Sasha Cohen book out March 29 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen book out March 29

S

SkateFan4Life

Mathman said:
As Toni said, the topic is Sasha's book.

If you feel that a poster has violated GS rules, report the post to the moderators (click on the red triangle at the bottom left of each post).

Elevating your opinions into a personal war and using your views on skating as an excuse to make personal attacks on skaters or on other posters, is not only stupid, but worse yet, it is quite boring to the rest of the GS membership. Nobody is interested in viewing Golden Skate or any other message board to hear the same two or three antagonists exchanging insults.

Mathman:disagree:

Amen! Thank you for writing this. I get really, really, REALLY annoyed at some of the people who post on this board - those who use this as a vehicle to launch personal attacks and retaliate when they are "attacked".

Some of the threads in GS contain so much of this nonsense - so much of the
"he said, she said" stuff. I, for one, find it frustrating to scroll through these types of threads. Frankly, guys, I'm not the least bit interested in reading about your little "wars" on this board. Let's keep to the subject - figure skating, etc.

Thanks!

R.D.

Record Breaker
The funny thing here is, with everyone saying "get back on topic, take your wars elsewhere" (which I agree with BTW) we are getting even further off topic :laugh:

sorry :eek:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
The funny thing here is, with everyone saying "get back on topic, take your wars elsewhere" (which I agree with BTW) we are getting even further off topic :laugh:

sorry :eek:
then don't reply to our reminders ;)

I think it will be interesting to here her version of certain stories... I probably will read it just so my parents will know if my brother would be interested in it (I can't believe I'm related to a Sasha fan LOL) other than that I think it will do well enough...

I'm not expecting it to make the best sellers list, but I'm not expecting a flop either

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
You know what, Red Dog? I am going to start an Internet rumor that you are a huge Jenny Kirk fan.:p

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8675&page=2

ROFL, I was just WAITING to see if someone would respond. I saw that one coming, that's for sure :laugh:

In all seriousness, I think they are "pretty" (like the thread says) as well as some other skaters that aren't on that list. But, as you all know, that doesn't translate into being a fan ;)

Back to Sasha's book, now... :laugh: I think there might be certain people who might hide in the shadows of the bookstore to read it :rofl:

gezando

Final Flight
Some nice tag team work here :) :rofl:

:) On topic, just from the promotion preview, IMO Fire on Ice is :eek:hwell: :eek:hwell: :eek:hwell:
and ita with RD it is blah
OTOH, RD, I disagree with everything you brought up in your post #32

I haven't seen anyone here at GS ever mentioned that Cohen is anorexic, Cohen spends a lot of time cooking. As to the speculation whether she is a v!rgin or not, (which was brought up by Soogar)who cares, it is her private life. On second thought I am sure some uber Cohen fans may care

Last edited:

nicole_l

Final Flight
As to the speculation whether she is a v!rgin or not, who cares, it is her private life. On second thought I am sure some uber Cohen fans may care
Geez, she's twenty, it's not like it's a big deal if she isn't one.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I suspect the book will be a lot like Sasha's diary, that is, heavily edited by her PR team, so I'm not too interested in reading it. Interesting that the excerpt is about SLC and the skaters in the warmup group fighting to get on the ice first. I can recall 2002 US Nationals with the final group for the FS heading to the ice for the warmup. Sasha literally shoved her way to the front of the group, pushing Angela and Sarah out of her way. She was the first to hit the ice.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
chuckm said:
. Sasha literally shoved her way to the front of the group, pushing Angela and Sarah out of her way. She was the first to hit the ice.

On her feet, her a$$, or both :biggrin: ?

millie

Medalist
Piel said:
On her feet, her a$$, or both :biggrin: ?

I think that this thread is starting to get ugly and down-right mean. Please leave the girl with a bit of dignity!!!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
SkateFan4Life said:
For what it's worth, I would imagine that Sasha's book would be an interesting read for young (under the age of 15) figure skating fans, and perhaps for her fans of all ages. For me - someone who is decidely over the age of 15 (!!) and not a particularly diehard fan of Sasha's (although I certainly respect her talent as a beautiful figure skater) - I just would not be interested in this book.
SkateFan4Life, I absolutely agree with your assessment of the target audience for this book.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Really Millie...

millie said:
I think that this thread is starting to get ugly and down-right mean. Please leave the girl with a bit of dignity!!!

Where is your sense of humor? The media went after Sasha, and she welcomed the attention. She is about to make good $ (if she's as smart as I think she is) on this book. She has a reputation for falling, especially in major comps. But don't think for a second she doesn't welcome the spotlight she's in, for all the $ advantages it gives her. She's already got a mother.

DG

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
millie said:

Figure skating and this board to me is for FUN :) . It is not my life and I take it no more seriously than any other form of entertainment,....sports, movies, or a T.V. show. It is well documented that Sasha as lovely and exquisite as she is cannot manage to keep a$$ off ice for a long program. mentioning that is not being mean it is being factual. If her fans cannot handle that fact than maybe they need to either grow a thicker skin, or come over to the light and become a Kwan fan :rock: , or join Red Dog in non-fandom :cool:

As for:
Dignity.... The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect. Sorry Millie, there is nothing you or I can do to either give or take it away from her.

registered

On the Ice
chuckm said:
I suspect the book will be a lot like Sasha's diary, that is, heavily edited by her PR team, so I'm not too interested in reading it. Interesting that the excerpt is about SLC and the skaters in the warmup group fighting to get on the ice first. I can recall 2002 US Nationals with the final group for the FS heading to the ice for the warmup. Sasha literally shoved her way to the front of the group, pushing Angela and Sarah out of her way. She was the first to hit the ice.

For a person who's so not interested in Cohen's book, you spend a lot of time on talking it down (without even reading it, of course). By the way, how do you know her on-line journal is "heavily edited by a PR team?" Is she illiterate, or non-articulate, that she cannon write her own lines about attending a birthday party, or going to the movies? At the same time you've managed to find a "controversial line" in the short preview (where she writes about skaters rushing onto the ice for the warm-up) in something that, as you assured us -- a heavily censured material. Either Cohen's book's a sweetened product of some mighty "PR machine," or it's a controversial, thought provoking read, but you cannot have it both ways at the same time.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Registered, what does "Jenny Kirk off the podium in 2005" mean? :scratch: :unsure: :scratch:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I loved her SP (and costume) too and wouldn't even mind if she used it again next year for the Olympics :love:. I never thought of adding it to my signature though as a sign of support. Maybe you should add a :cry: so people won't be confused and think you are gloating over her fininshing off of the podium. Nice to see you and all of the Kirk fans coming out in time for Worlds! :agree: :clap: :rock:

Piel said:
Registered, what does "Jenny Kirk off the podium in 2005" mean? :scratch: :unsure: :scratch:
It's picking at Registered's archrival Gezando. Gezando's signature line is "Jenny Kirk for President 2020."

MM