Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event

samba

On the Ice
Congrats to P/I, they did so well. They looked light on their feet and effortless. The other two teams behind them are not as light and smooth...Hope they make it to Olympics!

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A great performance from Tatiana and Max, they were head & shoulders above everyone else, did it deserve 81? I don't think so, what will it score as the season goes on? The split twist, the SBS jumps, the throws were outstanding, wasn't as sure on her positions in the lift and thought the PCOS was a a little slow.

The Germans seem to have some depth at the moment, I really like the Wendes and the couple just out of juniors. For the olympic qualifiers, I really like the Brits, even if their TES was not the best. A nice debut from the Japanese. I was a little disappointed with the couple from Belarus, everything seemed a little of and they were punished for it. It should be pretty competitive for the Olympic spots in the free.

Was very impressed with Miki Ando, what a great return, sets her nicely for the rest of the season. I thought Radionova was delightful, I really like her style, she seems to have grown a bit over the summer. Deservedly in a clear lead.

bramweld

Record Breaker
MX were okay today not their best, but a lot is at stake for them, so maybe the pressure was just too much. But boy does Zhulin need to take a chill pill. If looks could kill. Compare his reaction to HIS pupil's mistakes to Angelica with her pairs...:scratch::eek:

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Elena RADIONOVA (RUS) - 64.69 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Miki ANDO (JPN) - 59.79 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Ashley CAIN (USA) - 57.87 Short Program
4. Veronik MALLET (CAN) - 55.79
5. Nathalie WEINZIERL (GER) - 54.60 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Elene GEDEVANISHVILI (GEO) - 51.59 Short Program
7. Elizaveta UKOLOVA (CZE) - 50.93
8. Isadora WILLIAMS (BRA) - 50.35 Short Program
9. Kerstin FRANK (AUT) - 48.81 Short Program
10. Brooklee HAN (AUS) - 48.74 Short Program, 2nd Copy

PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 81.65 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Maylin WENDE & Daniel WENDE (GER) - 61.00 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Natasha PURICH & Mervin TRAN (CAN) - 56.71 Short Program, 2nd Copy
4. Mari VARTMANN & Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 56.70 Short Program, 2nd Copy
5. Annabelle PRÖLSS & Ruben BLOMMAERT (GER) - 55.24 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Lindsay DAVIS & Rockne BRUBAKER (USA) - 54.04 Short Program
7. Stacey KEMP & David KING (GBR) - 51.33 Short Program, 2nd Copy
8. Narumi TAKAHASHI & Ryuichi KIHARA (JPN) - 49.42 Short Program, 2nd Copy

SHORT DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Alexandra PAUL & Mitchell ISLAM (CAN) - 59.06 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
2. Madison HUBBELL & Zachary DONOHUE (USA) - 56.53 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
3. Ksenia MONKO & Kirill KHALIAVIN (RUS) - 55.90 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
4. Alisa AGAFONOVA & Alper UCAR (TUR)51.51 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
5. Xintong HUANG & Xun ZHENG (CHN) - 51.16 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
6. Danielle OBRIEN & Gregory MERRIMAN (AUS) - 50.52 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
7. Shari KOCH & Christian NÜCHTERN (GER) - 49.17 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
8. Cathy REED & Chris REED (JPN) - 48.41 Short Dance, 2nd Copy

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Elena RADIONOVA (RUS) - 64.69 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Miki ANDO (JPN) - 59.79 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Ashley CAIN (USA) - 57.87 Short Program
4. Veronik MALLET (CAN) - 55.79
5. Nathalie WEINZIERL (GER) - 54.60 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Elene GEDEVANISHVILI (GEO) - 51.59 Short Program
7. Elizaveta UKOLOVA (CZE) - 50.93
8. Isadora WILLIAMS (BRA) - 50.35 Short Program
9. Kerstin FRANK (AUT) - 48.81 Short Program
10. Brooklee HAN (AUS) - 48.74 Short Program, 2nd Copy

Complete Event

PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 81.65 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Maylin WENDE & Daniel WENDE (GER) - 61.00 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Natasha PURICH & Mervin TRAN (CAN) - 56.71 Short Program, 2nd Copy
4. Mari VARTMANN & Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 56.70 Short Program, 2nd Copy
5. Annabelle PRÖLSS & Ruben BLOMMAERT (GER) - 55.24 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Lindsay DAVIS & Rockne BRUBAKER (USA) - 54.04 Short Program
7. Stacey KEMP & David KING (GBR) - 51.33 Short Program, 2nd Copy
8. Narumi TAKAHASHI & Ryuichi KIHARA (JPN) - 49.42 Short Program, 2nd Copy

Complete Event

SHORT DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Alexandra PAUL & Mitchell ISLAM (CAN) - 59.06 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
2. Madison HUBBELL & Zachary DONOHUE (USA) - 56.53 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
3. Ksenia MONKO & Kirill KHALIAVIN (RUS) - 55.90 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
4. Alisa AGAFONOVA & Alper UCAR (TUR)51.51 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
5. Xintong HUANG & Xun ZHENG (CHN) - 51.16 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
6. Danielle OBRIEN & Gregory MERRIMAN (AUS) - 50.52 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
7. Shari KOCH & Christian NÜCHTERN (GER) - 49.17 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
8. Cathy REED & Chris REED (JPN) - 48.41 Short Dance, 2nd Copy

Complete Event

GF2445

Record Breaker
Well Done Alexandra and Mitchell. They were struggling so much over the last couple of seasons! Their move to DSC has bore fruit!

