Savchenko & Sokolowy

Dance
Navka & Kostomarov
Belbin & Agosto
Gushina & Goncharov

Last edited:

itofan

On the Ice
I can't belive the Olmpics are almost here!

Pairs

1. Shen & Zhao :love:
2. Totminanina & Marinin
3. Zhang & Zhang
4. Savchenko & Szolkowy
5. Petrova & Tikhonov
6. Pang & Tong
7. Marcoux & Buntin
8. Inoue & Baldwin :rock:
9. Obertas & Slavnov
10. Zagorska & Siudek

Men

1. Evgeni Plushenko
2. Jeffrey Buttle
3. Stephane Lambiel
4. Brian Joubert
5. Daisuke Takahashi
6. Johnny Weir
7. Emanuel Sandhu
8. Evan Lysacek
9. Ilia Klimkin :rock:
10. Kevin Van Der Perren :love:

Dance

1. Navka & Kostomarov
2. Belbin & Agosto :love:
3. Drobiazko & Vanagas :rock:
4. Grushina & Goncharov
5. Fusar-Poli & Margaglio
6. Dubreill & Lauzon
7. Delobel & Schoenfelder
8. Denkova & Staviski
9. Chait & Sakhnovski
10. Faiella & Scali

Ladies

1. Irina Slutskaya
2. Sasha Cohen
3. Fumie Suguri :love:
4. Michelle Kwan :love:
5. Elena Sokolova :love:
6. Carolina Kostner
7. Shizuka Arakawa
8. Miki Ando
9. Joanni Rochette
10. Elena Liashenko

lulu

Final Flight
Ladies:

1. Slutskaya
2. Cohen
3. Arakawa

Men:

1. Plushenko
2. Lambiel
3. Joubert

Dance (the easiest to predict IMO)
1. NavKos
2. Belbin & Agosto
3. G&G

Pairs
1. TT&MM
2. Zhangs
3. S&S

Hikaru

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
For me, B&A are very much a Russian team. The usual 'passion'. I would like to see that Canadian team win.
Joe

Me too. I have to say that I only watch the Free Dance, and this year I absolutely love Dubreuil/Lauzon's FD. That straightline lift at the begining, is just so perfect!! I would give them the medal just for that opening (thisis the irst time I like a FDso much, seen that this is the discipline I less follow up)

doug_log

On the Ice
Screw the predictions! (Not to diss on all the psychics in this forum...I love it too!)

It's fun to guess, but what's so exciting about this year's OG is that there are so many possible medalists in each discipline. Perhaps the men's and dance gold are the most predictable, but even given Plushenko and N/K chances, there are still possible spoilers...

I predict that the pairs event will be the most exciting. The top Chinese (s/z) and Russian pairs will duel it out..but what about bronze?! I just can't wait.

Everyone is betting on Slutskaya (with good reason), but i think that the judges will be so picky and cognisant of fairness that there's a good chance that another skater could win gold. This OG is MUCH MUCH MUCH more interesting -- at least inherently -- than SLC.

Slutskaya, Kwan, Cohen, Arakawa, Suguri, Ando, Kostner...one of these women -- or maybe more -- will be very disappointed not to make the final flight.

The dance event has many contenders as well.

And the men?! The deepest field of them all. Plushenko, Buttle, Sandhu, Weir, Lysacek, Lambiel, Joubert, Takahashi, even Li...

I predict: that i will be on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
doug_log said:
Everyone is betting on Slutskaya (with good reason), but i think that the judges will be so picky and cognisant of fairness that there's a good chance that another skater could win gold. This OG is MUCH MUCH MUCH more interesting -- at least inherently -- than SLC.

LOL, I didn´t because I hope that there will be "surprises" at least in some of the events.

I think this is the most exciting Olympics I have ever watched, as exceptions those where my one huuuuge favourite competed in men´s event: Curry 1976, Cousins 1980 and Kulik 1998. Anyway, this time there are so many big favourites for me: Lambiel, Lysacek, Weir, Plushenko, Sandhu and Takahashi. And in ladies Arakawa, Cohen, Poykio, Korpi, Kostner, Meier (are Dytrt and Liu participating?).. In pairs there is Shen&Zhao, Zhang&Zhang, Pang&Tong, Obertas&Slavnov and Savchenko&Szolkowy. And in dance there are Belbin&Agosto, Denkova&Staviyski, Faiella&Scali, Grushina&Goncharov, Delobel&Schoenfelder, Dubreuil&Lauzon and Chait&Sakhnovski. Never ever has there been so many favourites competing in the Olympics!!!

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
If going from the heart is acceptable here,

1.Sasha Cohen
2.Carolina Kostner
3.Kimmie Meissner

(Ohhhhhhh,Ahhhhhhh) Those 3 are all my heart can take at age 64 :laugh:

I just hope a lady whose last name ends with "ner" wins a medal :)