Sasha Cohen book out March 29 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen book out March 29

brad640 said:
If you look back at Michelle, Jenny Kirk and others you can see that their bodies have changed as they have matured and they had to adjust their technique accordingly.
In one of Michelle's books, IIRC, Michelle discusses how embarassing it was at fifteen or sixteen, when all everyone wanted to talk about was her developing body and how her shifting center of gravity might affect her skating.

She said, "What did they think, that I would just topple over?":laugh:

Mathman

Last edited:

gezando

Final Flight
cutiepatutie said:
.....on the hateful side when it come to Sasha. There are a lot of skaters I don't care to watch but to keep saying hateful thing about them is hurtful and I just would never do anything like that and I can't see why you would want to. :sheesh:

All I said was Fire on Ice oh well (in the form of emoticon) I know Cohen fans rule the internet but this is not SCF, so expect there are people who do not gush and worship your favorite. If you disagree with the oh well,, then you are free to state why you disagree, or like you said "get a life". If you expect and demand Cohen gush and worship only, you should build your own Cohen shrine :laugh:

Last edited:

gezando

Final Flight
Pang is the only skater who looks thin in white costumes. In SA 03 gala, when Pang and Tanith were both on the ice, Tanith did not look slim in comparison.

I hadn't realized that skaters typically "rush forward, trying to be the first on the ice" for warm-ups. Is it because of all that pent-up energy, or are they trying to gain some sort of psychological advantage by shouldering each other out of the way?
The gate or opening to the ice is large enough that all 6 skaters should be able to rush out onto the ice at the same time, unless some of the coaches crowded the space. I won't say it is typical trying to be the first. I believe last season at a GP event a skater jumped over the board in her effort to be the first, don't think that is typical

Last edited:

cutiepatutie

Rinkside
gezando said:
All I said was Fire on Ice oh well (in the form of emoticon) I know Cohen fans rule the internet but this is GS, not SCF, so expect there are people who do not gush and worship your favorite. If you disagree with the oh well,, then you are free to go on a Cohen worship gush. Once again if you have such a nice life you should be spending it gushing and worshipping at the Cohen shine if you expect to meet Cohen gushing worshippers only
I don't happen to GUSH as you put it over any skater but I notice in any post that has Sasha in you are one of the first to jump in there with your hurtful thoughts..My point is didn't your Mother ever tell you to tbe nice? I guess not !! Just not in your nature is it??? Why does it matter to you if fans like Sasha? Some like her some don't just as it is with every other skater, some like them some don't no big deal or at least it shouldn't be. But to small minded people I guess it does!!!!!

gezando

Final Flight
cutiepatutie said:
I don't happen to GUSH as you put it over any skater but I notice in any post that has Sasha in you are one of the first to jump in there with your hurtful thoughts.
In this thread, I said Fire on Ice oh well, a neutral comment on your favorite's book. And you took that as an excuse for personal attack

.My point is didn't your Mother ever tell you to tbe nice? I guess not !! Just not in your nature is it???
Hmm... nice try to diss and attack another poster, and extend that to the poster's family b/c the poster did not bow down to your favorite.

Why does it matter to you if fans like Sasha? Some like her some don't just as it is with every other skater, some like them some don't no big deal or at least it shouldn't be.
On the contrary, I believe it matters to you whether others like Cohen or not, otherwise you won't make such a huge fuss over a neutral comment on your favorite's book " Fire on Ice oh well",

But to small minded people I guess it does!!!!!
There you go again with your attack. b/c others do not bow down to your favorite

Last edited:

cutiepatutie

Rinkside
gezando said:
In this thread, I said Fire on Ice oh well, a neutral comment on your favorite's book. And you took that as an excuse for personal attack

Hmm... nice try to diss and attack another poster, and extend that to the poster's family b/c the poster did not bow down to your favorite.

On the contrary, I believe it matters to you whether others like Cohen or not, otherwise you won't make such a huge fuss over a neutral comment on your favorite's book " Fire on Ice oh well",

There you go again with your attack. b/c others do not bow down to your favorite
You just proved my point once again, you turn everything around to suit yourself.

gezando

Final Flight
cutiepatutie said:
You just proved my point once again, you turn everything around to suit yourself.

