Selling ice skates in Europe | Golden Skate

Selling ice skates in Europe

Timonerr_

Rinkside
Hello, I am planning on selling my figure skates, I was wondering if any of you guys knew where to post my skates, I live in Europe, Spain or Latvia, and most of the facebook groups are for United States. Do you know any place or group where I can post my skates?

Thank you in advance.

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Sometimes I go to ebay to look for dresses and I see many people worldwide selling skate boots & blades. Here in Japan we have Mercari and Yahoo Auction, where people sell second hand items (and even new ones too).
Have you tried selling them on ebay?

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
You can post your skates for sale anywhere you'll be happy to send them. The groups on Facebook have skates from all over the world in them.

emilinkaa

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Here in Germany, people seem to list them on ebay, Kleineinzeige (like Craigslist in the US) or on Vinted online. Or they post them on a message board at some of the local rinks I go to. I'd personally not buy a pair of used skates that I couldn't try on first, unless they were very very beginners and in almost new condition. I kept my old skates, even though they are in bad shape, because I'll use them for wild ice.

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Here in Germany, people seem to list them on ebay, Kleineinzeige (like Craigslist in the US) or on Vinted online. Or they post them on a message board at some of the local rinks I go to. I'd personally not buy a pair of used skates that I couldn't try on first, unless they were very very beginners and in almost new condition. I kept my old skates, even though they are in bad shape, because I'll use them for wild ice.

Here at my rink the coaches don't allow skaters to buy second hand skates when they're advising newcomers on their skates purchase, and they tell them to go in person to get fitted, however by the amount of used skates I see for sale at Mercari and Yahoo Auction (local places to sell things), and even at ebay, internationally, I'd think people sell skates because they were not good for their feet, they don't skate any longer or because they bought new ones themselves. And maybe people who buy the second hand skates either don't have money to buy new ones, or maybe they just want to see if figure skating is something they want to continue first and then they'll invest in new skates later.
I still have my previous skates, I haven't sold them, maybe I should sell them 😅🥲

emilinkaa

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Here at my rink the coaches don't allow skaters to buy second hand skates when they're advising newcomers on their skates purchase, and they tell them to go in person to get fitted, however by the amount of used skates I see for sale at Mercari and Yahoo Auction (local places to sell things), and even at ebay, internationally, I'd think people sell skates because they were not good for their feet, they don't skate any longer or because they bought new ones themselves. And maybe people who buy the second hand skates either don't have money to buy new ones, or maybe they just want to see if figure skating is something they want to continue first and then they'll invest in new skates later.
I still have my previous skates, I haven't sold them, maybe I should sell them 😅🥲
Oh, yeah. I bought my daughter's skates secondhand. She's just going a few times in the winter, doing laps. And I know a lot of young skaters buy and sell used blades especially, because they're growing so quickly. My friend bought a used pair of skates. And I'd consider it, in the right circumstances. But I'd never buy them without trying them on.