Russian Senior Test Skates 2021 - Free Skating | Page 55 | Golden Skate

Russian Senior Test Skates 2021 - Free Skating

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Hmm, had never realized this - he has always seemed a perfectly decent school boy relying on a lot of funny arm moves for his interpretation, not a sinister or villanous second in his programs in my eyes. Plus this was kind of more from a heroic point of view, don't you think?
I don’t know how the story for his current music goes, since that’s the first time I hear about it tbh, but the arms were conveying torment/inner turmoil in previous programs. It’s perfectly normal for a teenager to be attracted to angst and uncertainty. Honestly, I expected him to go for Raskol’nikov or Myshkin at some point with his choices and what he says about it, only I dunno if anyone ever bothered with musical versions.

honestly, I am stomped by someone interpreting Master and Margarita as beyond teens, because I pretty much read it endlessly as a teen. Obviously, with modern paranormal romance trends some teens might mistakingly ship Voland, but other than that… it’s not inaccessible by any means.

what I couldn’t handle as a teen was War and Peace, but Mozalev actually does, so respect where it’s due.

Last edited:

Skatesocs

Final Flight
honestly, I am stomped by someone interpreting Master and Margarita as beyond teens, because I pretty much read it endlessly as a teen. Obviously, with modern paranormal romance trends some teens might mistakingly ship Voland, but other than that… it’s not inaccessible by any means.
I don't think they said it's inaccessible to teens. Rather that some of the themes, the metaphor, the full impact is maybe beyond teenagers. There's a lot of things I read as a teenager that I see differently now and understand more about. And still, not all teenagers are the same. Some are smarter ;)

wakuwaku

On the Ice
Country
Latvia
I think it was potentially a good theme, but I agree it came off as primitive, with some transparent gimmicks.
I am sorry but it seems you didn't understand me. By "primitive" I meant my own short summary of book's one of the many plotlines - not Anna's program. So there is nothing you should agree with. If you are going to label skating program which can't convey whole book or movie plot as primitive - you can as well label all of them as "primitive". It's impossible to show many hours script within mere 4 minutes of skating - for any choreographer - even if he is a genius. What is possible though - is to express several key scenes or characters mood on the ice. That task Anna did splendidly. In my opinion. And there is really nothing more you can demand from a skater in a movie/book program

I'm not fully sold on the interpretation that the forces of good win in the end (they really don't), but we can go with love wins in the end.
I see it as winning because to win is not mean to _destroy_ the evil. From biblical point of view. Victory is when you save someone - not destroy.

Last edited:

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I am sorry but you didn't (pretend to not) understand me, did you?
Is there a reason for your tone with this question?

No, I didn't "pretend to not" understand. If you believe Anna's interpretation was excellent - then it is an opinion you can hold. I happily disagree with you and your understanding of the program, then.
If you are going to label skating program which can't convey whole book or movie plot as primitive - you can as well label all of them as "primitive".
Dear, where did I say Anna's program wasn't great because it didn't "convey the whole book or movie plot"? I am sorry but you didn't (pretend to not) understand me, did you?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: As long as they don't ship Behemoth...
What can I say except, luckily, he is not a wolf. But I am sure if you look hard enough, you will find it.

obviously, a perception of anything changes, but I would disagree that 17 yo outlook is less valid than 47 or 87… kids will be fine. let them interpret Master and Margarita or Karenina. Particularly since the audience is calling for more artistic stuff, well, it starts with looking at what everyone had looked at before and figuring out what it means to you, individually.

wakuwaku

On the Ice
Country
Latvia
Is there a reason for your tone with this question?
I am sorry - I realized on my own I was too negative without reason - but edited my post too late. It seems I am too used to internet confrontations and therefore tend to see ill-will everywhere even when there is nothing like that - and try to respond accordingly. It's my fault here, all right.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I am sorry - I realized on my own I was too negative without reason - but edited my post too late. It seems I am too used to internet confrontations and therefore tend to see ill-will everywhere even when there is nothing like that - and try to respond accordingly. It's my fault here, all right.
That's OK :) I think we both must have done so in the past.

aka_gerbil

On the Ice
A good program going (somewhat) well, then a botched lift... how T/M
I’m just catching up, but as an FYI, Tarasova has had a leg injury to deal with recently (and was only cleared for jumps/throws about 1.5 weeks ago). I’m guessing between that and re-doing the short, training the lp hasn’t been a high priority. Given the injury, I’m not too fussed about some problems here.

Magill

Record Breaker
What can I say except, luckily, he is not a wolf. But I am sure if you look hard enough, you will find it.

obviously, a perception of anything changes, but I would disagree that 17 yo outlook is less valid than 47 or 87… kids will be fine. let them interpret Master and Margarita or Karenina. Particularly since the audience is calling for more artistic stuff, well, it starts with looking at what everyone had looked at before and figuring out what it means to you, individually.
Some people say it is only a child who is capable of perceiving the world as it is, of grasping the truest truth in a blink of an eye. Surely the young, the adult and the elderly will perceive things differently but ... that is ok, the differences are what makes the world an interesting place. Who knows whose interpretation is more valid, maybe in the end of the day they are just all equal....

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
Some people say it is only a child who is capable of perceiving the world as it is, of grasping the truest truth in a blink of an eye. Surely the young, the adult and the elderly will perceive things differently but ... that is ok, the differences are what makes the world an interesting place. Who knows whose interpretation is more valid, maybe in the end of the day they are just all equal....
I agree with this so much.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
A good program going (somewhat) well, then a botched lift... how T/M
I guess it depends how it was botched. I was just thinking the other day that it's a wonder more lifts don't succeed. Like have you ever lifted something and had your arm go up wrong. It just gets stuck in an awkward position and it's probably a bad idea to try and force it.

This post is inspired by the fact I was waving my arms around yesterday and did something weird and my shoulder hurt the rest of the day 😅