Original Dance | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Original Dance

lutzskate

On the Ice
Though arguably today we had very pro-Russian panel and it did not help much D/S. We'll see.

I don't understand how you can say that it didn't help the Russians. D&S were clearly held up! They were AWFUL!!! They were so slow and choppy. I just don't understand how they can be in first. I just don't get it!??! :confused:
Something's rotten in the state of Denmark...or in this case, in LA!

oxade21

Match Penalty
I don't understand how you can say that it didn't help the Russians. D&S were clearly held up! They were AWFUL!!! They were so slow and choppy. I just don't understand how they can be in first. I just don't get it!??! :confused:
Something's rotten in the state of Denmark...or in this case, in LA!

Who was clean tonight? Everyone was off. They were not sloppy or choppy to me. There was one spin that traveled and that's all. The were WONDERFUL. I love the program and execution.
Take zanax and chill. It is always rotten when your favorite doesn't win.

P.S: They even didn't finish 1st tonight.

Last edited:

LaLola

On the Ice
Tanith and Ben did a great job. Even the German commentators liked them very much and saw them in first. The FD will be so exciting, I don't know if my fingernails will survive that!

billeh

Rinkside
Disheartened

I don't post very often to this board, though I follow along quite frequently. I can not believe the scores for Domshab. They were slow, had numerous bobbles and an atrocious pairs spin. On top of that they weren't even skating on topic.

I love figure skating and give credit where credit is due regardless of nationality, but those marks were undeserved and, quite frankly, a farce.

figuristka

Medalist
Hope V/M hang on to a medal but more importantly hope they are healthy next season. Well American and Canadian teams are becoming so strong now in Ice dance thanks partly to the russian coaching.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Has anyone else ever noticed that Meryl Davis seems to have problems with her eyes? I first noticed it last year during a practice at Nationals. We were sitting in the front row very near Igor. I saw that she was blinking all the time and constantly futzing with her eyes. When they perform, she rarely looks up or out to the audience - and it's not a presentation thing. She usually lifts her eyebrows and then peers out of the bottom of her eyelids. Even in kiss and cry, she will look up for a few seconds and then it's right back down with blinking.

I'm guessing the arena lights bother her, or contact lenses or something. She doesn't seem to have the same problems during interviews.

Tesla

Final Flight
Has anyone else ever noticed that Meryl Davis seems to have problems with her eyes? I first noticed it last year during a practice at Nationals. We were sitting in the front row very near Igor. I saw that she was blinking all the time and constantly futzing with her eyes. When they perform, she rarely looks up or out to the audience - and it's not a presentation thing. She usually lifts her eyebrows and then peers out of the bottom of her eyelids. Even in kiss and cry, she will look up for a few seconds and then it's right back down with blinking.

I'm guessing the arena lights bother her, or contact lenses or something. She doesn't seem to have the same problems during interviews.

Could be a problem with dry eyes due to contacts. I remember way back when I once wore contacts I was constantly blinking because my eyes were dry and irritated.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
So - in the battle of Linichuk vs. Shpilband, Linichuk is clearly on top so far.

MissCleo

On the Ice
Althought, there wasn't much of a change in placements from the compulsories (except the kerrs and f/s flip flopped), the scores are so close. 1 and 2 can go either way, so could 3 to 5. the free dance will be a nailbiter. my heart was racing for almost the last two groups now, so i hope that i can survive the free dance

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Tanith and Ben are deservingly 1st in OD. Would have had them 1st overall too.
Tanith also looks great, very very pretty.

Am not happy with how my faves Tessa &Scott and Jana & Sergei are doing. But, OK, it's not over yet, and the next season is more important.

lutzskate

On the Ice
Take zanax and chill. It is always rotten when your favorite doesn't win.

I don't need zanax and I don't need to chill.

It has nothing to do with my favourites not winning. It has to do with fairness in judging - something that has plagued this sport for decades and I worry when I see judging that was clearly biased. Read the majority of others' comments on here; I'm not the only one who feels that way and even European commentators felt the same way after the compulsories. It is very clear that D&S are being held up and barring catastrophe, they will be world champions, despite how well anyone else skates. If they skate well, I'm all for praising them for a deserved win, but they didn't skate well. And I know they didn't win but they did receive a season's best in marks.

oxade21

Match Penalty
And nobody talks about how seriously over scored V/M were tonight. Just outrageous. That first twizzle should not have been counted at all.

I don't need zanax and I don't need to chill.

It has nothing to do with my favourites not winning. It has to do with fairness in judging - something that has plagued this sport for decades and I worry when I see judging that was clearly biased. Read the majority of others' comments on here; I'm not the only one who feels that way and even European commentators felt the same way after the compulsories. It is very clear that D&S are being held up and barring catastrophe, they will be world champions, despite how well anyone else skates. If they skate well, I'm all for praising them for a deserved win, but they didn't skate well. And I know they didn't win but they did receive a season's best in marks.

But they DID NOT WIN. What are you talking about?

Also, as I mentioned before, why such fixation on D/S, why not talk about how V/M got overscored? or how even B/A were overscored?

Last edited by a moderator:

lcd

Match Penalty
Tanith & Ben deserved the win in the OD. Elements were as confident as could be, twizzles were like the "old days" (2005 gypsy program speed and number), lift didn't look labored, good speed and coordination in footwork, and both looked very "in the moment"

Dom/Shabs. I can "get over" the debate about thematic appropriateness, but the skating was just nowhere near the marks. I struggle to figure out how they earned top technical marks when two of the five key elements were so obviously subpar.

V&M - held my breath the whole time. They just didn't have enough seasoning. Spin was obviously incredibly difficult but they didn't execute. Twizzle problems from both Scott and Charlie were like huh? these guys are masters?!

Davis/White. Good for them, but would say they caught some phew breaks in escaping either bigger problems or bigger deductions for the twizzles and the footwork sequence. Program seemed rushed. Their season got them to where they are, they can do better.

Battle for the bronze for sure but am already cringing at what marks have already been keyed in for Dom/Shabs regardless of what they actually do.

BBI*CEO

On the Ice
The judges put V&M in 6th for the OD, and that's reasonable. They were not overmarked like DomShabs blatantly were.