Sinitsina/Katsalapov future prospects | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Sinitsina/Katsalapov future prospects

bramweld

Record Breaker
Point taken chameleon. If the matter is so heated for us as fans I wonder how stressful it is for the skaters themselves. I hope that sooner rather than later things will just calm down. The FED should really organise a press conference and allow all four to shake hands and bury the hatchet at least publicly. Because everything about this split was poorly handled. Why? For the respect of the sport I guess. I/K lest we forget are reigning Olympic Champions. A girl can dream right?

elif

Medalist
To make things even more interesting - Zahorski/Guerrerio scored 62 in their SD at the Russian Cup event today. Scores are usually slightly inflated & she still doesn't have a release from France, but it's still a very strong debut and adds another couple into the competition.

Please tell me we have video of this.:drama:

Last edited:

MarieM

On the Ice
S/K have two very good programs its the performance and technical savvy/readiness that they lack. They will not break up, the Fed has invested heavily in them. Read between the lines from what has been said and the silence of certain experts. Osaka was simply a small setback. S/K are being set up for gold in Korea, what happened in Osaka will be quickly forgotten. Certain factions within the Russian ID community will do all in its power diplomatically of course to ensure that Ilinykh does not repeat the success of Anissina. If I/Z make one mistake however they will be buried and Ilinykh and Zhiganshin know this deeply. This is a large part of the reason why I/Z have outpaced S/K, I/Z know where they stand. This disaster will only help S/K. Next time they should do much better.

:laugh2: So so untrue. Watch the PCS. The russian fed has made her choice, and her choice is clear.

MarieM

On the Ice
I liked. Little bit overscored but still it is very good start.:popcorn: I did see good edges on step sequence, she looks so soft on ice -which is very good because a lot of russian dancers looks labored on ice- Twizzles looks good. They hardly did crossovers to gain speed. :eek: That is good start, very very good start. :cheer2:
That video is bad, taken from a wrong end of the rink too. Still, if the rink is full sized, they have too much speed. For 4.5 months together, it's really really good considering. And their edges. They're so deep !

elif

Medalist
That video is bad, taken from a wrong end of the rink too. Still, if the rink is full sized, they have too much speed. For 4.5 months together, it's really really good considering. And their edges. They're so deep !

They began step sequence with almost no speed, still they did got speed on the way with only using edges. I only did see one toe pick on 2.51. It was less than all other teams. Chock/Bates does 3-4 toe steps along with 2-3 forward crossovers on same step sequence. Speed doesn't look good on video but any team who skates like that must have some good qualitys. :agree:

Do we know If French will release her?

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Point taken chameleon. If the matter is so heated for us as fans I wonder how stressful it is for the skaters themselves. I hope that sooner rather than later things will just calm down. The FED should really organise a press conference and allow all four to shake hands and bury the hatchet at least publicly. Because everything about this split was poorly handled. Why? For the respect of the sport I guess. I/K lest we forget are reigning Olympic Champions. A girl can dream right?

In the team event not ice dance and they did fd in team event and not sd. Then they won bronze. Everyone neesa to get over I/k already. I don't even understand for one second why people are so mad the team no longer exists. How about their worlds results? Euros results? Gp results? Russian nationals results.

gmyers

Record Breaker
There is no way S/K will win gold in Korea, that's definitely going to a North American team. Elena is training in Russia so your comment about Anissina is confusing. Elena anyhow is the one with the real star power, its pretty rude that just because her partner isn't as tall or good looking as her old partner people immediately write them off. They might not look like a winning couple but they will work twice as hard and that is admirable. I also don't see marina winning OG yet again.

I agree! I can't think of things that could block a c/b or w/p win.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Not bad, Z/G will make RN really interesting.

