Satoko Miyahara out of 4CC & Asian Games | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara out of 4CC & Asian Games

ioanna

Record Breaker
Satoko Miyahara is withdrawing from 4CC and Asian Games due to left hip stress fracture. It appears that she was dealing with pain since before the Grand Prix Final and has been trying to treat it since then, but this week the pain worsened and she was recommended 4 weeks of complete rest.

"I apologize for the inconvenience and for worrying everyone. I will focus on my treatment so that I can improve my physical condition and perform well at the World Championships."

Rika Hongo will be going to 4CC and Kaori Sakamoto to Asian Games.

http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASK275J44K27UTQP00Y.html

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Oh no, poor Satoko. I think her chances to defend that title were pretty good. But I'm happy for Rika that she has another chance this year. She's been treated horrible by the judges during the GP circuit and i hope she can have some redemption at 4CC!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
"I apologize for the inconvenience and for worrying everyone. I will focus on my treatment so that I can improve my physical condition and perform well at the World Championships."

a real humble and class act she is, Satoko - you don't have to apologize anyone, just take care of yourself and be back stronger than ever in Helsinki!

:ghug:

ioanna

Record Breaker
At this point it's not about defending her 4CC title, it's about only resuming training in early March and having to get 3 spots for the Olympics. I wished for another World medal for her considering how she was treated last year but now it's much less likely.

lyverbird1

Final Flight
Get better soon Satoko! I'm really beginning to fall in love with her skating again this season, hopefully we'll see her back to her best in Helsinki.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
wow hope she'll be ready for worlds. Her work ethic is everything obviously but with so little training... :scratch2:

ioanna

Record Breaker
A couple of seasons ago at the 2015 4CC she skated with an ankle injury and still managed to get a silver medal. By Worlds she was much better. The 4 weeks of rest are needed for full recovery so I hope it won't turn out as bad as it sounds.

ioanna

Record Breaker
According to nikkansports she doesn't need surgery and is expected to be fully recovered in 4 weeks. I suppose she can still do some light training in the meantime.
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/1775797.html

That's what happens when you have to skate at Stars On Ice and then at two consecutive competitions. Now Rika will have to deal with 4CC and Asian Games back to back.

sallycinnamon

Medalist
According to nikkansports she doesn't need surgery and is expected to be fully recovered in 4 weeks. I suppose she can still do some light training in the meantime.

That's what happens when you have to skate at Stars On Ice and then at two consecutive competitions. Now Rika will have to deal with 4CC and Asian Games back to back.

Sakamoto goes to Asian Games.

I wish Satoko a speedy recovery. I hope everything will turn out well by the end of March. Fingers crossed.

Barb

Record Breaker

she compete at japan open, B competition, 2 gp, GPF, nationals, shows and she was trying 4cc, asian games, worlds and WTT. Poor girl!

liv

Record Breaker
Poor thing. Awful timing, not that timing is ever good. Hope she rests as needed and is patient and methodical in her return to training so she can be ready for worlds. No returning too early. Better that this is feb 2017, rather than 2018.

Plumededragon

Medalist

Yes, unfortunately. :( Hopefully Rika will be ok with doing 4CC right after AWG. It will be tough, but it may become a good experience to her. We'll see soon enough.

4-week rest will leave little time for Worlds, but we know Satton will make good time of her rest and training session left. Hopefully that will be enough because without her at Worlds, Japan's chance for 3 spots at Olympics for Ladies is quite low...

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What horrendous timing! Take the time to heal properly & completely, Satoko. That said, I hope she'll be ready in time for Worlds?

ioanna

Record Breaker
Well the stress fracture isn't new, she skated with it at the GPF and Nationals. It's just that 4CC and Asian Games back to back weren't going to work if Japan wants 3 spots for the Olympics.

Last edited: