Pet Peeves | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pet Peeves

anya_angie

Final Flight
Grampy you're sweet!! Wanting peace. Definitely!

*hands olive branch* There ya are, Rosie!

LOL I love you too, even though we disagree an awful lot on things, honestly my day just isn't the same without you IMing me. I am sorry that I am so busy at the moment (have to reply to ezboard posthaste). We'll talk later, ok?

CanuckSk8r

Rinkside
Pet Peeve.....

Jamie & David, SLC, suddenly they became "North America's" Champions. Sorry guys, they are Canadian all the way.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Now I'm so happy.

peeve: posters who can't take it when someone disagrees with them!!!

heyang

Record Breaker
A pet peeve to share with fellow tea drinkers.....when the switch the containers and your tea tastes like coffee. Yuck! Had it happen today and we had to send all the iced teas back. If they can color code coffee vs decaf, why can't they use a different color for the tea.

People who try to talk to me while I'm watching skating - especially the guys. If I can't talk while you're watching football, please don't talk to me while I'm watching skating.

Spinner

Rinkside
People with enormous signatures, who post in color, post in 'teen speak' or 'IM speak', or who have 542,693,285,167 keeperships. blah... ;)

Johar

Medalist
I agree about teen speak: "U R jus jealuz cuz Yags wun the Gold and is, like #1 4-eva!!!!"

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Speaking of "teen speak", my new pet peeve is the term "crushing" used as a verb to mean "have a crush on". It makes me cringe for some reason! The first time I noticed it was in that Jersey Girl movie commercials where Liv Tyler says "I'm kind of crushing on you." to Ben Affleck. Now I've seen and heard it a lot and I hate it! LOL! :laugh: :p

Fossi

Final Flight
My #1 pet peeve is all the Anti-American freaks out there. They hate skaters because they're American, and they hate America just to hate. I have no tolerance for people with that type of mentality.
#2: People that pick on skaters because they are jealous of them and their accomplishments.
#3: Know it alls that give advice on topics they have no knowledge of
#4: Rude, ignorant posters that target other posters just to pass time away.

I think that's it for now.................................

anya_angie

Final Flight
Yoinks, I hate teen speak too LOL.

Oy, I know what you mean Fossi! Ugh, I've had experience with that a lot. That's why I respect all skaters' talents (whether it's art, technique, or the few who have both). One of Dasha's friends is a friend of Sarah Hughes' brother, and she (not Dasha, her friend) hates everyone except the USA skaters LOL so it's kind of vice-versa with that. That bugs me to no end LOL there are other countries out there you know. It's not ust the US vs Russia LOL.

More of my pet peeves:

I can't stand it when I procrastinate.

I can't stand it when I make mistakes LOL I'm such a perfectionist. That's why my novel is still in the development process.

I hate it when I make a promise or committment and forget about it.

I hate when I try to make points about various topics and people just ignore me. LOL I said that already, about my sister.

As much as I do it, I hate abbreviating when I type.

I hate when I accidentally have a typo.

I hate when my computer screws up and I lose important things that I had open.

It bugs me when I tell people online that I'm blind, and they ask, Well how are you typing then? how can you see what I'm typing? etc.

Okay that's it LOL.

JOHIO2

Medalist
anya_angie,

I agree that the most annoying pet peeves are the ones we hold against ourselves. Why can't we be perfect?

I aplogize to anyone I've offended. I don't take back any of my feelings or words. I'm just sorry they were offended.

Johar

Medalist
Another one: A poster who will go out of their way to be rude to a single poster on a forum for no particular reason.

This is happening to me on another forum. I don't recall saying something to make this psycho chick(well, psycho towards me) ticked at me. If she asks a question and I answer it she will never respond to me in any way. The few times she has said something to me in a post have been aggressively harsh comments.

She once asked me about my posting name by IM me the title "YOU" Inside the text was something like "Who are you?" It was so bizarre how she asked.

Other people have noticed this on this board when we've talked in IM. They said it's best just to ignore her. Sounds good to me.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
7. People who tell me I'm selfish because I don't want/have children. So, I don't want children and couldn't afford one anyways. That's my choice.

You get that too? I had a stupid skate mom tell me that I am selfish because I don't want/have kids. This is the same skate mom that I have helped fund her kids' skating (4 of them) anonymously for years. This was just after contributing to $700.00 worth of new skates for her kids. Had a 3 day long cry over that one. And now they need help again, but I am going to restrain my SELFISH self. At least I am not having kids that I cannot afford!!!

:mad:

icenut84

Final Flight
Johar said:
Another one: A poster who will go out of their way to be rude to a single poster on a forum for no particular reason.

This is happening to me on another forum. I don't recall saying something to make this psycho chick(well, psycho towards me) ticked at me. If she asks a question and I answer it she will never respond to me in any way. The few times she has said something to me in a post have been aggressively harsh comments.

She once asked me about my posting name by IM me the title "YOU" Inside the text was something like "Who are you?" It was so bizarre how she asked.

Other people have noticed this on this board when we've talked in IM. They said it's best just to ignore her. Sounds good to me.

Sounds to me like it might be someone who knows you in real life and maybe knows who you are on the net? It's a possibility. Or maybe it's someone who's an uberfan of someone you criticised :laugh:

Some of my pet peeves:

* Racism. Or anyone who makes judgements on people that are clearly based only on skin colour, but who justify it to themselves/other people and think they're right.

* People who make nasty comments about somebody's appearance, whether the other person can hear or not. Including those who slag off a skater or say they're ugly. :sheesh: Leave them alone and get a life.

* Commentators who say something that is just completely wrong/misleading. Like after the 04 mens worlds LP, after Brian Joubert's skate, when the commentator said "He did 2 quads and 6 triples, so technically he did exactly the same as Lambiel." That kind of comment just makes me mad! Apart from the fact that the jump count was wrong (Lambiel did one more triple), it's very misleading to say that the jumps are the only thing that's counted in the technical mark. Judges should also take into account things like spins and footwork, on which Lambiel was clearly ahead. Any commentator saying something wrong/misleading, especially somehting that is blatantly rubbish, is so annoying!! They should learn more about something if they're going to commentate on it. :mad:

* People using American terms for things rather than the British ones. Nothing anti-American at all, but it just annoys me when I see stuff like "cotton candy" on sale, or a sign saying "center". That's not what we say here, ok? We should be proud of the British terms, they don't need changing. It's candyfloss and centre. lol

anya_angie

Final Flight
I agree Icenut about the commentators. Like when Button said that Plushenko landed 3axel-hl-3 toe, I was saying to the TV, TRIPLE FLIP AIRHEAD haha. And he proceeded to tear the jump sequence apart, I was like Don't blame him cause YOU made a MIS-CALL.

*eyeroll* Dick is another pet peeve of mine. In fact (and I do realize how horribly mean this is) I wished that he would get laryngitis. That is so mean of me, I admit it! It's not like me to say such things.

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
People who don't realize my way is the ONLY way.

Grgranny's Sis :p :D :laugh: :p :D :laugh:

sorry Grgranny I couldn't resist