Pittsburgh, Seattle and Mick Jagger | Golden Skate

Pittsburgh, Seattle and Mick Jagger

Who are you routing for?

and

Will Jagger have a wardrobe malfunction if his pants fall down without underwear underneath?

Joe

Last edited:

Rachael

On the Ice
We're from the town with the great football team! We cheer the Pittsburgh Steelers!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
not a football fan really... just a San Fran 49ers fan (which I share with Kristi Yamaguchi, btw... lol)

but I have been told by a certain someone that I have to cheer for Seattle (ok well my aunt said I have to too.... but I am going to go shopping instead)

guinevere

Final Flight
I'm no football fan, but I live in Seattle. And I DO love the underdog :laugh: , so GO HAWKS!!

Well, I just watced the game. My main impression was, the most important men on the field were the officials. On almost every big play there was some kind of controversy, some kind of ruling that changed or could have changed the outcome of the game. The first Pittsburgh touchdown -- was he really over the line? I couldn't tell, even on instant replay. All those holding calls that nulified Seattle gains -- it's a judgement call, could go either way.

I think figure skating judging is a lot more objective.

MM

learnin'

Rinkside
Who won?
Edited to say I looked it up, and I couldn't be happier!

Last edited:

eliza88

On the Ice
I am a RABID football fan! (don't EVEN ask me to choose between figure skating and football, since I have Tivo, I don't have to!)

So thrilled my Seahawks made it to the big game...but absolutely NOT their best effort (so sad....). However, football is a game of momentum and this game was ruined/tainted by the officiating crew! Ugh. Very dissapointing. I saw plently of holding and defensive pass interference NOT being called on the Steelers...ticky-tacky and phantom fouls on the Seahawks...just shouldn't happen in a game this big! However, Pittsburgh made the big plays when they had too...bummer that we didn't. This team did give this city a season to remember though...what a ride!

eliza88

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
Mathman said:
I think figure skating judging is a lot more objective.

MM
That's a good point. People always talk about figure skating being a strange sport because the outcome is in the hands of the judges. But as we have seen, the refs in the big 3 sports make calls which greatly affect the game as well. Sometimes very "interesting" ones.

Jill

On the Ice
It's funny how nobody in Seattle's camp is talking about the incomplete call on the pass Jeremy Stevens clearly caught in Steelers' territory before being popped by safety Chris Hope and fumbling. The Steelers were denied a recovery and potential return. Not that we're complaining........Also, there's not much being said about the flag for offensive pass interference thrown at Heath Miller late in the 2d quarter. Point is, the Steelers overcame bad breaks, and won. Just like they did in Indianapolis.

What stopped the Hawks from overcoming theirs? Not the zebras. Maybe it was Josh Brown missing two field goal attempts. Or their much heralded offensive line that lost most of the battles on the field. Or maybe because their defense got taken by surprise by a 43 yard gadget play for a TD.

I hope Coach Holmgren remembers all that next season. In the meantime, The Steelers and the Stones! What a winning pair!:rock:

Jill

On the Ice
And, I might add, the team that usually starts the trash talk is usually the one that loses. I can't remember who is was who said, don't let your mouth write a check that your body can't cash!

eliza88

On the Ice
I watch A LOT of football games, and the officiating during the playoffs this year has been absolutely terrible! I like to think that I am pretty fair...I have seen my team "get away" with calls and I usually don't feel better until I see the other team get away with something. The worst call of all was during the Steelers vs. Colts game...taking away that interception from Polamalu was a crime. It would have been absolutely terrible if they last that game...I think I re-watched that Indy field goal sail wide several times!

It is not just the Seattle fans complaining about the poor officiating...I believe many sportswriters/sportscastors throughout the country were saying the same things! Yes, Seattle lost this SuperBowl...many players had their worst days (do you know how many times this season I have seen our punter pin the other team inside the 10 yard line? Here in the biggest game he just kept putting it in the endzone!). Congrats to Pittsburgh, they didn't play their best, but managed to make the plays when they needed too. However, there were 3 teams on this field and they all contributed to the outcome of this game.

I am already looking towards next season...NFL draft is in 2 more months, training camp/preseason in August...I am always "ready for some football!!!!!"

eliza88