Shows in Moscow and St. Petersburg on the 19th | Golden Skate

Shows in Moscow and St. Petersburg on the 19th

Ximena

Final Flight
According to this article, on December 19th, there would be two shows at the same time, one in Moscow and another in St. Petersburg. The cast sounds impressive!

http://rian.ru/sport/sportsman/20071214/92458400.html

Saint Petersburg
Evgeni Plushenko
Tatiana Navka and Roman Kostomarov
Oksana Grishchuk and Evgenie Platov
Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin
Sasha Cohen
Stephane Lambiel
Phillipe Candeloro
Elena Grushina and Ruslan Goncharov
Margarita Drobiazko & Povilas Vanagas
Oksana Domnina and Maxim Shabalin
Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir
Caroline Zhang
Kiira Korpi
Mao Asada
Arthur Gachinsky
Yuko Kawaguchi and Alexander Smirnov

Moscow cast
Alexei Yagudin
Ekaterina Gordeeva
Ilia Kulik
Irina Slutskaya
Maria Petrova and Alexei Tikhonov
Elena Leonov and Andrey Khvalko
Yana Khokhlova Sergey Novitsky
Albena Denkova and Maxim Stavisky
Isabelle Delobel & Olivier Schoenfelder
Johnny Weir
Naomi Lang and Peter Tchernyshev
Emmanuel Sandhu
Fumie Suguri

momjudi

On the Ice
Problem is that Johnny Weir is scheduled to skate in a show at his training rink in New Jersey the same day. Tickets for that show went on sale at the end of November and the show is listed on Johnny's website and MySpace site.

Snowgirl

On the Ice
He won't be in Moscow, he told us that during CoR.
And I bet half of listed participants won't show up either.

Same for Virtue-Moir. They are supposed to be skating at the ARD Gala in Germany at the same date, too. But this is not really clear.

momjudi

On the Ice
THANK YOU!! I feel so much better now. I have ice level seats to see Johnny in New Jersey and it's the only thing getting me through a very stressful time in my life.

C_T_T_

On the Ice

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Thank you so much for the links!

The funny thing about watching those clips is that the two commentators for the show were Mishin and Tarasova. In life, of course, they dislike each other (though I bet they do respect each other as well). On the show, though, it was funny to see them making every effort imaginable to be super nice to each other, mentioning each other's achievements, etc.

C_T_T_

On the Ice
You are all very welcome!

Here is the closing of the show that I must have missed last night

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Or6v3j37E

I thought it was very strange that mishin and tarasova were commentating together aswell but since I don't speak russian I have no idea what they are saying!

Germanice

On the Ice
Looks like typical Russian game. LOL.
Well, an tremendous amount of the announced skaters actually appeared ... :p ... and I'm pretty sure Johnny still kicks his a** cause he couldn't be there.

Don't ya know? Tables have turned. If you want to watch a big skating show with huge crowds you have to go to Russia (or Japan) :biggrin: . And of course most skaters are clever enough to realize that as well.

krenseby

Final Flight
You are all very welcome!

Here is the closing of the show that I must have missed last night

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Or6v3j37E

I thought it was very strange that mishin and tarasova were commentating together aswell but since I don't speak russian I have no idea what they are saying!

Well Tarasova said that Sasha Cohen was very talented and a workaholic.

My jaw dropped: Never have I heard a single person call Sasha person a workaholic before. Everyone usually calls her lazy. I hope that that was really the truth: cause if she was a workaholic and still never got gold, that means that she is either a headcase ruined by nerves or a skater with a terrible jump technique that made it impossible for her to be consistent.

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
Well Tarasova said that Sasha Cohen was very talented and a workaholic.

My jaw dropped: Never have I heard a single person call Sasha person a workaholic before. Everyone usually calls her lazy. I hope that that was really the truth: cause if she was a workaholic and still never got gold, that means that she is either a headcase ruined by nerves or a skater with a terrible jump technique that made it impossible for her to be consistent.

It's funny...I've actually never heard Sasha being lazy. Being at the level that she was, there's no way she could have gotten so near to the top while being lazy you know?

Kasey

Medalist
It's funny...I've actually never heard Sasha being lazy. Being at the level that she was, there's no way she could have gotten so near to the top while being lazy you know?

Nicole Bobek won Nationals once too, and by most accounts, had a very poor work ethic. Natural talent can get you far.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Any news on whether Elena will be skating with Anton in the future?

Kasey

Medalist
Anton was just elected to some political position. I am not sure how time-consuming that will be, or what his intentions on continuing to skate are. Elena with Steven was cute, but definitely not Elena with Anton! ;)

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
Anton was just elected to some political position. I am not sure how time-consuming that will be, or what his intentions on continuing to skate are. Elena with Steven was cute, but definitely not Elena with Anton! ;)

I know! I miss Anton and Elena! oh and btw, is it true that elena ran for a position too but didn't garner enough votes to be elected?

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks so much for the clips! WOW, Lambiel and Cohen were really awesome!!! Such a beauty in every move and in their interpretation and feeling of the music, everything just perfect to the eye.

I was also very impressed by the young Gachinski and it was really wonderful to see Grishuk & Platov skating together again...

nuge

On the Ice
The clips were great thankyou.

Was great to see all the skaters but for me seeing G/P together again .
Although I thought that they were a little disappointing.Oksana still skates fabulously but I think Evgeney has aged so much more and she still looks so young and fitter than him now and so makes them not look as good on tne ice together IMO.

She should skate in 2010 and win third olympic gold :rock:bet she could .