I thought your point as stated by you was

cutiep said:
My point is didn't your Mother ever tell you to tbe nice? I guess not !! Just not in your nature is it

Your point is personal, your point is an attack on another poster, your point is an attack that extends to another poster's family member.

nuggetr

Rinkside
My thoughts exactly cutie, whenever I see Sasha's name I know gez won't be far behind. Don't matter whom you like to see skate if you defend Sasha then you become a uber fan, I think is what gez calls people. Little does he/she know!!! Oh well Cutie gez always has to have the last word so I will wait to see what he/she comes up with next.. :laugh:

cutiepatutie

Rinkside
gezando said:
I thought your point as stated by you was

Your point is personal, your point is an attack on another poster, your point is an attack that extends to another poster's family member.
I didn't attack your mother just asked a question, how is that attacking anyone?

Linny

Final Flight
I'm confused

Sasha talks about John Nicks as her coach at SLC... WAS he her coach at that time?
Linny

R.D.

Record Breaker
nuggetr said:
My thoughts exactly cutie, whenever I see Sasha's name I know gez won't be far behind. Don't matter whom you like to see skate if you defend Sasha then you become a uber fan, I think is what gez calls people. Little does he/she know!!! Oh well Cutie gez always has to have the last word so I will wait to see what he/she comes up with next.. :laugh:

ITA. This is exactly the point I've been trying to make for so long...Like I said before:

"It works both ways, folks...her detractors will see anything non-scathing as a gush or praise and label that person 'Cohen fan'."

It really gets old, this calling people who don't attack her "Cohen fans". Do NOT expect this to stop any time soon...:sheesh:

Linny said:
Sasha talks about John Nicks as her coach at SLC... WAS he her coach at that time?
Yes, I'm pretty sure he was. IIRC it was in the summer of 2002 that Sasha first started working with Tatiana Tarasova, and she formally announced that she was moving to Connecticutt later that year.

MM

R.D.

Record Breaker
On another note, I've never seen that excerpt from the book before...must have just been added. From reading it, I dunno...The writing style has a very "blah" tone (probably because it's simple), however the part about the locker room was somewhat interesting (to see what the skaters go through). In any case, this seems to be a book particularly for avid fans/kids looking to get into skating, and no one else, IMO. I've no interest in books like that.

millie

Medalist
gezando said:
All I said was Fire on Ice oh well (in the form of emoticon) I know Cohen fans rule the internet but this is not SCF, so expect there are people who do not gush and worship your favorite. If you disagree with the oh well,, then you are free to state why you disagree, or like you said "get a life". If you expect and demand Cohen gush and worship only, you should build your own Cohen shrine :laugh:

I don't think that Cohen fans rule the internet. The problem is that everytime Sasha's name appears in a thread, the Michelle worshipers, are the first ones on the band wagon, waiting to say nasty things about Sasha. Then the so-called uber-fans come to her aid! The thing that upsets me most are people starting rumors that Sasha has eating dissorders and that she has anorexia, just because she is a petite girl. The same thing goes for people saying that Michelle's face was blown up like a balloon when she skated at Nationals. and that she was on "something". I don't think nice to be degrading skaters because of the way they look."If you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all".

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Let's stay on topic people. If you have issues about a poster or something someone said, report the post or take your "fight" off board.

Thanks a million.

S

SkateFan4Life

For what it's worth, I would imagine that Sasha's book would be an interesting read for young (under the age of 15) figure skating fans, and perhaps for her fans of all ages. For me - someone who is decidely over the age of 15 (!!) and not a particularly diehard fan of Sasha's (although I certainly respect her talent as a beautiful figure skater) - I just would not be interested in this book.

Frankly, most 20-year-olds have little to write about that's worth reading. How many of us would want to read a typical 20-year-old daily journal? Of course, Sasha is an exception to this rule, as she's a 20-year-old who has skated at the Olympics, is one of the best figure skaters in the world, has traveled and competed on several continents, etc.

For those of you who read the book, enjoy it. :)

millie

Medalist
gezando said:

There you go again with your attack. b/c others do not bow down to your favorite[/QUOTE

"PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN GLASS HOUSES< SHOULDN'T THROW STONES"

As Toni said, the topic is Sasha's book.

If you feel that a poster has violated GS rules, report the post to the moderators (click on the red triangle at the bottom left of each post).

Elevating your opinions into a personal war and using your views on skating as an excuse to make personal attacks on skaters or on other posters, is not only stupid, but worse yet, it is quite boring to the rest of the GS membership. Nobody is interested in viewing Golden Skate or any other message board to hear the same two or three antagonists exchanging insults.

Mathman:disagree: