Photo ID again - this time a quite unattractive picture | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Photo ID again - this time a quite unattractive picture

Hey, Dog, now that you have over 10,000 pictures (or is it 20,000?) in your collection, maybe it's time to prune for quality instead of quantity.

You could start by deleting your picture #1 and replacing it by a pretty one of Ms. Luca. :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
It's actually over 32,000 ;)

What I HAVE started to do is separate most of the High-Quality (HQ) pics from the regular size photos. The only HQ photos I have not separated are those in some of the skater folders (Kimmie Meissner and Carolina Kostner for instance). But in the skaters' folders where I have more than 1,000 pics of them (Irina and Michelle for instance) the HQ pics (1000x1500 or higher, and in focus) are in a separate folder from the regular ones.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This pic is for Kwanford Wife, can you name these people???

Eye Candy

Dee

OK, I'm not Kwanford Wife, but I think can help out with this one. We attended this show, Scott Hamilton & Friends on Ice in Philly, PA in October 2002. The guys in red are Kurt & Steven Cousins. Gorsha Sur is in the hot pink shirt. Todd Sand is in the yellow one, and Todd E. is in the lime green one. :bow: :rofl: :clap:

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gail, thanks for identifying them.:laugh: :laugh: I love how you did it by the color of their shirts. I guess I didn't notice they had on shirts. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey, Dog, now that you have over 10,000 pictures (or is it 20,000?) in your collection, maybe it's time to prune for quality instead of quantity.

You could start by deleting your picture #1 and replacing it by a pretty one of Ms. Luca. :)

Math, I think he missed the point!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

True. To our techy photo guy Red Dog, a quality picture means how many pixels per square inch. :laugh: :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
alright, I must be missing some hidden meaning. :scratch: Whatever. I can't think right now.

alright, I must be missing some hidden meaning. :scratch: Whatever. I can't think right now.
In my post #26 above I was trying to say that you should throw away that disastrously unflattering picture of Roxana Luca and save only the pretty pictures in your collection.

Your response was about the quality of the photography instead of the skater's dignity, so that's what Dee was chucking about. :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
oh. Well, never heard of her before (until I asked you guys), but to me any HQ picture is worth keeping. TO ME, that is, as a collector.

I didn't know you meant the first picture I posted. I wasn't sure what you meant by "Picture #1"

yeah, duh, now I see. (need that FSU "duh" icon...insert it here)

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
wait a minute...THAT's Sarah Meier?? It can't be her...no, no, it can't...that looks like that Gedevanishvilli or whatever her name is girl...

John King

Final Flight
Isn't this Fleur Maxwell? And that's the reason why more women should wear unitards. I really don't get why women still wear skirts when COP encourages maneuvers like that.

She is not Elena G.
Yeah,I googled images and it is Fleur.I'm not that good with faces,but I did recognise her bun.....the hair,that is:yes:

R.D.

Record Breaker
yeah, that's one real show right there...:laugh: but I prefer the "prettier" positions. That one that that girl is in is DEFINITELY not pretty (IMO).

antmanb

Record Breaker
yeah, that's one real show right there...:laugh: but I prefer the "prettier" positions. That one that that girl is in is DEFINITELY not pretty (IMO).

The still of the image isn't pretty but the spin i think is one of the prettier Biellmann's - its a variation for a start but that turnign into the leg gives it a beuaiotful tear drop look when she's spinning - it got my award for best Biellmann last season.

Ant