NHK on youtube | Page 3 | Golden Skate

NHK on youtube

I just looked at Carriere's SP, and it does look like Seinfeld was skating rather well. He has it all but he needs some ooph in his style. Not so "nothing".

Joe

netnuts

Match Penalty
Five triple shaky program from Kostner wins gold. As for the level 4 ftwk I don't think so. Meier wuz robbed. JMO

Thanks for all of the reports and links.

She only nailed 2 clean triples. Sarah Meier was no better, she landed 3 clean triples.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
She only nailed 2 clean triples. Sarah Meier was no better, she landed 3 clean triples.

Meier won the free skate. If she had been scored correctly in the SP she would have won this competition. JMO

Kostner is going to the GPF in Torino and Meier is an alternative. This is not the first time I have been disappointed with the placements and I am sure it won't be the last.

dutchherder

Final Flight
I hope Aliona Savchenko gets some work done on her SP costume before the Grand Prix final. She had a "wardrobe malfunction" at the end of the short program. I didn't notice it at first, but my hubby sure did. It was the most interested I've ever seen him in skating. ;)

Vicky458

On the Ice
Five triple shaky program from Kostner wins gold. As for the level 4 ftwk I don't think so. Meier wuz robbed. JMO

Thanks for all of the reports and links.

Anyone notice Kostner's footwork section in this program looks alot like Kwan's program to Song of the black Swan. I would love if someone could post a side by side video.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Meier won the free skate. If she had been scored correctly in the SP she would have won this competition. JMO

Kostner is going to the GPF in Torino and Meier is an alternative. This is not the first time I have been disappointed with the placements and I am sure it won't be the last.

Perhaps so, but Kostner had a triple/tripe in the short, and I don't think Meier was necessarily that much better than Kostner in the long.. What killed Meier was her lip. She lost 1.60 points on it in the short, and more on the long. Kostner did lose 2 points on her triple lutz, in the short program.
Meier also put two hands down on her triple flip, which killed her as well..

Kostner had more triples than Meier, because of this. And while Meier is certainly the prettier skater. Kostner has fantastic edges, speed, etc...

I don't think either Meier or Kostner had great skates, and my book neither of their skates were deserving of a GP win.

Last edited:

georgia

On the Ice
I just looked at Carriere's SP, and it does look like Seinfeld was skating rather well. He has it all but he needs some ooph in his style. Not so "nothing".

Joe
I am slowly getting back to skating. So please help me out.
Who is coaching Carriereand who is his choreographer?
Thanks

rain

Record Breaker
Perhaps so, but Kostner had a triple/tripe in the short, and I don't think Meier was necessarily that much better than Kostner in the long..

I don't think either Meier or Kostner had great skates, and my book neither of their skates were deserving of a GP win.

Yeah, this was my impression as well. I didn't much care who placed first out of these two. Neither were really that good, or that bad. Even though Meier ended up winning the LP, I personally think I preferred Kostner by a hair. However, if neither had made the GPF I certainly wouldn't be crying.

On another note, Ando had a meltdown. Ouch.

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Perhaps so, but Kostner had a triple/tripe in the short, and I don't think Meier was necessarily that much better than Kostner in the long.. What killed Meier was her lip. She lost 1.60 points on it in the short, and more on the long. Kostner did lose 2 points on her triple lutz, in the short program.
Meier also put two hands down on her triple flip, which killed her as well..

Kostner had more triples than Meier, because of this. And while Meier is certainly the prettier skater. Kostner has fantastic edges, speed, etc...

Good argument but it still does not change my mind.
Agree to disagree here. :)

demarinis5

Record Breaker
:laugh: I'd love to see Michelle do a Level 4 footwork sequence.

Your joking right. Kwan was known for her difficult and intricate footwork while she was competing. Kostner's footwork sequence was a Level 4 in comparison Kwan should get a level 6 (if it existed.). IMO no comparison between Kostner's footwork and Kwan's footwork.

christinaskater

Medalist
I love Nana Takeda, she has improved so much! She is so amazing!!!!!!!!

I think she was the deserving winner here in NHK!!!

The American pairs are going to be challengers for Vancouver, they are amazing