think will be most likely to break the 100, 200, or all have all 3 records and join Yuzuru and Javi?

Last edited:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Of course Chan. His potential without borders. And may be in the 1-2 next seasons Uno, Jin and Chen.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Javier just competed in the European National Championship this week. He went on to score 102.54 in SP, and 200.23 in his LP. For a total score of 302.77, making him only the second man (after Yuzuru) to score 100+ in his Sp, 200+ in his LP, and 300+ total in an ISU sanctioned event.

With 2 men now in the rare 100-200-300 points club, who do guys see as the next member to Join?

Here are some of the names of guys with the potential to join:

Patrick Chan(as much as he complains about too much quad, he needs them to catch up to the top 2)
Shoma Uno
Boyang Jin (after scoring 95+ SP in only his second senior event, he's the most likely to score a 100 SP)
Denis Ten
Nathan Chen
Kovtan? (somebody help me with the name)
Han Yan
Daisuke Murukami
Max Aaron

Who do you guys think will be most likely to break the 100, 200, or all have all 3 records and join Yuzuru and Javi?
Maxim Kovtun

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Shoma Uno
Denis Ten
Nathan Chen
Kovtan? (somebody help me with the name)
Han Yan
Daisuke Murukami
Max Aaron

Only Patrick Chan, I'm afraid. The others don't get the kind of PCS to propel them to the 100 or 200 group.
Even Tatsuki resurrected wouldn't get 100 in the SP.

To get 100 in the SP, you'll need at least 1 quad with +2 or +3 and a late 3A with +2 or +3 and 45 in PCS. How many men can get 9 across the board? 3, maybe 4.
To get 200 in the LP, your PCS again need to be 90+. How many time have we seen skater with 100+ TES? Very rare.

BlackAxel

Final Flight
1) Patrick Chan for sure! I think a clean 2-quad FS will be more than enough to score over 200. As for his SP, a clean performance will probably be enough to break the 100 mark.
2) Denis Ten - it is quite possible, but then again he isnt the most consistent ...
3) Shoma Uno - definitely not this season though.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Patrick because he has already come quite close to those benchmarks in international competitions and now is adding technical difficulty to his programs. Same with Denis.

whatif

Medalist
By ISU sanctioned we mean NO nationals? Cause Chan is the first one to have accomplished that goal at Canadians.

I have to question your sincerity of not intentionally botching Maxim Kovtun's name. It's just one bloody letter. If you can spell Boyang and Daisuke surely you can remember how to spell Kovtun.

Not funny, no matter how you feel about him.

Last edited:

tzazu

Medalist
Chan, if not this year, next one. But only he can reach those points by now:)

Last edited:

Franklin99

Medalist
By ISU sanctioned we mean NO nationals? Cause Chan is the first one to have accomplished that goal at Canadians.

I have to question your sincerity of not intentionally botching Maxim Kovtun's name. It's just one bloody letter. If you can spell Boyang and Daisuke surely you can remember how to spell Kovtun.

Not funny, no matter how you feel about him.

Yes, I'm not counting Nationals. Only events where the scores are recognized.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Maybe it's just my opinion, but I think it will get easier for skaters to break these scores now. A performance like Yuzu's 2013 GPF Parisienne walkways would easily get >100 these days, not "sooooo close".
A clean Patrick can do it. The same for a clean Denis. (*fingers crossed* for 4CC).

Probably Boyang will break all these scores next seasons (and I'm not very happy to say this:slink:).

Franklin99

Medalist
Maybe it's just my opinion, but I think it will get easier for skaters to break these scores now. A performance like Yuzu's 2013 GPF Parisienne walkways would easily get >100 these days, not "sooooo close".
A clean Patrick can do it. The same for a clean Denis. (*fingers crossed* for 4CC).

Probably Boyang will break all these scores next seasons (and I'm not very happy to say this:slink:).

I see Boyang in the 100 SP club with his marvelous 4Lz-3T, 4T, & 3A. But no way is he getting in the 200 LP club with that terrible LP. But I do have faith that he will improve by next season.

blackey

On the Ice
I would say that in my opinion the next 300 would most likely be Uno, then Jin. I don't know if Chan even have a chance for 300, because in my opinion, you have to do 2 types of quad in both short and long in order to get 300. (Or with one quad in sp if you can do two jumps in second half and skate absolute perfect) Don't know if Chan is really training for 4s now, and even he does, would it be too late to start? We all see (from hanyu and javier) that how hard to get two quad consistent.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Probably Patrick Chan is next, judges do love him and I'm sure they'd love to give him some big scores if he gives a clean skate, Shoma Uno and Denis Ten also have good chances if they skate well

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I don't know if Chan even have a chance for 300, because in my opinion, you have to do 2 types of quad in both short and long in order to get 300.

Math doesn't agree with your opinion though ;)

Yuzu first broke the 100 point barrier with 'only' one quad. He did have more back-loaded elements than Patrick, but that's not such a huge difference. And for the LP, 2 4T and 2 3A will definitely be enough.
So Chan has the potential, and if clean would definitely get 100+/200+/300+. I'm not sure how 'fair' it is to expect him to deliver the newly upgraded LP layout clean already, given that he's doing the hardest content he ever did now. But if he does he has it, and even if not, there's a next season. He'd be my most likely pick at this point.

With Denis I'm a bit unsure. The problem is that his early season troubles always cost him so much momentum. Maybe the judges won't score him high enough at 4CC, and who knows about worlds. I'd say he's more likely to get 200+ in the LP than 100+ in the SP, if he's including the 4S now. But OTOH, he's obviously less likely to skate a clean LP then... :slink:

And I'd echo that Boyang has a good chance of breaking 100+ in the SP, he already has a huge BV of 50 points. He needs to get his GOE and PCS combined to a 50 - that's not all that high. For the LP though he definitely needs more stamina.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Depends. It's funny how even with 302, Javier is still 30 points behind Yuzuru's best. I also think if Yuzuru is in a competition and just "does his job and is clean, there may be a "correction" with the scores of other skaters. His scores have "opened the floodgates" though for huge scores.

200 in the long you absolutely need three quads and two 3A. Well, you might be able to do it with two quads and two 3A, but you'd certainly need either one of the quads and both 3A in the second half.

Frankly, Javier's FS at Europeans should not have been near 200 points but with him obviously being several tiers ahead of anyone there, he got a boost (in the SP too). More realistic score is around 190...

Patrick = possible, unlikely right now
Denis = maybe
Shoma = I don't think so
Nathan = potentially in the future

Han Yan = no, people overestimate him in every aspect
Murakami = no
Boyang = no
Kovtun = no
Max = no

Last edited: