Practice Reports? | Golden Skate

Practice Reports?

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Not sure if practices are open, and I know it’s Japan, but if anyone is in Nagoya and has info to share, I’m sure we’d all be grateful! :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
please, please provide any reports, if You have an access to videos/updates!:thank: (Ice Dance in particular;))

FSGMT

Record Breaker
And Senior Ladies, please! The first official practice should be over :hap85:

QuadThrow

Medalist
Why there are almost no news from first practice?

The only thing I have seen was a (tight but done) 4STh by Duhamel/Radford on twitter.

zeddtox

Spectator
FROM Chinese media:
Ladies:
the two Russian ZAGI and Stoskova did not come to the parctice, others' 1st pracrice :
Kostner: 3T3T, 2A,
Osmond:[lp 2nd half] 3lo,3F,3S,1A2T2lo
Stoko: [completed lp]3lo,3Lz3T,3F、2Lz,2A3T2T,3S,2A2T
Wakaba: sp-2A,3Lz?3T,3F

pairs:
sk and tm did not come to the ice
SH:lp with music-3twist4,3Sth and 3lift, after music-3Fth,3T,3T,3S(step out),3S
YZ: completed lp with music-3s?or2s,3t2t,3twist4,3lift,3loth,3sth, after music-3T2T,3T2T,3S all clean
DR: 4sth tight but clean, 4sth clean, 4sth step out, 3lz R step out, 3lz
SM: 3Fth*3 all clean

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
No Russians in practice? That doesn't bode well.

It makes zero sense to pull all of your athletes from an event as protest or some sort of punishment
especially an event that's allowing you to compete freely
They would lose all sympathy, the fans and the athletes would be upset and so would the ISU

I really hope this is nothing

pearly

Record Breaker
I agree. I just think it's a bit unusual for no one to practice the day before competition (for pairs)...

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I think they're just resting up from their flight. They literally just arrived.
I wouldn't overthink it too much.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It makes zero sense to pull all of your athletes from an event as protest or some sort of punishment
They would lose all sympathy, the fans and the athletes would be upset and so would the ISU

It is nothing...calm down. It's quite common for skaters to skip the first practice day.

frida80

Record Breaker

It’s nothing. They skipped 1st practice in worlds too.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I think they're just resting up from their flight. They literally just arrived.
I wouldn't overthink it too much.

I agree, we are too aggravated and emotional about current situation in light of yesterday's announcement...I hope that all competitors from Russia had safe flight and will put their best on ice at Nagoya

AnalyticalMind

Rinkside
A few random Japanese news clips (focusing on the Japanese skaters) that YouTube recommended at me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdWm8Lov6q8
Takahito Kozuka commenting. Shoma is apparently attempting 4 types of quads, including 4S, which he hadn't been including in his programs during the GP Series. Shoma apparently woke up at 9:55am for a 10am bus and got there later than planned (oh, Shoma). He comments on Shoma practicing his jumps carefully given that he wasn't at his best at IdF given the flu, Satoko looking a bit nervous/rushed (he interprets due to her being called up as an alternate recently), and Wakaba seeming to be in very good shape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUVBXFoQvx4
Just the first couple of minutes (the rest is a silly/fun segment where Shizuka Arakawa explains GOE with Nobunari Oda doing an example good jump, which she gives a +3, and an example bad jump, which she gives a -2). Shoma landing a clean 4F, Wakaba landing her 3-3, and Satoko landing a 3Lo. Also some information on the Russians' arrival. Interestingly, the Russian Fed announced beforehand that their skaters will not be answering any questions about the IOC situation (which seems good, since I could see the journalists asking some overly intrusive questions on the matter). Satoko answers an interviewer's question about the matter, and she half-evades the question by saying that though she wants all skaters there, regardless of country, she's really only focused on her own performance.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

:thank: a lot, LRK:)

radomizers:

- it has to feel great to wake up that pretty like Shibutanis and Adam:love::laugh:

- both Madisons have their make-up on fleek! (Madison Chock's green/sapphire accent on eyes though:love:)

- Mikhail got haircut! Looks still cute and adorable beyond words, love his smile!

- Evgenia and Vladimir looking fairy as always

- my Chinese heroines - Yu and Wenjing - looking great and Han really looks more and more like movie star!

- Jason is sooo photogenic - how camera cannot like that smile?!:)