Predictions!

Final Flight
Men
1. Joubert
2. Preaubert
3. Mroz - vampires are cool
(just dont like chan sorry)

Ladies
my heart: Kiira Korpi (why does she have to withdraw?!)
1. Mao Asada
2. Joannie Rochette
3. Caroline Zhang

Pairs
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
2. Mukhortova/Trankov
3. ________________

Ice Dance
1. DELOBEL AND SCHOENFELDER
2. Kerrs ( in love with their FD)
3. Faiella/Scali

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Savchenko/Szolkowy Sp is no different, i would like them to be abducted as well.
No, I meant the Kerrs were the aliens. In the FD - remember?

TEB was Patrick's senior GP debut in 06, he won for the first time last year, and he shall win again
Well, if he does I hope it's with a better performance than we saw from him at SC. And even then I have my doubts. He was fortunate that most of the skaters at last year's TEB made mistakes; his winning score was not particularly high. Chan also had the lowest score of any GP winner so far this season; in fact, it would have kept him off the SA podium. His PB is lower than Kozuka's and Joubert's and on par with Bradley and Preaubert.

I really hope to see a high standard of competition at TEB, and if that happens, I am not sure Patrick Chan has all the technical stuff he needs to win at this point in his career. And unless everyone else screws up, I can't see the PCS margin being what it was at SC.

kandidy

Final Flight
Seems like Kiira Korpi officially withdraw. So sad.....

Ladies
1. Asada
2. Rochette
3. Zhang

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Ladies:
1. Asada
2. Rochette
3. Zhang

Men: (This must be the craziest discipline, but I'll make a prediction anyway)
1. Joubert
2. Kozuka
3. Bradley

Pairs:
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy (They seem to win everything they enter)
2. Mukhortova/Trankov
3. Duhamel Buntin

Dance:
1. Delobel/Schoenfelder
2. Faiella/Scali
3. Carron/Jost

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Ladies:
1. Asada
2. Zhang
3. Rochette

I wouldn't be surprised if Rochette falters like she did in numerous competitions. Zhang seems to be more consistent and competitive.

Men:
1. Joubert
2. Kozuka
3. Preaubert

Pairs:
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
2. Mukhortova/Trankov
3. Duhamel Buntin

Dance:
1. Delobel/Schoenfelder
2. Faiella/Scali
3. Carron/Jost
4. The Kerrs

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
DANCE
DelShoes
Faiella / Scali
Kerrs
Carron / Jost
Crone / Poirier

PAIRS
Savchenko / Szolkowy
Mukhortova / Trankov
Duhamel / Buntin
Vise / Trent

MEN
Joubert
Kozuka
Bradley
Chan
Lutai
Mroz

LADIES
Asada
Zhang
Rochette
Liang
Gedevanishvili
Hughes

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow, when I looked down the list, I found out our predictions for the men are exactly the same, that means things can happen;)
TEB was Patrick's senior GP debut in 06, he won for the first time last year, and he shall win again:rock:

Ha ha, this is both cool AND creepy! 2 psychically linked figure skating fans can't possibly be wrong! :biggrin:

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
With the way things have been going with the men....Joubert will probably come in last and some unknown guy will win!!

:rofl:

Preaubert. He's perfect for the role. Or at least he will win the SP: I can see the titles in the homepage of Icenetwork, with a photo of him. Go Alban! :laugh:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dance
1. Delobel & Schoenfelder
2. Crone & Poirier (give the youster a boost:rock:)
3. Kerr & Kerr (luv them)
4. Faiella & Scali
5. Carron & Jost

Here' what your 2-5 teams scored recently:

180.20 Kerrs, SA --- with a huge mistake in the FD
166.82 Carron / Jost, SA -- and now they are on home ice
162.13 Crone/Poirier on home ice.

Then there's Faiella/Scali, who were 5th at 08 Worlds with a score of 201.94 and who scored 172.28 and 181.10 in their GP events last season.

Do you really believe that a newbie Senior team, even one as promising as C/P, is going to beat the Kerrs, Faiella/Scali and Carron/Jost?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Do you really believe that a newbie Senior team, even one as promising as C/P, is going to beat the Kerrs, Faiella/Scali and Carron/Jost?
I agree - ice dance, barring a splatfest like the 2006 Olympic OD, is the last place to predict major upsets.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am terrible at predictions. I just like to watch :love:

However:

Dance:
Delobel/Schoenfelder-It's France, they're French, & they are the reigning world champions. Plus their programs are pretty good, if not my favorites this year.
Kerrs-Their programs are awesome this year, and their CD's are much improved. Plus they are in good form already. Tech content was already good at Skate America. It should be better here.
Faiella / Scali-They will be slain by low tech marks, unless they have made major changes since the video of their Italian test skate was made.

Men-a crap shoot:
Alban Preaubert
Brian Joubert
Ryan Bradley-
Patrick Chan

Ladies
Mao Asada
Joannie Rochette-granted she always skates better in Canada than in Europe, but I think she still takes the silver
Bebe Liang -wishful thinking, but I'd like just once for Bebe to nail both programs and earn a grand prix medal

Pairs
Repeat of Skate America (except M&B are not here)
Savchenko Szolkowy
Mukhortova Trankov
Duhamel Buntin

Eevun

Final Flight
I will now try to predict the whole event (not just the men).

Men
The question for me is; how much is Joubert willing to put up? He hasn't impressed me that much so far in the season (and I'm waiting for THE perfect skate to that LP, you've just gotta luuv it :love:). Kozuka has really whet his appetite and will put up a good fight. Chan is good, but I've no idea how his season has been so far. And Preaubert won over Joubert a couple of weeks ago. 4 men and a 3-podium. :scratch: (siberia, give me a shot with your sixth sense, mine is all gone!)

1. Kozuka
2. Joubert
3. Chan
4. Preaubert

Ladies
1. Asada. No doubt.
2. Rochette
3. Gedevanishvili. This is really wishful thinking, but I want the girl back who totally charmed at Euros -06

Pairs
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
2. Duhamel/Buntin
3. Mukhortova/Trankov

Dance
1. Delobel/Schoenfelder. No doubt either.
2. Kerr/Kerr. I want it and I really think they can do it.
3. Faiella/Scali.

R.D.

Record Breaker
If it's wishful thinking, or a hope, it can't really be called a prediction, now, can it? ;)

you have to remember that Bradley is all askew in the air while jumping, but he lands them, and in a way, that makes them exciting. I wont rule him out as podiumless. This is serious for him to make the Finals.

Brian will get nervous if his father shows up.

Preaubert has to redeem himself

Patrick but not with the boo boos in SC LP. He won't get away with that here.

I'll make separate statements for the other disciplines.

Forgot: Kozuka to challenge Brian for gold.

Last edited:

alekzu

Rinkside
Okay, if Eevun is in the game then so am I. I usually don't do so well on predictions though....

Men
1. Kozuka (cause I'm tired of Joubert and I love the Japanese)
2. Joubert (cause I can't count him out. Give us a quad will ya?)
3. Preaubert (a great skater with terrific programs, I do hope he does well)

Anything below that is... Not my territory so to speak. I don't know how good the American guys are, and although I like Macypura and Urbas they usually don't rank very high. Chan was good at Worlds, but his latest performance was a lot less than impressive. Should end up in top 5 if he pulls himself together.

Ladies
1. Asada (like I said, I love the Japanese, and especially this little girl)
2. Rochette (I have no personal opinion of her really, but she usually does perform very well)
3. Zhang (cause I had to pick somebody, never seen her skate but her scores from last season were high so I'm guessing she's pretty good)

Wow. The ladies competition is going to be a killer. That last one is just a guess. And it's not like the other girls haven't got a chance either, cause they're good as well. We've got Hughes (although she hasn't been that good recently), Liang, Marchei and Gedevanishvili who are all good skaters as well (Elene is great imo). It's going to be really tough....

Dance
1. Delobel/Schoenfelder (no discussion needed)
2. Kerr/Kerr (they sooooo deserve it)
3. Faiella/Scali (almost never heard of any of the others, and even if I have I know they can't beat these guys, unless something unexpected happens)

Pairs
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy (no discussion needed here either really)
2. Mukhortova/Trankov (if I remember correctly they were pretty good last season)
3. Duhamel/Buntin (can't really remember them from Worlds, but a 6th place is worth something at least)

The rest I don't know. Except Canac/Coia. And they're not that good.

That's some kind of a prediction at least. I hope I get at least one or two right....

Last edited:

missysays

On the Ice
Men:
G-Joubert
S-Kozuka (Though I would really love it if he won.)
B-Mroz (Wishful thinking here- but I really like Brandon's skating so I'm going to keep on wishing for it.)

Ladies:
G-Asada
S-Rochette
B-Zhang (Ok- since it was pointed out that Korpi withdrew then because of the slim pickings I'll pick Zhang but I still hope she has some downtime this season to regain her spirit and will. She looked so faded and unhappy at SC.)

Pairs:
G-Mukhortova/Trankov (They just might have gone home and come back again really hungry- you never know.)
S-Savchenko/Szolkowy
B-Vise/Trent

Dance:
G-Del/Scho
S-Faiella/Scali
B-Kerrs (Though I would love it if they got silver.)

Last edited:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Preaubert. He's perfect for the role. Or at least he will win the SP:

OMG, I actually CAN see Alban winning the short program! I doubt he'll be able to medal (or so my instinct says), but that would add to the whole "randomness" that we've been seeing with the men lately.

Just look at the pattern so far:

- Evan won the SP at SA, but ended up in 3rd
- Yannick won the SP at SC, but finished off the podium
- Vaughn came in 2nd for the SP, but only placed 5th (Jeremy was VERY lucky this time around!)

I have no clue what's going on with the Skate Gods, but they seem to be having a lot of fun "shaking" things up with the male figure skaters this season! Maybe it's a reminder that we're mere mortals and we have no business trying to determine the outcome. O hail the power of the mighty Skate Gods! :bow:

(siberia, give me a shot with your sixth sense, mine is all gone!)

:laugh: I guess you can always copy and paste my predictions. ;) I know I've already said this, but I still can't get over how FREAKY it is that gopatrick's guess for the guys was exactly the same as mine.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Ladies
1. Asada. No doubt.

But is there really no doubt? Well, I guess there isn’t. But maybe there is.

We've got former worldchamp Hughes (although she hasn't been that good recently),

Emily Hughes was never world champion, nor was Sarah for that matter. Sarah was an oddity is that she was never World Champion, nor National champion.

alekzu

Rinkside
But is there really no doubt? Well, I guess there isn’t. But maybe there is.

Emily Hughes was never world champion, nor was Sarah for that matter. Sarah was an oddity is that she was never World Champion, nor National champion.

:laugh: Oh no, I mixed her up with, no not her sister, but with Meissner! How on earth did that happen? I'm editing that one immediately.

Maybe there is some doubt about Asada. I'm not saying it's clear that she will win. She is still young and new in senior competitions. How she's handling her role as reigning worldchamp I have no idea. She could falter under that pressure. Feels like she should be more fit for fight now than during Worlds (she's got a coach now at least). But this weeks GP will be the first time I get to see her this season, so I don't know her condition. I'm hoping she'll be able to do just as well as last season.

Last edited: