Pairs Long Programs | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs Long Programs

Serious Business

Record Breaker
A very very very good score for Takahashi/Tran despite the mistakes. This should be very encouraging for them. And well deserved, too.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I love hearing the Canadian crowd cheer... so electric!

ETA: and I love hearing Terry and Peter commentate together again... it makes me happy

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Duhamel/Radford (CAN)

Music: Viva la Vida by Coldplay
Yellow by Coldplay

3FTw
3F+2T+2T - couldn't see him, but seemed ok
3S - she doubles
BoDs
FCCoSp - ok unison
ChSp
Li
3LoTh - not much speed coming out
Li - he drops her too early
3LzTh - 2footed
Li
PCoSp

Have they done enough for silver?

That's a nice program for D/R. They obviously enjoy it and did it pretty well and it's a feel-good program for the audience. Awkward one-handed lifts - is she too heavy for him?? And I hate that turn where she's squatting with one leg stuck up. They seem to be fond of it.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Meagan and Eric displayed a mature beauty but ran out of energy like so many teams. Extra important for Pairs! Makes Sui/Han's energy stand out even more.

Great job and congratulations!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I don't care for Duhamel/Radford's program, mistakes or not. The music, the choreography, the performance, their styles, it just doesn't come together right for me. Something a bit awkward about their skating here and there.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I love Megan showing her feelings in K&C. And yes it seems like a big enthusiastic audience.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Volosozhar/Trankov

Music: Black Swan (soundtrack) by Clint Mansell, Petr Tchaikovski

She doesn't skate in the tutu, thank God! I still don't like the costume, though

3LzTw
3S - he has stepout
3T+2T
BoDs
FCCoSp - ok unison
3LoTh - nice!
Li
Li
3STh - she 2foots
Li
ChSp
PCoSp

Not flawless, but solid. Should be more than enough for gold...

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Vol/Tran wins unquestionably. For most of it they were class of the field, though it ran out of steam at the end with the final pair spin being quite wonky.

Art&Sport

Medalist
M&T just bagged the Swans of the Year award.

They could definitely win Worlds with this program.

Can't wait for V/T match-up with S/S. I enjoy watching V/T and root for them for silver at Worlds. S/S are my faves -- S/S and coach Steuer always bring something new and different. V/T Swan suits them more than their sp, but their Swan still needs work. I think they were over-scored a bit here.

Like I said before, S/S always have to be lights out when it comes to the big time comps, no matter the fact they have invigorated the pairs field over the past 6 years. For me, V/T are good competition for S/S, but are still finding their identity as a pair. Both S/S programs this season are much more exciting IMO.

ETA: ITA re your scoring assessment, lavender.