Sara Hurtado & Adria Diaz | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Sara Hurtado & Adria Diaz

Barb

Record Breaker
Terrible news, and the worst is I think they did not finished in very good terms :cry:

Spiral

Final Flight
Why did they split? I hope her injury isn't so serious that she had to retire?

chameleon

On the Ice
Why did they split? I hope her injury isn't so serious that she had to retire?

It's a little unclear if she's going to retire or if they just split, but it's looking like the latter. Seems like personal differences.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I hope this was said in a heat of a moment and she'll change her mind. I started to really appreciate them last season, so this is very sad news for me.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I hope this was said in a heat of a moment and she'll change her mind. I started to really appreciate them last season, so this is very sad news for me.

I highly doubt that this is something one said in the heat of the moment in such a long FB post less than a week before the GP starts. :cry:

Spiral

Final Flight
While it's generally a sad news when a talented team splits, I'm glad if it's at least a decision they made rather than something forced on them by an injury. And while I don't think anybody would make such an announcement in the heat of the moment, I think there's still a chance they'll reconsider, since there are so few suitable partners for them in their country. But in any case it's a pity that it's happening now when the season has started.

The Finn

Record Breaker
The link is from Monko & Khaliavin thread but I will mentioned it here also.

http://ffkm.ru/images/files/documents/Protokol_Presidium_23-05-2016.pdf

Above document seem to confirm that Hurtado and Kirill Khaliavin are planning to skate together because Kirill is asking to be released by Russia so that he could represent Spain. Teaming up with Sara would make sense for both but it is difficult to say how soon would Russia release Kirill. Anyway, they would make an interesting team.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
The link is from Monko & Khaliavin thread but I will mentioned it here also.

http://ffkm.ru/images/files/documents/Protokol_Presidium_23-05-2016.pdf

Above document seem to confirm that Hurtado and Kirill Khaliavin are planning to skate together because Kirill is asking to be released by Russia so that he could represent Spain. Teaming up with Sara would make sense for both but it is difficult to say how soon would Russia release Kirill. Anyway, they would make an interesting team.

He is released to continue his career in Spain according p.4 of this document.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I hope everything works out fo Sara and Khirill, seriously. They are both amazing skaters and I wish that they make a great dance team and start to grow together as fast as possible. I've missed Sara on ice and I am happy she gets a chance to be back with a great partner. Good luck!