Now that Joe is back, what are your impressions from SA and SC? | Golden Skate

Now that Joe is back, what are your impressions from SA and SC?

CDMM1991

Medalist
So, overall what were your impressions of Skate America and Skate Canada? You always have someone new for us to watch, and some new insights for us to ponder. Since you were there live, what did you think?

They were both good competitions. Even without the Divas and Divos, competitions when they are close are very interesting. Although some of the results were not close.

The saddest thing for me was watching Othmund struggle through his programs. It looked like he didn't practice at all.

Highlights for me were Alissa at SA and SC, and Sokolova just got more consistent but nothing more. I think Joannie did a fine first skate of the season which will get better in time. Yan Liu was beautiful but judges are not interested in beautiful skating. the two Canadian Pairs in SA. Putnam and Wirtz and I forget the other names both deserving Standing Ovations. H&P woke me up. I&B really improved a lot; Of course, S&S were stupendous at SC. Kevin almost got to me at SA, Daisake was grear, Buttle's program is super; and Sawyer is something else!!!

Joe

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Joesitz said:
They were both good competitions. Even without the Divas and Divos, competitions when they are close are very interesting. Although some of the results were not close.

The two Canadian Pairs in SA. Putnam and Wirtz and I forget the other names both deserving Standing Ovations. H&P woke me up. I&B really improved a lot; Of course, S&S were stupendous at SC. Kevin almost got to me at SA, Daisake was grear, Buttle's program is super; and Sawyer is something else!!!

Joe

Joe, you must mean Jessica Dube & Bryce Davison from Canada as the other Canadian pair. They were very impressive! :clap: I was so disappointed that Putnam & Wirtz were not shown in ABC's coverage. :no:

Yup, Dube and Davison. Absolutely the wave of the future along with Putnam and Wertz. No they didn't show P&W on TV and they should have. Americans are not ones for Standing Ovations unless they are deserved. Both teams deserved!!

Joe