Strangely enough sorta agree with gmyers, due to the success of Ruslena, my interest in I/K has waned significantly. When I see I/Z skate together I don't wonder what would Nikita do. That is a malady that only Nikita has ATM. I/Z, IMHO skate more as one.

borzaya

Final Flight
S/K have two very good programs its the performance and technical savvy/readiness that they lack. They will not break up, the Fed has invested heavily in them. Read between the lines from what has been said and the silence of certain experts. Osaka was simply a small setback. S/K are being set up for gold in Korea, what happened in Osaka will be quickly forgotten. Certain factions within the Russian ID community will do all in its power diplomatically of course to ensure that Ilinykh does not repeat the success of Anissina. If I/Z make one mistake however they will be buried and Ilinykh and Zhiganshin know this deeply. This is a large part of the reason why I/Z have outpaced S/K, I/Z know where they stand. This disaster will only help S/K. Next time they should do much better.

I don't think so. Why would they do it (the fed, I mean)? They need strong pairs (not necessarily S/K). Yes, they favoured S/K, because it was obviously planned that they are going to be a leading pair, but these plans are crumbling now. Judging by a slightly hysterical recent interview by Piseev (in which he actually accused Soloviev for not trying hard enough to recover from his injury) the fed are becoming sort of panicky about the situation - they don't know whom they should consider as the leading pair. They would obviously prefer B/S to be in this place, as the most experienced team - but whatever he wants, B/S are still out, and the vacancy of the leading pair is up for grabs. I/Z look very promising, if they keep on like this, they have all the chances.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
So B and S are finished for this year then? Sad. I don't think I and Z have enough time to catch the americans, french and canadians.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
So B and S are finished for this year then? Sad. I don't think I and Z have enough time to catch the americans, french and canadians.

No. Last thing that was actually confirmed by Zhuline and Soloviev is that they're gonna skate at Nationals. But it was a few months ago. Nothing new since then, except we know for sure Dima is already training.

anyanka

Record Breaker
According to this article (thanks to morqet on FSU for the translation) dated today, Soloviev still cannot skate the full program - at the moment they are doing as much as they can without causing him pain. They are aiming to be ready for Nationals, but still can't say that they will definitely be there.

http://rsport.ru/interview/20141203/792433391.html

By the way, Soloviev's skates are found. :)
http://instagram.com/p/wJNeOonWV_/

I wonder if this is one of those career-ending injuries. It happened to Krylova in 1999 after she won back to back worlds and looked set to win OGM in 2002.

Back to S/K ... if B/S don't compete at nationals, the top spot is open and it looks like I/Z have momentum, with M/K or S/B battling it out for the next two spots. The question is whether or not the feds would reserve spots for Euros and Worlds for B/S.

Alba

Record Breaker
I wonder if this is one of those career-ending injuries. It happened to Krylova in 1999 after she won back to back worlds and looked set to win OGM in 2002.

I really hope not. :disapp:

Back to S/K ... if B/S don't compete at nationals, the top spot is open and it looks like I/Z have momentum, with M/K or S/B battling it out for the next two spots. The question is whether or not the feds would reserve spots for Euros and Worlds for B/S.

It will depend how fit they are by that time, but I think the FED will chose them for Worlds if they are able to compete.
They are an experienced couple and Russia's hope to keep 3 spots. It's going to be very difficult.

Last edited:

anyanka

Record Breaker
I agree! I can't think of things that could block a c/b or w/p win.

What about P/C? Their development was "in the background" for the last few years, but really came to the forefront this season. They're younger and energetic, and could technically develop even further. Both V/M and D/W were young at the start of the 06-10 quad and by the end of it they were dominant. Just a thought.

Just a side note ... then we can resume talking about S/K again. ;)

sillylionlove

Medalist
They can't break up. He's too busy grabbing her butt at the beginning of the routine. LOL
Seriously, I was never a fan of I&K but I&Z I actually like together. I feel like he thinks he's the best male ice dancer out there and that ego is what makes me dislike him even more. I don't see them doing well. I predict they won't even be in the top ten at worlds. (I'll probably end up regretting saying that)