Piper and Paul better watch out!

KKonas

Medalist
Elena RADIONOVA tilting at windmills. Her arms were all over the place. I thought she might actually take flight. And this is the world jr. champ?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks for the videos! I think I fall in love with O'Brien/Merriman a little more every time I watch them! Oh, I so hope all the Aussies make it to Sochi!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
What does Madison say to Zach right before their music starts... "I love you."?
Good for her! And good for Miki!!!!! You go girl!

Alex D

Record Breaker
I had a good luck at the third practice group on the main-rink (pairs), very beautiful programs! In there were Natalja & Alexandr, Elizaveta & Roman, Miriam & Severin and Magdalena & Radoslav. The Japanese press was here before me though ;)

Now on group 4, just saw Annabelle and Ruben they had a very good run, so fast turns on the lift.! Not sure if I can keep going with the updates during the mens SP and the other competitions :( I was asked to get one of those yellow ID´s, else no sitting on rink side so I will try to get one. Guess its all a bit more serious due the qualification process for the Olympics, I usually never needed one in the past years.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Love Oda. His knee bend makes all of his jumps look so effortless and AMAZING. +3 GOE across the board for Oda.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Final group at the practice has just started.

Wende family looking really great, our Canadian friends are a bit shaky still, but hey its still at night in Canada I am sure they will improve later. They didnt reveal too much though.

Maxim & Tatiana,
made the opening pose and then went cruising, Tatiana fell on their solo jumps but she is ok. Nice position of the music for the death spiral, but again they lost grip and Tatiana went lose. They decided to take a small break now to get their act´s together, fitting with the very sad part in their music. Tatiana said "c mon" and they went on and made a lift which looked a bit shaky but nothing dramatic either. Second lift great flow with the musc and then that what I find spectacular lift from the one handed "backside". I love this one!

They did their combo solo jumps later, looked fine 3-2 also the throw (triple) Tatiana did land and the DS also went better this time.

Van Cleave / Hartman,
seem to go through their full routine I like the syncronity, but she fell as well on their solo jumps. Throw looked ok, in general they so far seemed to be the most stavle pair.

Wende Family,
love the opening position she laying on his back while he "sits" down. Now they cruising. Love the irish elements in their LP, solo jumps went fine, small asyncronity in the piorettes. Slower music part now, but they just cruise around - I really like the music. And we are back in Irlenad now, that sure is going to look really amazing in the LP, nice closingv position as well.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Men´s SP starting in a few minutes now.

First group features:

Matthew Parr GBR 47.21

Off we go.

He starts of with some nice elements right infront of me, I think thats a Tango, he wears full black - sad Tango? First jump went clean, second didnt, the combo looked fine he landed both but then couldnt hold the second and touched the ice. There are hardly any people here at the moment which is a bit of a shame, but nothing unusual in figure skating as we know.

Not sure if Christina Aguilera will change that, she is just very dirty on the speakers :D

Josip Gluhak CRO 36.91

First jump over rotated, quite heacy music choice, 3-3 combo struggling but he could save it not sure if the second counts as triple though, last one also opened up - not looking that well for Josip, music run out too. Going to be hard to qualify for the LP.

Marton Marko HUN 42.49

He dressed in a smoking opens up with some slower piourettes, followed by the step sequence, very slow almos in slow motion but I think it fits the music very well. Now the music speeds up first jump not so well, combination 3-2 clean so was the last, quite late in the program around 2.30. He had to improvise a bit at the end as he was finished before the music was (2-3 seconds)

Ali Demirboga TUR

Opens up with a nice combo small wobble at the second but ok, haha he has some sexy music now, something you could strip to *laughs*, pity he fell on the last jump, but he seemed to be quite happy with his performance.

Bela Papp FIN

Very dark first strings of music, some issues at the combo but he fought for those 2 jumps well. Next jump went a lot better, clean. I like his costume, red on his right side, with some white, final jump fine as well. nice spins at the upper right corner of the ice rink, nice step sequence. Nice Program in my opinion.

wishonastar

On the Ice
Thanks for the videos! I think I fall in love with O'Brien/Merriman a little more every time I watch them! Oh, I so hope all the Aussies make it to Sochi!

Hoping Danielle and Greg qualify also. They look so happy when they are skating, always a joy to watch.