Men's Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Skate

Vash01

Medalist
I was surprised that Joubert won, with that performance. Granted, Jahnke had 2 falls, but the rest of his program was very good. Joubert struggled on nearly every jump. His footwork was terrible, and I wish he would stop trying to become Yagudin. None of the men really deserved to win. I loved Lysacek's program but he made way too many mistakes (he was skating with an injury).

Linny

Final Flight
Mike's music cuts

Here's an idea... pick a rock and roll group, use their most famous song in the MIDDLE of your program... be sure to use the extended grand finale of that song... but don't make that the finale of your program. Instead, tack a lesser known drum solo at the end.

Hello? Anyone else find this inane?

Perhaps the music editor was influenced by the first Queen medley that Tim used where it was hardly recognizable that Queen was being used. Pertty hard to render Queen music unrecognizable what having We Are the Champions or Bohemian Rapsody at your disposal, but it was managed.

Or, perhaps the music editor was taking their lead from Plushy's choice of Micheal Jackson tunes. MJ has had several billion hits, but - what the hey - choose the tunes that only a few dozen MJ followers ever heard of. Just ignore all the stuff for which MJ is famous.

Lordy. Why can't these people get a clue?

Linny

Ximena

Final Flight
STL_Blues_fan said:
And while I agree that SA is a "warm-up act" - Yagudin nor Plushenko ever had such a bad skate so early in a season (well, maybe the last Goodwill games for Yagudin).

Yana

Yes well one thing that one needs to remember is that skaters like Plush or Yags are not just everywhere.

Brian is in a lot of pressure because he is the Euro champ and the silver world medallist and everyone expected way better of him and left disspointed, but remember last season, Brian did very bad at the GP series and did a very good job in the last 4 events he did, French Nats, Euros, Worlds and the Marshall Challenge. He has had a bad start with French Masters, Campbells and Skate America but if you have seen the three events, you will see that one has been less worse than the previous one. All this is of course talking about Brian skating skills and since I'm talking about that, he really needs a camel spin.

As for the programs goes, he needs to redo the footwork, or redo de techno part and keep it like the original piece so the footwork does not have to be "I want to be like Yagudin" footwork, it does not work with Brian because he lacks speed.
I don't like his SP or FP but his SP suits him a little more better than the FP.

As for the rest, Lysasek, Jahnke and Weiss, they sure have show us better performance but considering that for them this is their first competition, it was not bad at all.

Serov was definelty a nice suprise :agree: