BOBROVA/SOLOVIEV
ILINYKH/ZHIGANSHIN
AGAFONOVA/UCAR
HUBBELL/DONOHUE
SHIBSUTANI/SHIBUTANI
TBD

BeenJammin

Rinkside
If I buy the all event ticket does this allow me to go to practices? And if so, how does this work and when do they happen?

ozmodiar

On the Ice
If I buy the all event ticket does this allow me to go to practices? And if so, how does this work and when do they happen?

Yes, the all event tickets should say you're admitted into the practices sessions and you just show one at the door. The exact schedule is posted closer to the event, but there usually are sessions on Thursday and Friday, plus in the morning Saturday and Sunday.

PullingForSasha

Rinkside
Country
United-States
A few things.....
If you want to find out who the third U.S.A. mystery person is for all of the events, for S.A. check back here. (I GUESS!)
http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051773.htm
>Ladies: So far Gracie and Ashley. Now if the third one was Polina, that would be the Dave Trifecta!
>For anybody wondering about the practices, it’s like a three ring circus. All of them are out there at once, and one at a time, they play the music for each person’s event. Hardly any of them do a complete run-through. Bottom line is, it is MUCH more time to see your fave out on the ice. I make no apologies for being the Skater-Struck type. I STRONGLY recommend them.
>Parking: Last time it was FREE, but only if you get there early, and $20 if later. If you get there early, you have to STAY THERE or you get charged when you come back later.
>The Sears Center is a GREAT venue!
> I-90 toll road, known as the Jane Burn toll road, is under construction until Nov 2017, so you might want to plan for delays. It is the main East-West artery that leads almost to the door of the arena.
> LOL Many, cool, random things like this can happen!
https://www.facebook.com/dave.smith.7505/videos/vb.520122726/10153438353737727/?type=2&theater
:yahoo:

babyskate

On the Ice
This may have been answered earlier in the thread and I missed it, but does anyone know the official host hotel?
Is it the close by Marriott? Half the fun is seeing the skaters in the lobby at these events.
Thanks for any help.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
This may have been answered earlier in the thread and I missed it, but does anyone know the official host hotel?
Is it the close by Marriott? Half the fun is seeing the skaters in the lobby at these events.
Thanks for any help.

I don't think we know yet. Usually that info is in the announcement, which isn't up on the ISU website yet. The Skate America website lists a bunch of hotels but doesn't indicate which one is official. The USFS website events page lists Hilton as a "supplier" rather than a sponsor, so it's unclear whether Hilton will be the official hotel as it had been in the past.

FWIW the Hilton Rosemont was the official hotel in 2014 but it's about 15 minutes from the venue so not sure it will be again. I believe the Marriott Northwest is the closest hotel.

BeenJammin

Rinkside
Yes, the all event tickets should say you're admitted into the practices sessions and you just show one at the door. The exact schedule is posted closer to the event, but there usually are sessions on Thursday and Friday, plus in the morning Saturday and Sunday.

Are the tickets for the practice session the same seats as for the rest of the events?

andyjo24

Medalist
Hi everyone,

I have just bought my tickets for Skate America (super excited! Woohoo~), but I was just wondering if someone could help me with the transportation part of my trip. I would like to book my hotel at either the Hampton Inn, Hyatt hotel, or the Hilton hotel, but how would I get to the Sears Center from these locations? Is there public transportation that can get me there? Maybe a shuttle from these hotels?

Thanks so much in advance!!:agree:

Last edited:

ribbit

On the Ice
Hi everyone,

I have just bought my tickets for Skate America (super excited! Woohoo~), but I was just wondering if someone could help me with the transportation part of my trip. I would like to book my hotel at either the Hampton Inn, Hyatt hotel, or the Hilton hotel, but how would I get to the Sears Center from these locations? Is there public transportation that can get me there? Maybe a shuttle from these hotels?

I'm wondering the same thing, andyjo24. I'm not going to buy event tickets unless/until I know I can get from a hotel to the Sears Center! I emailed the address given for Skate America on the event website to ask this very question, and I'll post if I hear anything back.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Maybe Uber/cab service is available. It'll be pricey, but cheaper than renting a car I would think.

winky97

Medalist
Hi everyone,

Hampton Inn in Hoffman Estates has a shuttle that drops people off at local businesses. You may want to confirm operation hours. The other hotels you listed I don't believe have shuttle service. I would not try to do public transportation. It's is not the greatest in that area. Hope this info helped.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last year, SkAm released the colour-coded schedule in mid-September, which provided the detailed practice sessions.

Hello there in Wicker Park! :peace: Did you go to SA practices last year or in 2014? If so, do you remember were they Thurs.- Sat.? Thurs.- Sun.? Have never gone to practices so am trying to plan to go this time. Thx for any help you can give.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Did you go to SA practices last year or in 2014? If so, do you remember were they Thurs.- Sat.? Thurs.- Sun.? Have never gone to practices so am trying to plan to go this time. Thx for any help you can give.

Yes, I've attended SA practices recently, there was only one rink used for both practices and competition. Practice takes place all day Thursday, and in the mornings before the competitive sessions begin each day. Gala practice is generally closed to the public.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, I've attended SA practices recently, there was only one rink used for both practices and competition. Practice takes place all day Thursday, and in the mornings before the competitive sessions begin each day. Gala practice is generally closed to the public.

That helps a lot! Thx so much. Have gone to 5 big competitions but have never gone to any practices. Everyone talks about how much fun it is, so really looking forward to it.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
That helps a lot! Thx so much. Have gone to 5 big competitions but have never gone to any practices. Everyone talks about how much fun it is, so really looking forward to it.

Highly recommended! Thursday practice was my favorite day of SA last year. Very few people there aside from skaters, coaches, and other insiders. The actual competition itself is so short for any individual skater.

PullingForSasha

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Yes, I had the whole nine yards, four rows out in 2014. I TOTALLY recommend the practices! You get to see your faves practice for all of that extra time, and it’s loose and fun.