Mona Lisa Smile | Golden Skate

Mona Lisa Smile

Antilles

Medalist
This was a pretty good film. It was very reminiscent of Dead Poets Soceity, but it did have it's own twists, and was very well acted. Not one of my top movies of the year, but I'd recommend it.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks Antilles.........we always see a movie on New Year's Eve, and "Mona Lisa's Smile" was the one we all want to see......42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I hate titles like this one! It's almost as as bad as using a gerund - like "Finding Nemo" or "Finding Forrester" or "Saving Private Ryan", etc. The list goes on and on.

Mona Lisa Smile sounds a bit "contrived" to me. I think I will wait until it comes out on video. I am not a huge Julia Roberts fan anyway.

heyang

Record Breaker
A couple of friends saw this. They said that Julia was Julia, but Julia Stiles, Kristin Dunst and the other 'students' were great. I'd still like to see it, but it's not at the top of my list. Therefore, I'll probably end up seeing on Pay-per-view.

BTW, I just watched The Two Towers on DVD. Visually amazing - I can't imagine what the experience must've been like on a big screen. Definitely better than the 1st LOR....gotta see REturn of the King in the theater now.

Anyone see Cold Mountain, yet?