Original Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Original Dance

rain

Record Breaker
It's a little disappointing that there will be no real contest for gold — with the OD now over it's clear D/S have it on a plate. But 2nd and 3rd should be exciting. I have all my fingers crossed that V/M can pull up in the FD to take silver!

_Ladybug_

On the Ice
At the beginning of the season, Olivier thought it was the year they shouldn't have done, so I am not really sure they'll stay next year :(
He's a young married father and probably wants to enjoy that a tad more.

Add to that they've been crushed trhoughout theyears, he can't take this anymore.
It will be a sad day for ice dance when they retire.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
D/W scores were low....wow..what happend? I watch it and didn't see anything..or maybe short on one twizzle?

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
If the current placements hold up, then USA should get 3 spots in ice dance next year. Also, how many points off third are B/A? I know in singles events, there have been cases of someone making up deficits of ten points to come back and win; has something like that ever happened in ice dance?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I predict for the final standings: 1. Delobel/Schoenfelder, 2. Virtue/Moir, 3. Khokhlova/Novitski, 4. Belbin/Agosto, 5. Faiella/Scali, 6. Davis/White, 7. Pechalat/Bourzat, and 8. Kerr/Kerr.

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I too love D&S FD to "The Piano" soundtrack.. One of my fav movies of all time so that helps..LOL I also, LOVE the RUS FD to "Night on Bald Mountain"...one of my fav and most inovative free dances of all time in figure skating IMO..a close second is Annisina and Perzerat's Romeo and Juliet FD...

Last edited:

Bruin714

On the Ice
7th for D&W -- they were 7th at last year's world, so considering that 3 teams who finished ahead of them are not here today, they're not doing well.

They still have a chance to move up in the the Free though, but looking at the points difference currently, one spot at most.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
D & W got screwed. Actually I think with the exception of a little speed their OD was better than B & A. I think they should have moved ahead of the French couple (not D & S, of course).

Tesla

Final Flight
D & W got screwed. Actually I think with the exception of a little speed their OD was better than B & A. I think they should have moved ahead of the French couple (not D & S, of course).

They are always getting screwed, although I don't know why. I hope they and B/A skate a blinder in the FD.

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
Listening to british eurosport, the commentators there actually thought D/W got too high scores. Of course then they were comparing them to the Kerrs, so I dont suppose they're a 100% objective..

fanofskate

Rinkside
Disappointed with Meryl & Charlie's scores. They shouldn't have to be so low. Not their year. Just go out and mesmerize the audience tomorrow Meryl and Charlie! Oh and try to get a new choreographer (coach?). I could tell the audience (including myself) were pushing for more with that Kalinka OD but the choreo wasn't working the music. If there's not much for D/W to work with, then their PCS will always be low. These two need innovative moves that play off their yin yang qualities.

But really excited for my other favorite team, Del/Schoe. Please skate clean and all out tomorrow.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it does not bode well for Belbin/Agosto in the minds of the judges for them to be the only couple who sat out 4CC to rest and train and be fully prepared to do well at Worlds and then have a disastrous fall like they did in the CD. They are paying dearly because teams who have competed more and are more exhausted from the season are skating better than them overall.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
While I think Meryl and Charlie did deserve higher marks I wouldnt have put them ahead of P/B or even the Kerrs, then again I also think both Kerrs and France #2 got less than what they deserved. Their Beatles FS is superior to those 2 teams (not as voidy or exciting though) so I think they will move up tomorrow.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I am happy for D/L and V/M placements that's it. Not happy
with the judging at all.

Linny

Final Flight
4CCs

Methinks the judges don't give a wit whether or not a couple appeared at 4CCs. Compared to the rich history of Europeans, 4CCs can almost be considered a lower tier competition.

Linny

gold12345

Medalist
I'm thinking the European ice dance teams are being held up. Shocking!!! Not. No matter what judging system you use, the judging will always be political and pretty much fixed.