Pitkeev looking for strong debut at Europeans | Golden Skate

Pitkeev looking for strong debut at Europeans

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is currently a lot of talk about the depth in Russian Ladies figure skating, however, the men are getting less attention. Nevertheless, Russia has young and talented male skaters to offer as well, and one of them is Adian Pitkeev.

More

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I don't see him making the podium, but I think he will be in the top 5. He can probably even beat Michal Brezina if Brezina is having an "off" day (and he has quite a few of those...).

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hopefully he can make it to the Gala so we can see h
is super awesome hip shaking dance moves from Zhenia's video the other day.

Best of Luck Adian!!!! :cheer:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Hopefully he can make it to the Gala so we can see h
is super awesome hip shaking dance moves from Zhenia's video the other day.
I wish he'd bring some of that character to his competitive programs. I like him, and he's clearly so talented, but in competition he seems too focused on the elements. Nonetheless, I wish him the best of luck.

Tatjana

On the Ice
I wish he'd bring some of that character to his competitive programs. I like him, and he's clearly so talented, but in competition he seems too focused on the elements. Nonetheless, I wish him the best of luck.

He is only 16, give him some time. :) He'll get there I think. He is still very shy but once he'll be more grown up and confident I am sure his programs will have more character. He is not a natural performer like some other boys that really sell their programs at a young age, but he has potential to become very good.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
He is only 16, give him some time. :) He'll get there I think. He is still very shy but once he'll be more grown up and confident I am sure his programs will have more character. He is not a natural performer like some other boys that really sell their programs at a young age, but he has potential to become very good.

Yes, I hop so... Go Adian!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Hopefully he can make it to the Gala so we can see his super awesome hip shaking dance moves from Zhenia's video the other day.

:laugh: I think he needs to have his girls (esp. Serafima) there with him in order to let his guard down like that. Somehow I don't think he would ever show off moves like that unless someone was there he was trying to impress. ;) But I do think he will become less reserved as time goes on.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The podium will be extremely hard to get to but I can totally see him coming 4th. But a strong debut is the most important thing!

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice
Uploaded this video to youtube.
Ignore those untrustworthy subtitles...I've spotted quite a few mistakes even with my poor Russian.
I'm curious about what he says, too! It would be great if someone kindly post a translation.

BTW, gotta love the atmosphere during training of Eteri's group:)

paulusfr

On the Ice
I'm sorry because my english is quite(still/pretty? :)) bad. Short Summary:
Pogorilaya and her coach refused to be interviewed (as they said, it distracts them).
Tutberidze said her guys should (?) say what they want. So, Adyan said they (his group) do not have problems to give an interview (or to be interviewed, sorry I don't know how it should be correct :)).
There is free(relaxed?) atmosphere on the ice, they work with a pleasure. And also giving of interview isn't a problem, it's a part of them job.
He was a bit shy, mainly because he just doesn't have enough(much?) experience in this matter (interviews).

exerym

On the Ice
I think it's hard to understand that he wanted to say without context. Early, reporter said that Anna Pogo and her coach denied to give them an interview and supposed that it's because that can distract them from training and give an additional stress.

After that, they said that Eteri has a different method. She told them to interview the sportsmen (and they can say anything they want).
Adian: "It's not like we're relaxed too much. We just... I think... We just don't focus too much on that all. It's not a problem to give an interview. It's not that it gives extra nervousness. I don't know how to put it. We just don't think about it, that's all."

Reporter said that Adian isn't used to give an interview yet. He's trying to used to responsibility of being a senior skater, despite him being a 10 grade schoolboy. He is criticized of being focused too much on his jumps, that puts a choreography away, but he said that he's working on that.

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
That probably came out wrong... I hope I didn't sound hypercritical. I really do like him a lot--his free program at TEB remains my highlight of the event. I guess I wanted even more for him, considering what we saw at Junior Worlds last year.

Of course, it's understandable he's shy, and it's not his fault. There are just times when I think, "Adian, you're super talented! Now go out there and own it!" Maybe he will at Europeans (Poor Brezina though, if he winds up in fifth place...).

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Uploaded this video to youtube.
Ignore those untrustworthy subtitles...I've spotted quite a few mistakes even with my poor Russian.
I'm curious about what he says, too! It would be great if someone kindly post a translation.

BTW, gotta love the atmosphere during training of Eteri's group:)

Thank you for putting it on Youtube! Yes, Eteri just seems like the perfect balance of strict and gentle...and I don't know how she keeps all those kids in check every day (I know she has assistance, but still).

Thank you paulusfr and exerym for the translations. So they interviewed Adian about being interviewed...very "meta." :laugh2:

exerym

On the Ice
So they interviewed Adian about being interviewed...very "meta." :laugh2:

Then I saw it first time I can't even understand that he wants to say (it sound really bizarre :laugh:). I think they show a little part of the interview and will show more if he succeed on Europeans.

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice
Thanks a lot for the translations, paulusfr and exerym! It seems that Adian isn't quite ready for video interviews yet, but I guess this issue is age-related. Probably he would remain an introvert in the future, but I can see him gradually overcome his shyness and be more "open" both on ice and off ice.
Of course, it's understandable he's shy, and it's not his fault. There are just times when I think, "Adian, you're super talented! Now go out there and own it!" Maybe he will at Europeans
Perhaps it's still a bit early to expect a lot of emotions in his programs at EC because he could be very nervous being a debutant at senior ISU Champioships. Plus, it seems to me that in competitions, he hasn't really found the balance between keeping cool-headed to cope with all those jumps, spins and footwork and liberating his emotions to give a vivid performance. If that's the case, I'd say, for the moment, focusing on the technical elements is the best strategy.
That being said, it's better not to abandon hope on improvement over his presentation during this month.:)
Eteri just seems like the perfect balance of strict and gentle...and I don't know how she keeps all those kids in check every day (I know she has assistance, but still).
I'm already thinking that she might have "superwoman" ability!:bow: