Shoma Uno | Page 343 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Oh how cool. Colan Totte gave Shomita a book with more than 1,000 messages of best wishes and support on his 20th birthday. No fair! I want to put a message in there too. Then he recorded a thank you response...I wonder if there will be any kind of "Good Luck at the Olympics" thing. Can he look any more handsome?! Sheesh!

https://t.co/J2LX60IMEC (birthday messages book)
https://t.co/A7dWlNOv3h

https://t.co/tuqquWrc7V (response)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdKt50TFcJm (wait a minute; who are these lucky people?!)

What are you saying? You have your own personal picture with Shoma, who wants one with 20 other people? :) That instagram is of a cram school. Perhaps Shoma went there before going to university? Idk. (And I don't see how. He must've been very busy training each day. He simply didn't have the time, or did he? Is that why he's always tired? Japanese education is tough)

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
And my question -- for anyone who knows about skin conditions, does it look like Shomita has rosacea, which is a condition where your face looks reddish all the time...nolangoh, we all notice every little nit-picky thing about this poor guy! :rofl: I have wondered the same thing as you...And just for the record, Nathan does have some condition called hyperhidrosis which has to do with excessive sweating.

He is probably too perfect that we just cannot tolerate any tiny bit of imperfection on him lol. I haven't heard anything about his skin except dryness so I hope it's nothing too serious, oh boy why can't you just take care of your skin? STAY HYDRATED!! Winter is dry!! And his lips are about to get dryer than the Sahara every time I see it i just :eeking:. In my family, dry skin and dry lips are not tolerated, Mother will be :furious: Also thank you for your information on Nathan, I really didn't know about that.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh my -- Gramps is back in the news again talking about his (and my) cute grandson and a painting he recently did. We're going to get spoiled with all this news. The person in the middle was inspired by Shomita. Sorta looks like him!

https://mobile.twitter.com/yawning_shoma/status/945918245655150592
https://mobile.twitter.com/yawning_shoma/status/945923274357211136

Awww Shoma's Grandpa is sweet and looking quite handsome for his age. Shoma comes from good genes. Good likeness of his and your grandson Arriba :)
Thanks for sharing!

Kanna

On the Ice
Oh, this makes me have to bring back THE giggle. Not sure what I love more -- the giggle or the way he wrinkles that big, adorable nose of his! Too cute! https://www.instagram.com/p/BVpPd6RFHEc/

Arriba, just follow Colantotte twitter, they collected birthday message before. unfortunately there's no Eng announce, I'll update if they do plan something again❗
Yes, another one seems NGO or kinda clam school, probably it's taken in summer? not official support company.
then, when he goes to Chicago❓4CC starts a month later💦

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
then, when he goes to Chicago❓

Yes, this is the big mystery question! Alex is not here right now. He has students who are skating in our U.S. Nationals, so he is in California now. Not sure how long he is there, but it doesn't make sense for the Prince to be here now. Last year he came on Dec. 27 or 28. Anyway, if and when he is here, I will be tracking him down like a bloodhound! :dance2:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What are you saying? You have your own personal picture with Shoma, who wants one with 20 other people? :) That instagram is of a cram school. Perhaps Shoma went there before going to university? Idk. (And I don't see how. He must've been very busy training each day. He simply didn't have the time, or did he? Is that why he's always tired? Japanese education is tough)

Here I am with the Prince. My arm is looking awesome! He, on the other hand, looks as amazing as always!
https://twitter.com/Arriba627FS/status/870022151243526147

Kanna

On the Ice
Yes, this is the big mystery question! Alex is not here right now. He has students who are skating in our U.S. Nationals, so he is in California now. Not sure how long he is there, but it doesn't make sense for the Prince to be here now. Last year he came on Dec. 27 or 28. Anyway, if and when he is here, I will be tracking him down like a bloodhound! :dance2:

umm...4cc starts on 22nd Jan...if he goes to Chicago, maybe during 29-9 or so❓here no news of course about it. If I hear or find something, put comment here💪

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
umm...4cc starts on 22nd Jan...if he goes to Chicago, maybe during 29-9 or so❓here no news of course about it. If I hear or find something, put comment here💪

Yes, please let us know if you hear. I am gone 3-8 so am praying that if he is here it won't be during that time! Darn, he needs to always tell us his schedule! :luv17:

demarinis5

Record Breaker
I'm sorry, but if Shoma can no longer do the cantilever without putting his hand on the ice, then he really needs to stop doing it. The "three legged table" does nothing for him.

I think Shoma and his team are more focused on other important elements in his program like his jumps, steps, transitions, spins etc to be worried about his hand
on the ice during his cantilever.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sorry, but if Shoma can no longer do the cantilever without putting his hand on the ice, then he really needs to stop doing it. The "three legged table" does nothing for him.

Seriously? You're back again already? Stay out of Shoma's Fan Fest. You have plenty of other platforms where you're already bashing him. I doubt that his team is staying up nights worrying about the cantilever.

Hronop

On the Ice

Actually, his '3-legged table' is just fine, and judges seem to appreciate it by giving him +2 for the choreo sequence. Personally, I'll still love that move even if Shoma decides to make it '4-legged'. ;)

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Actually, his '3-legged table' is just fine, and judges seem to appreciate it by giving him +2 for the choreo sequence. Personally, I'll still love that move even if Shoma decides to make it '4-legged'. ;)

I'd say he's basically shouting 'my body is ready' here but I'm not sure how old he was in this gif so I'm not going to say anything else...... :biggrin:

Latremu

Final Flight
Yey, back in an area with a decent Internet connection! It's fun to be without it for a while, though.
And my question -- for anyone who knows about skin conditions, does it look like Shomita has rosacea, which is a condition where your face looks reddish all the time...nolangoh, we all notice every little nit-picky thing about this poor guy! :rofl: I have wondered the same thing as you...And just for the record, Nathan does have some condition called hyperhidrosis which has to do with excessive sweating.
It doesn't really look like he has rosacea. The red hues on his face only come out when he's exercised/performed. I think he just has more capillaries on his face, which tend to become bigger and get filled with blood when he gets hot (during exercise), to dissipate the heat. After he's cooled down, it goes away. Don't diagnose rosacea on him, the condition often has pimple-like things on the face, which we don't want for him!

Thanks for the Ice Time article, Arriba! I hadn't seen that yet.

Kanna, you're going to 4CC too? I decided to finally watch a competition live and got tickets before, despite not knowing who was going. I felt like I won the lottery when I found out last week that Shoma was going! [emoji13] Fun, fun! I hope it doesn't tire him too much, though!

Regarding the cantilever... He can do with or without it (don't cry, Hronop [emoji22]). I really only enjoy the facial expressions he makes when he does them [emoji6]. As pointed out by demarinis, it's honestly the least of his problems.

Edited - I reiterate that I firmly believe that anyone who bothers to post a comment in a skater's fanfest is actually a fan, whether they know it or not. [emoji6]

demarinis5

Record Breaker
seriously? You're back again already? Stay out of shoma's fan fest. You have plenty of other platforms where you're already bashing him. I doubt that his team is staying up nights worrying about the cantilever.

Amen!

Shoma is not the only one getting bashed on social medium, believe me from a personal experience his fans are too.
These folks need to get a life