On Site Reports: Your experience SkAm 2015 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

On Site Reports: Your experience SkAm 2015

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I dressed warmly and still freezing! Hopefully it warms up when more people fill this place.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
For Karne I think I missed Brendan. From what I can see otherwise he looks like he's adjusting to time. Nice lutz combo. Nice posture good basic skating & flow. He just did a beautiful jump - flip maybe? I just looked up to see it.

ioanna

Record Breaker
By looking at Meghan Dade's Shoma Uno video I noticed he's starting his program with the 3A. This means he moved his 4T to the second half and upgraded his BV.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I might have to move Han Yan up my predictions, I liked that routine.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Group 2!

Han Yan looks very fast. Max too. Jason is doing more intricate edge work but he looks quite strong - getting good power from edges. For the record he is not slow! Ross just did great spin.

Han up first. Then Menshov

Han does single A - looks like intentional. Beautiful spread eagle. He's mostly marking. No real jumps.

Menshov. SP. Popped jump. Maybe he's just walking through. He used body well - good arms & presentation. But not really performng do hard to judge.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Pitkeev looks great but no jumps. He performing though. Very good spin. Fast. I like him. He dances.

Jason gorgeous 3A. 3T with speed working up to 4.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Max. Free. Bad fall. Then good jumps. Much better use of upper body. Fell again. Great 3A. Skating with more energy now. His shirt is short.

Jason free. Fall quad. Beautiful 3a combo fall on next 3a. He still seems to be thinking thru program. He is slower in program bc of transitions. Overall like Nepela but not quite as on today. Vincent at is here as well as kori.

Ross Miner basic skating beautiful but not jumps.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Good Morning Everyone. I'd just like to say that I'm officially jealous of those of you who get to attend this great event. Please post your every thought and emotion from each program you see. Try to have as much fun as humanly possible!! I'll be waiting with great anticipation.: :cheer2:

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
StitchMonkey, Thank you for posting those clips. I have a question for you. How fast is Ross Miner? He always seems to have great speed but I've never seen him in person. BTW, who would say is the fastest of the men at Skate America? I would imagine max is fast since he came from a hockey background.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I just helped Piper & Paul find the right entrance. I feel so useful! :laugh:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
StitchMonkey, Thank you for posting those clips. I have a question for you. How fast is Ross Miner? He always seems to have great speed but I've never seen him in person. BTW, who would say is the fastest of the men at Skate America? I would imagine max is fast since he came from a hockey background.

I am sadly not there, I am just playing messenger pigeon with the clips. I have not seen Ross in person but Max is fast in person, including his spins. Hopefully one of the beautiful people who are there can give you a better answer.

I just helped Piper & Paul find the right entrance. I feel so useful! :laugh:

I really love stories like this more i should!

mrrice

Record Breaker
I am sadly not there, I am just playing messenger pigeon with the clips. I have not seen Ross in person but Max is fast in person, including his spins. Hopefully one of the beautiful people who are there can give you a better answer.

Ok, I understand. I really appreciate you taking the time to post the clips.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker

Heh, the layout of this rink and the small number of people here today makes it almost tough not to run into a lot of folks. Just talked to Ross! I hope I get to see my Russian girls too! :love: