Options for heel-lifting on new Jackson boots? | Golden Skate

Options for heel-lifting on new Jackson boots?

alexac10

Rinkside
Hi everyone, question..

I was just professionally fitted about two weeks ago for new skates. I’m currently working on waltz jumps and starting single jumps, so I needed new skates that could support me. I previously had Jackson 200 (basically rec skates) and I now I’m in Jackson freestyles. So far I love them, but when I do any sort of jumps, I do notice a slight heel slippage. I would say about 1/2”, maybe a little less. I’ve skated in them for about 8 hours now so they have been mostly broken in and used, as well as heat molded. When I was fitted I didn’t notice any heel lifting but when doing jumps it’s there. What are my options here? I doubt I can return them anymore. It’s very disheartening because I just spent a bit of $ and I would hate for them to not work out for me and me be out all that money. Ugh.

Thanks

alexac10

Rinkside
This is a very common issue. Fortunately, you can ask your tech to make adjustments. It's best to make an appointment with your tech to have the boot adjusted.
Oh really? I had no idea those types of adjustments were possible! What kinda of adjustments would they do? Thanks!!

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
They may be able to pinch the heels in and heat mold again. Although you do not want to heat mold too often, avoid doing more than twice.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi everyone, question..

I was just professionally fitted about two weeks ago for new skates. I’m currently working on waltz jumps and starting single jumps, so I needed new skates that could support me. I previously had Jackson 200 (basically rec skates) and I now I’m in Jackson freestyles. So far I love them, but when I do any sort of jumps, I do notice a slight heel slippage. I would say about 1/2”, maybe a little less. I’ve skated in them for about 8 hours now so they have been mostly broken in and used, as well as heat molded. When I was fitted I didn’t notice any heel lifting but when doing jumps it’s there. What are my options here? I doubt I can return them anymore. It’s very disheartening because I just spent a bit of $ and I would hate for them to not work out for me and me be out all that money. Ugh.

Thanks
Talk to your fitter. There are things that can be done! Good luck!