New Skates?? Who is the best at fitting them...my child has a hard foot to fit... | Golden Skate

New Skates?? Who is the best at fitting them...my child has a hard foot to fit...

iceskate*princess

Spectator
New Skates?? Who is the best at fitting them...my child has a hard foot to fit...

We need new skates but my child has a wide foot. Had Edea & she liked them but I didn't. Now debating Riedell again but who is good at fitting them. Our rink had a change in staff & I don't trust who does them now. Suggestions....I don't mind driving or going to who is going to fit us right. Please list your recommendations...

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
Jackson's are good for wide feet. In terms of a fitting place, if you give your general location then someone can probably give you a place to get them fitted. If not ask you child's coach or other skaters where to go.

iceskate*princess

Spectator
Southern US would be great...OH, KY, TN, NC, AL, GA or anywhere around there....We had Riedell before & did great with them.

inga

Spectator
I have very wide feet and a very high arch and skate in SP Teri boots. The toe box has a great width and after only an hour or two in them, they feel great.

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Depends on how wide her foot is. If her feet are really really wide, only custom skate will ensure a good fit that doesn't cause a lot of pain.

icedust

Rinkside
If you don't have confidence in the new people at your rink shop then seek out professionals in the area. Your coach and other skaters/skater parents should be able to advise you on this. There are generally a few pros per area and yes sometimes you need to go farther a field but it will be worth it.

I have a regularly wide foot, wider than average but not weirdly so. I wear Graf Dance and wore Graf Galaxy Light when I was a free skater. They have always working for me.

If your daughter was happy in Edea why not stay with them? I can understand if you don't like the aesthetic of them as I don't either but comfort is more important and will help her go further in her skating.

Good luck finding someone.

momof3chicks

Rinkside
My 10 year old daughter has very very wide and hard to fit feet (high instep as well). We just made a trip to Klingbeil, will let you know how it goes.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
My 10 year old daughter has very very wide and hard to fit feet (high instep as well). We just made a trip to Klingbeil, will let you know how it goes.

Klingbeil is very good for hard to fit feet. I have wide feet, but my toes are fairly even, so the drawings and measurements we sent to Klingbeil (I can't afford to go to NYC) came back with the perfect pair of skates for me.