Philippe Candeloro Farewell Tour? | Golden Skate

Philippe Candeloro Farewell Tour?

Raatkirani

On the Ice
I know there aren't many diehard fans of Philippe Candeloro on this board, but for those that are like me :love:, I came across the following link:

www.philippecandeloro.com

Although I can't understand or speak French, my guess is that he's going on his farewell tour this year. Could it be true? Is he no longer skating after this? Does anyone know anything about this? :cry: I know people find his shirtless skating annoying, but when I was 16, I thought he was the cat's pajamas--so cute!

And also, does anyone know anything about his future plans?

amateur

Final Flight
at a quick glance...

yes it is announcing his farewell show, on tour across France.
Starts at the beginning of February.
It says also "with more than 30 artists on the ice"
My browser wasn't letting me click on any of the links to get more info anywhere else on the site.
It says above the tour poster to click on it to see a video... don't know if you tried that...

jennylovskt

Medalist
I like his skating. His "Godfather" program gave me the most empression. The best part was his sword fighting and ballroom dance which captured my heart for many months. For some reason, Rohene Ward reminded me of him.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
This is really bad news for French figure skating fans. Philippe is a great skater, but he now comments figure skating in France and it's awful! If he's not skating anymore, we'll have to put up with even more of is commentry.

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
This is really bad news for French figure skating fans. Philippe is a great skater, but he now comments figure skating in France and it's awful! If he's not skating anymore, we'll have to put up with even more of is commentry.

Wow, he must be pretty bad for his own countryman to say so, lol. :laugh: Does Gwendal do any commentaries btw? If so, I wonder how he feels about Isabel and Olivier...

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Yes Philippe really as is awful. The thing is, he speaks all through out the programs, which is a lack of respect to both the spectator and the skater, what's more it's mostly to be vulgar. And when he does actually talk about skating, you wouldn't think he's a skater, he knows nothing!! There have been so many complaints about him.
He's a great skater, he should just shut up that all!
As for Gwendal, he does some interviewing for Eurosport, but it would be great if he were to do some commentry as he's very smart and has a clear idea on things. I believe he appreciates Isabelle and Olivier's skating.