NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
The dictionary definition of gorgeous is :

Dictionary :

Gorgeous
(gôr'jəs)
adj.

1. Dazzlingly beautiful or magnificent.

I have seen a documentary aboutTatiana Navka which often showed her off the ice without any makeup at all, and she is absolutely very pretty, gorgeous , dazzlingly beautiful.

Tatiana does not need to do anything to “manage to be gorgeous “.

You are of course entitled to your opinion. And I am of course entitled to mine. No need to try and change the opinion of Navka fans. Because you won’t.

I'm not trying to change people's opinions. I'm just expressing mine and explaining why.
My opinion is paradoxical granted, but the way you put it sounds as if I'm blasting Tatiana, which I'm not.

Kasey

Medalist
Who is voting for Tanith and Tessa over Tatiana. Tatiana is prettier than both of those women combined

Why did you even create a poll then, and put them as options? Different people have different opinions. You have stated yours very clearly throughout this thread. It's valid to you. Other people may not see it the same way, and if they aren't rude about it, why cause a fuss?

It's true that people consider beautiful in different ways.
I think as far as looks go, there is attractive, beautiful, cute and hot. And all 4 would be different categories. That is, someone who is hot, may not be beautiful.
I would call Tanith Belbin "cute". Shae-Lynn is more "hot".
For beautiful, I voted for Marie-France.

libby

Match Penalty
Wow. On all the polls about best-looking men, I see lots of comments about how great-looking and how hot this or that guy is, but I never see any of the male skaters called ugly or old-looking or wrinkly or anything mean-spirited like that.

But get a poll going about the ladies, and right away the claws come out. And I'm going to guess that, this being a figure skating board, it's women who are doing the flaming. Pretty sad.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
It's true that people consider beautiful in different ways.
I think as far as looks go, there is attractive, beautiful, cute and hot. And all 4 would be different categories. That is, someone who is hot, may not be beautiful.
I would call Tanith Belbin "cute". Shae-Lynn is more "hot".
For beautiful, I voted for Marie-France.

That's exactly what I was trying to express when I was talking about Tatiana, the fact that she's gorgeouse but not all that beautiful.

DragonPhoenix

On the Ice
the fact that she's gorgeouse but not all that beautiful.

It's not a fact or anything. It's your opinion.

But since you keep acknowledging that Tatiana is gorgeous,
and the meaning of gorgeous is dazzlingly beautiful ( or in other words, stunningly beautiful ),
I appreciate this compliment of Navka.

There is an old saying, maybe you have heard it before :

" Beauty is in the eye of the beholder "

John King

Final Flight
I voted for Marie-France. Kinda reminds me of CSI:NY star Melina Kanakaredes in that she combines beauty with classic grace and dignity.

werelump

Rinkside
Subjectively, Meryl Davis' look appeals to me the most. She's an interesting type of beauty that I find unique and elegant. :yes: Which is kind of funny since Charlie White does absolutely nothing for me.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
This poll isn't accurate. You have left out other more beautiful dancers such as Marina Anissina, Shae-Lynn Bourne, Angelika Krylova et... I wouldn't consider half these girls on this poll even remotely close to beautiful than these three.

The three you mention all retired quite a long time ago.. I think this poll only includes the more current dancers.

~tapdancer

On the Ice
I would vote for Meryl Davis as far as current skaters go. Her beauty is exotic and it's hard to take your eyes off of her. She doesn't seem "barbie doll" at all. She's such a perfect counterpoint to Charlie (who I also happen to think is gorgeous!).

poppy

Rinkside
oops I voted for Isabelle by mistake. I wanted to vote for Oksana Domnina - not that I like her skating that much, but I think she has an unique beauty. I also like Marie-France. But where is Rita Drobiazko? She is gorgeous!
About Tatiana Navka... She is pritty, but I hate her nose - it's... I don't want to say huge, but... too large for her face.

dancingqueen

On the Ice

Thank you ! Those are all gorgeous !
I especially love the first , third, and fifth photos, and her sharp well balanced nose is beautiful,too. :bow:

Last edited:

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
You know, I never thought Navka was very attractive, but it must have been all the make-up she wore for competition. In the pictures where she is wearing lighter, more natural looking make-up, she is quite pretty.