Peacock this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
I know we already have a thread covering this for US International Classic, but in more general news, it seems like Peacock will not have ANY event replays this season.

I originally saw this on Reddit, but I thought that’d I just link directly - apparently this person spoke to Peacock Support and found out that we will not be getting replays this season.

Again, this is not my support chat, but it seems like this will be the deal for this season.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok WHO do we complain to? There’s someone at USFS who is in charge of this. I don’t want to bug Brent about everything. I don’t think this is in his wheelhouse.

Also I don’t think Peacock gives a fig if we cancel. We are only at the most 9.99, 4.99 or even 1.99 per month. I think bugging USFS is the way to go (just my opinion).

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
By the way, no shade on anyone who can speak two or more languages, but sometimes I have difficulty making myself understood to Peacock support staff.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow. Unbelievable. The sport is already so difficult to watch in the US. Coverage and accessibility just keeps getting worse every year. I certainly hope USFS rethinks/can change this.
I think if it is to change it will take a concerted effort from fans.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The USFS is showing the novice and junior event on demand on the fan zone. Why can they show skating on demand but Peacock can't? I feel so defeated about the whole thing. It just feels like no one cares about us little skating fans.

aliste

Rinkside
This makes Peacock's stupid "can't not watch" slogan even more infuriating. Turns out I can "not watch" figure skating on Peacock, if the events are halfway around the world and there is no replay available.

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yes, the tweet from the USFS account confirmed it. What can we do/who can we complain to? Does anyone know which specific person at USFS to complain to? I don’t want to bug Brent about every little thing.
I used to talk to Sarah a lot (from member support and LTSUSA) but she left. I guess I could talk to the new person who took her job? But I think going public (and hopefully viral) will do the trick

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I read something on social media that it's to do with the ongoing lawsuit from the musicians who were featured in Knierim/Frazier's program last season. Copyright infringement naming Peacock as showing rebroadcasts
Selfish selfish selfish people. Ruining it for everyone. They show the song and the artists. That’s enough in my opinion. They should be happy that they wanted that version. Not be in a hissy fit. They’re adults. They need to act as such and move on.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I read something on social media that it's to do with the ongoing lawsuit from the musicians who were featured in Knierim/Frazier's program last season. Copyright infringement naming Peacock as showing rebroadcasts
It is not ongoing. It has been settled. I hate that band.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I used to talk to Sarah a lot (from member support and LTSUSA) but she left. I guess I could talk to the new person who took her job? But I think going public (and hopefully viral) will do the trick
I don’t know. There are lots of very angry people blasting the USFS account on Twitter. Hasn’t done any good so far. I don’t think anyone cares except very dedicated fans (who are USFS should be trying to hang on to iMHO) and the money we are paying Peacocj is only a drop in the bucket. If we were still paying NBC Sports Gold $60 or $70 a year we might have more of a leg to stand on.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The lawsuit over Knierim/Frazier's music was settled. Here is a link: https://www.reuters.com/legal/litigation/olympic-skaters-nbc-settle-with-musicians-over-song-use-2022-07-22/#:~:text=The musicians, Heavy Young Heathens,House of the Rising Sun."

Posters on Golden Skate who know a lot more about how musicians are compensated than I do explained that there are different levels of compensation for broadcasting something one time versus multiple times and I think that is the problem now. It would cost Peacock/NBC far more to stream on demand than just once.

I also feel crushed by this decision. I don't have cable and frequently don't get good reception for NBC over the air.

I see @moonvine already posted the info on the lawsuit. I guess I also feel USFS has just flat out lied to fans by repeatedly saying Peacock live and on-demand and Peacock showing live and on-demand all over the ads for Sports coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.